PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Space Moutain Halloween Overlay, how long does it take?

Goodnplenty
08-13-2012, 04:52 AM
I see that Space Mtn will be down Sept 10-13 so they can install the Ghost Galaxy overlay. It just ocurred to me that our vaca starts earlier this year on Nov.1st. Don't they normally close SM so they can take down the GG overlay? How many days does that take? We will be at DLR from 11/1 thru 11/8. So I'm guessing that we won't be able to ride SM until many 11/4?

GnP

Ferb
08-13-2012, 11:32 AM
The attraction only closes for a day or two. The overlay inside the attractions is very simple and is removed quickly.

Goodnplenty
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you very much for the info. Looking at other updates it appears that Thunder Mtn, Casey Jones, and Storybook will be closed. There should be plenty of time to get on SM during our vaca. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed about Alice. I believe they are closing it in early Sept to remedy the outdoor safety issue and hopefully (finally) those tarps will come down. I just hope that Alice will be back up by Nov.

Again, many thanks!
GnP

Ferb
08-13-2012, 11:18 PM
It sounds like you are reading a lot of rumors.

Space Mountain is closing November 5th. This could allow you to see it with and without the overlay.
Small World will open with its overlay on November 9th.

This is official information I get from Disney. There is no mention of Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jone or Alice from Disney.

Goodnplenty
08-14-2012, 06:46 AM
Actually you are right Ferb. I think I have been listening to some bad rumors. I'm gonna stop that right now. So let's see. It appears that IJ will be closed. :crying: But TM and Alice are all looking good! And you've given me a special treat to watch for. It would be neat to see GG. If that doesn't happen, well, that's okay but I'll have to pay attention to what's onthe Disney site.

Again, many thanks!
GnP