PDA

View Full Version : Items to bring back for friends?

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Last year I brought back about 15 of the giant lollypops from DL for some of my friends. It was a little hard to pack but they all made it home to Canada safe. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on something else (inexpensive - less than $5) to bring back this time?

Thanks again,
John

MouseWife
07-27-2003, 02:49 PM
I like the magnets for the fridge {or where ever} as well as {sometimes you can find them for $4.95, I think} the magnet picture frames.

A nice Disney pen? Antenna topper? Figurine? Key chain?

CarlieB
07-27-2003, 02:53 PM
I like the suggestions Mousewife has made - you could also add a postcard of an attraction/area that you particularly like...:)

jerjer2005
07-27-2003, 02:57 PM
How about the key chains with the names on them

Not Afraid
07-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Antenna Topper.

I gave an Reindeer Mickey topper to my brother last year (as a joke, no less) and he STILL has it on top of his Monster He-Man Truck.:D (I told him I needed to get him a more current one)

disneyfreak168
07-27-2003, 04:21 PM
i like Mousewife's ideas with the figurines, antenna tops, etc.

also jerjer2005's idea with the keychains with their names on them..

those are good ideas:)

i recently got this mini snowglobe...with mickey and minnie inside the glass, daisy, goofy, donald, and pluto all bunched up together in the front below the glass and in the back, there's the sleeping beauty castle with Grizzly Peak behind it:) There are other mini snowglobes with like mickey and minnie's house....
I forgot the price about $12 each? unless you don't wanna spend a lot or whatever. I dunno

or paper holders? I dunno... OH OHOH!THOSE THOSE DISNEYLAND MEDALLIONS THINGS! ANYONE KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!? wait lemme find a pic...

disneyland '03 medallion (http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1420L.jpg)

or have the disneyland '03 medallion..as a keychain form! (http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1418L.jpg)

and they have a new autograph book according to laughingplace.com...
new autograph book (http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/0362L.jpg)

sorry that didn't really have anything to do with this topic..:( i just wanted to show the nice autograph book.

Trading Pins can work like saying Disneyland 2003? I don't know..:)

or a nice mini bean bag plush.

go to world of disney or emporium or something and you're bound to find something there for your friends but watch your money! $$$$$$$

$ Happy Souvenir Hunting! $

disneyfreak168
07-27-2003, 04:27 PM
mm yeah

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the ideas. Ill be sure to get some of those things for myself :D and maybe my friends :)

NirvanaMan
07-27-2003, 07:53 PM
There are some great little stuffed/beanie characters available that I believe are only avail at the parks. I have a pirate goofey for one, and I believe it was only about $7.

DisneyFan25863
07-27-2003, 07:56 PM
GOH badges (the price escapes me now, but I can't see them being more than 5 bucks ;))

dsnylndmom
07-27-2003, 09:29 PM
LOL I was just gonna suggest GOH badges or keychains, I think they're $5.99.

Also the Disney mints in the tin, they're strong good mints and shaped like the characters(I have to get these for me every time!) they're $3

Tigertail777
07-28-2003, 12:28 AM
well I couldn't find it whan I was there, but somewhere near pirates is a machine that gives you a pirates doubloon and you can get someone's name, or some small word etched on the back.

for around $8 my fave souvineers are the little diecast ride cars, which you can find in the Main St. emporium, or at world of Disney store.

Another cheapy: the newstand in the front of the park has either full park maps (those huge wall covering maps that are so cool), or they have souvineer books for around $7 I beleive. They also have a cool flashing button thing on a necklace string, there are like 4 differnt kinds... they are pretty cool and flash 4 differnet ways.. I bought a beleive fireworks one.. they cost about five bucks.

Morrigoon
07-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Those little ride cars rock!

I didn't know ANYTHING sold for $5 or less...

Hey, you could always buy the lollipop bouquets (the bunches of lollipops that are mickey shaped and taped together)

I think antenna balls are cool though. Especially the Pirates one, that one's still riding on my jeep.

Not Afraid
07-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Those little ride cars rock!

I didn't know ANYTHING sold for $5 or less...

Antenna balls are either $3.50 or $4.00 - pretty good deal. The ride vehicles are $6 and they DO rock!

MammaSilva
07-28-2003, 07:36 AM
One of the things I bring back that seems to be a big hit are the little clear plastic boxes filled with candies.. they are about 4 bucks and have the Disneyland logo on the top....I also found regular ink pens with the Disney logo on them in the emporium for less than 5 bucks....big waste of money.. any of the 'magic towels' Little ones are so dissapointed when they unwrap them and they are a washcloth..

Totally free ones.. go to City Hall and ask for Honary Citizen stickers....grab a few extra Disneyland todays...they make a nice 'addition' to any gift you might bring back.

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks again everyone. Ive heard a little of the "magic towels".... where are they sold at?

MammaSilva
07-28-2003, 09:46 AM
They have them at WoD and at the Emporium and several other locations.. usually in one of the round 'bin' type displays or in there at the counters.. but while they 'look' cute in their shrink wrap.. the quality is very low, they aren't as big as a normal washcloth.. and the word Towel gives little ones false expectations....

adriennek
07-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Napkins.

They're great- they have DLR logos on them. And they're very very cost-effective.

Adrienne