PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain is now slated to reopen in November of 2005!

Darkbeer
07-27-2003, 11:47 AM
Over at MouseInfo, Driftwood (who is a CM that has access to the internal TDA master scheduling computer) has just posted the latest update....

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?t=9468

Some things are no surprise, the "bookmark" dates for the Castle(2005) and SSL(2004) were once again pushed back another year (Interesting to note that the "opening" date on both rides matches the start of Disney's Fiscal year).

But Space Mountain is now slated to reopen November 5th, 2005. Talk about having an effect on the 50th anniversary.:eek:

And it is interesting to see them remove the Mark Twain from the refurb schedule, looks like the funding was cut for that....

dsnylndmom
07-27-2003, 01:32 PM
That bites big time~ :mad:

Pictures were great though. thanks for sharing! TTD looks awesome!

Tina

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Yeah, we'll be lucky to have it open by then, especially since they havent started work yet. And thanks Darkbeer for sharing your photos.

T-24 Days

JCLowesman
07-27-2003, 05:59 PM
I finally have it! The latest Tomorrowland attraction will be:

Drum Roll.................................

Wait for it...................................

HONEY, I SHRUNK THE PARK!

cemeinke
07-27-2003, 06:10 PM
I believe the real motive behind the Tomorrowland Closures is to create a larger backstage.

Soon I expect the "futuristic" gold blocks at the entrance of the land will all but surround the Astro Orbiter leaving but a narrow passage to Star Tours.

Disneyfreak
07-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Dont even try to guess when it will open. It will open when it opens, its as simple as that. I would rather they spend longer and make it better then to do a bad job and speed through it. But I think they will make the deadline because I have personally heard hammers banging in that place. There is lights on inside of the mountain. You can see it from the entrance by the busses on the roof where the stairs are at the top of the mountain.:)

Dont worry about it, im not. Disneyland is great without it but could use it. Tomorrowland will return in all its glorry just wait. In 2008 they are redoing the whole land again.:rolleyes: