PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour changes

Malcon10t
08-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Was just on the phone with Disneyland regarding tours, and found out the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour will be adding a tour of Walt's apartment in Sept. The prices will be jumping to $109, and they are accepting reservations now. She wasn't sure if AP discounts would still be available on this tour.

DwarfPlanet
08-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Wow, DW will be pleased. She has been wanting to go up there for years now and is still trying to find a copy of the lit lamp in the window.

olegc
08-10-2012, 09:43 AM
The description on the Parks blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/disneyland-resort-guided-tours-the-new-walk-in-walts-disneyland-footsteps-tour/) sounds like you get to go into Walt's private apartment. Now - this could be great - but it could also still be the Dream Suite (since it was also an apartment for Walt and Lillian - well, that was the plan anyway). So I wonder if someone at the Parks can confirm it is the Main St. apartment.

MammaSilva
08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
According to the blog it is indeed the Main Street apartment, but it says a peek...we saw the plaids giving folks a peek into the Club 33 lobby, they open the door people get to walk over a look in but no entry was allowed.

cstephens
08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Was just on the phone with Disneyland regarding tours, and found out the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour will be adding a tour of Walt's apartment in Sept.

That seems like an awful lot of traffic going through that tiny apartment.

Dellar
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm going to look into this, what fun!

olegc
08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
According to the blog it is indeed the Main Street apartment, but it says a peek...we saw the plaids giving folks a peek into the Club 33 lobby, they open the door people get to walk over a look in but no entry was allowed.

i have been on the previous Walk tour and indeed had the peek. Well - we got to go INTO the lobby and hear a bit of history - but that was it. So it could be the same thing as you say - though with such a small apartment and the door not giving a lot of view (if I remember my photos correctly - CMHusband had a great set a while ago) I wonder how good of a peak it could really be.

AVP
08-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Here's the wording from Disney. Since they call the apartment a "look" and Club 33 a "peek," my guess is that you will actually get to go into Walt's apartment, but I'm confirming with Disney now:

Join us in this unique experience that shares the life and lore of the man behind the magic of Disneyland Park. Travel through Walt Disney’s original Magic Kingdom while hearing stories of the challenges, excitement, inspiration, and fun that went into creating everything we associate with the name and the man, Walt Disney.

This tour includes an exclusive look into Walt Disney’s private apartment, a peek into the lobby of the exclusive, members only Club 33, a private lunch on Main Street U.S.A., two classic attraction experiences and a collectable pin. This tour is available every day at 9:30am and is approximately a 3 hours.

Tour Pricing: $109 per Guest for ages 3+
Tour Discounts: A 20% discount is offered to Disney Rewards® Visa®, AAA card holders, Disney Vacation Club® members and Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport holders.

For booking information or to inquire about tour dates and times visit Disneyland® Resort Guest Relations or contact (714) 781–TOUR.
*Attractions and entertainment are subject to availability and may change without notice.
Disneyland® Park admission is required for this tour.

cstephens
08-10-2012, 10:19 AM
So it could be the same thing as you say - though with such a small apartment and the door not giving a lot of view

Standing at the door and looking in wouldn't give you all that much to see unless they actually let you inside the door just a little, since the majority of the apartment is to the right of where the door is. You could also really have at most 2 people at a time doing that. At least with Club 33, there's an entire lobby to work with. The apartment doesn't have that luxury.

MammaSilva
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Well that would be a lot less expensive than doing the 5 day Adventure by Disney to get to see the apartment, but I worry that they won't be able to accommodate mobility impaired folks on the tour where as on the ABD they do.

Autopia Guy
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Well that would be a lot less expensive than doing the 5 day Adventure by Disney to get to see the apartment, but I worry that they won't be able to accommodate mobility impaired folks on the tour where as on the ABD they do.

The last time I got to go into the apartment, they had an airport cargo lift doubling as an elevator for mobility impaired guests. And I thought there were plans to make a more permanent solution available...

fairestoneofall
08-10-2012, 01:05 PM
This sounds awesome. I've been trying to find a time to schedule DH and I to do this tour, so I'll wait until fall.

On the topic of tours, any recommendations for the Discover The Magic tour with my 5 and 6 year old boys?

THpoohbear
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I did this tour a few years back and really enjoyed it! I was just looking at my pin the other day, which I also love. Approximately what was the price before adding Walt's Apartment? I don't remember.

ShelbyH
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I did this tour a few years back and really enjoyed it! I was just looking at my pin the other day, which I also love. Approximately what was the price before adding Walt's Apartment? I don't remember.

I paid $40 with the AP discount. And wow, this is big news!

Cory Gross
08-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I did the previous version of the tour in 2005 for about $75 (no discounts or anything)... And it looks like I'll be doing it again for $109 ^_^ Seeing Walt's Apartment was so far out there on my list of "things to do" that I didn't even really consider it. Now it's actually an option (and once I've done it and eat at Club 33, my list is complete ^_^).

The official replies to comments on the Disney Parks blog post say that you will not be able to take photos inside the apartment but that a general group photo will be taken. That sounds to me like they'll actually take you into it. How much actual traffic that is depends on how large the tour capacity is and how often they offer it.

AVP
08-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Approximately what was the price before adding Walt's Apartment? I don't remember.The tour was $59 per person in 2010. Here's a MousePlanet review:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9354/Tour_Review_A_Walk_in_Walts_Footsteps

AVP