PDA

View Full Version : Our stay at the Grand Calif

MOUSELUVR
07-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone! We got back last night from our very first stay at the Grand Californian and I have to say it was SPECTACULAR! The service was fantastic from the time we arrived until the time we checked out. I could not have been more impressed and don't want to ever stay anywhere else! My older girls were able to spend some time at DCA by themselves since we were so close we felt comfortable letting them hit some rides together in the hot part of the afternoon while we enjoed the Redwood pool with our little one. They were the best 5 days and 4 nights that we have ever spent at a hotel.
:D

As far as Disneyland goes, I have never seen so many rides down as we did this trip.:( Pirates was down for a substantial time on Thursday, Matterhorn was down off and on all four days, Monorail was not working any of the time we wanted to ride...at DCA, more of the same, actually got stuck on GRR and had to wait for them to drain the water and be taken off our raft right at the first big drop. The Golden Zephyr was not open at all the first 3 days. We did REALLY enjoy the Aladdin show and my little one made us watch the Electric parade EVERY night, and taped it for her the last night so we can STILL watch it every night. Overall it was a pretty good trip, the hotel really made it special:D

disneygeek87
07-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I agree that staying at the Grand Californian or even at any of the Resort Hotels makes the vacation experience a lot better. I'm glad your family had a great time!

Pat-n-Eil
07-29-2003, 10:28 AM
I've eaten at the Storyteller's Cafe on a number of occasions, and we looked at the lobby, but this year we are staying at the Grand Californian during Thanksgiving week. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Our first trip with the kids, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel.. ever since, we stayed at good neighbor motels/hotels.. but this year we thought we'd splurge on another Disney property.

I really can't wait.

MOUSELUVR
07-29-2003, 10:37 AM
I really think you will enjoy yourself there...we were not disappointed in any way Pat&Eil.... Be sure to hit Whitewater snacks down by the Redwood pool, good quick food and reasonable prices. The refillable mug for, I think, $7.95 was a great hotel souvenier and any time the kids wanted anything to drink, soda, tea, etc. they can just go refill it for the entire lenght of your stay. Have a great time:D