PDA

View Full Version : Creating Disney Magic

DisneylandBoy
07-27-2003, 11:01 PM
For those who don't know, I am Clarabelle Cow in POTS at Disneyland. Today, I had the coolest thing happen to me - I was able to create Disney Magic.

So, We are getting ready to go out the gate, and we are being matched with our guests. My guest was a little six year old boy who was in the parade with what appeared to be his dad and mom and his two siblings. As I approached him, he seemed a little hesitant to get near me. His dad informed me that he was a little nervous about doing the parade. Well, I was going to make sure he had a great time. Isn't that was Disneyland is all about? So I immediately crouched down to his level and blew him a big kiss and waved to him. He smiled, seeing as this ugly cow was blowing him kisses - it had to be amusing. I offered him my hand and he took it. We began to head out the gate, and I spun him under my arm. He laughed and spun me under his arm. It was a little akward because he was like 2 feet shorter than me, but he the akwardness just made him laugh again. He seemed to be enjoying himself so far. Throughout the whole parade, I made sure he was having a good time. I was getting him to wave to the crowd and blow kisses! At one point, someone in the crowd said "Hi Nick!" (his name) and he got this great big smile on his face and waved to them. His dad turned to me and said, "He'll never forget this!" It just made me smile. I found that because he was having a great time, I was enjoying the parade more. At the end, I hugged him goodbye, and waved to him. He seemed a little confused. His dad told him to say goodbye to me. He looked at his dad, looked back at me and ran up and gave me a HUGE hug! As I danced away I waved to him and blew him multitudes of kisses.

I know it is SOOOOO cheesy but it was the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. That right there is Disney Magic, and it was soooo cool that I was able to create it for someone! It made me realize why I loved Disney so much, and why I love working for them! :D

Anyone else care to share about a special Disney moment that have experienced or created?

Lost Boy
07-28-2003, 07:51 AM
What can I say. I love watching little kids interacting with the Costumed Characters. They are just so amazing to watch and how they react.

The one that stands out most was an encounter with Mickey on Main Street by the Lincoln Theater. A really little guy who couldn't have been more that 3 or 4 and not too steady on this feet was being edged forward toward Mickey by his parents. They weren't shoving him just kind of encouraging him forward to meet Mickey. He wasn't quite sure about this, as Mickey was a lot bigger in person than he was. Mickey happened to glance his way, and saw the problem immediately. He knelt down and as he was kneeling, the little boy started forward, when Mickey's shoe slapped down on the pavement really hard, and the noise scared the kid back into his parents arms. He turned around and Mickey was crouched down as low as he could go, and he held out his arms to the little boy, who was watching all this out of the corner of his eye. All of a sudden the kid turned around and ran straight into Mickey's arms and got the biggest hug and kiss from Mickey. The little boy face lite up like you wound't beleive, his smile was from ear to ear. That's Mickey Magic and Disneyland Magic at it's best.

I am so glad you had this chance to make some little one happy and created a Disneyland Magic Moment for him and you. That's what I'm Talkin' about. :D

merlinjones
07-28-2003, 08:20 AM
I love Clarabelle!