PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite ride

DisneylandBoy
08-25-2001, 11:48 AM
Everyone has a favorite ride. But do you really know why you like it? Is it the AA figures, the thrill, the novelty, the feeling? What is your favorite ride and why do you like it?

My favorite is Splash Mountain. It really is three rides in one - water ride, dark ride with AA figures, and a thrill ride. I love the drop, the music and the smell it has (okay, I know it just it the chemicals in the water, but I still love it). Without Splash Mountain - I would be very upset.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-25-2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLvr
I love the drop, the music and the smell it has (okay, I know it just it the chemicals in the water, but I still love it)
Hey, don't knock the power of the smell of a ride! The dank smell of Pirates gets me every time. I'd have to say what everyone else will say - "I can't pick just one!" - but Pirates definitely ranks up there. It's so incredible to walk in out of a hot SoCal afternoon and into a dark bayou complete with lightning bugs. The amazing part is that you instantly accept it - it envelops you. When I was a kid, we'd exit the ride and I'd blink in the sunshine, confused for a moment that it wasn't dark outside. True mastery!

Morrigoon
08-25-2001, 10:19 PM
Isn't this kind of like asking to pick your favorite child?

Haunted Mansion

But let's not neglect the Matterhorn (chosen as much for being eye candy as being a good ride), Pirates (great AA's, storyline, music) and Space (high speed turbulent roller coaster ride in the dark)

Nigel2
08-25-2001, 11:08 PM
They are all great, but just going on haunted mansion makes me so happy. If I have a bad day, take a short drive and go to disneyland and go on it and I feel better.

totbellhop
08-26-2001, 01:38 PM
I like every ride, every one of them has something that I like. But of course I have favorites, here is a list of mu favorite atractions for each park:
1)Disneyland Resort:
a)Disneyland: Indiana Jones Adventure
b)Disney's California Adventure: Soarin' Over California
2)Walt Disney World Resort:
a)Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain
b)EPCOT: Test Track
c)Disney's MGM Studios: Twilight Zone Toer of Terror
d)Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur
3)Tokyo Disneyland:
a)Disneyland: Big Thunder Mountain
b)Tokyo DisneySea(haven't gone yet but by the looks of it): Storm Rider
4)Disneyland Paris:
a)Disneyland: Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon
b)Walt Disney Studios: Maybe Rock'n Roller Coaster
5)Hong Kong Disneyland:(hey it isn't even finished yet)
6)Show: I'm in desicion between Fantasmic! and Believe!
We'll that's all for all, see you next time, and be carefull riding the elevators please.:D

Napsto
08-26-2001, 03:27 PM
haunted mansion

MickeyD
08-26-2001, 03:32 PM
It's really hard for me to pick just one, but I'd have to say Space Mountain. No, wait, California Screamin'. No, Indy. No, Soarin. Oh, never mind, I'll never be able to narrow it down to one.

mad4mky
08-26-2001, 03:37 PM
Indy.

While at WDW: Tower of Terror ...great ride

PirateoftheCaribbean
08-27-2001, 11:36 AM
1. Splash Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Country Bear Playhouse
5. Matterhorn Bobsleds
6. Jungle Cruise
7. Indiana Jones Adventure
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Space Mountain
10. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
extra:
11. It's a Small World
12. Star Tours

Timhotep
08-27-2001, 01:28 PM
I have two: Haunted Mansion and Indy. I still have the album of the Haunted Mansion, from when I was a kid! It has Ron Howard and some girl hiding out there during a rainstorm. I listened to it over and over again before actually setting foot on the ride. As for Indy...I love the movies and always wanted to be a part of them! I'll be his able-bodied assistant in the next film!

Timhotep

tjrj
08-28-2001, 07:14 AM
I have two favorites: for the thrill and the presentation: Indy-the queue is just wonderful! We usually ride it at least twice. Once asap after it opens: hurrying thru the queue so as to be on it "first" and once a bit later so as to enjoy the presentation.

The second is an oldie but a goodie: Dumbo-this is a sentimental favorite. For the thrill I remember when riding it with my Mom and for the ear-to-ear grins on my kids faces when I took them on it for the first time.:)

Lacrosse Boy
08-28-2001, 01:34 PM
Believe it or not: Mr Toad. He reminds me of myself (although I'm not that bad) and the ride has such spirit. However, I would like to see AA figures instead of painted flats. How cheap it is to see weasels hanging on non 3D chandeliers!

crusher_appa
08-28-2001, 02:56 PM
My fav ride of all disney time would have to be World Of Motion (Loved how it started on the outside of the building) followed closely by the old version of journey into your Imagination (I think getting rid of the paper carusel scene Was the biggest mistake that disney has made so far in my mind, among alot of others they've made). My Fav current ride is a four way tie between Tower Of Terror, Test Track, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain.

On a side note is it just me or did they slow down those guys that pop up from behind the gravestones on Haunted Mansion? When I was smaller I had to close my eyes at that part, now it seems like they are much slower.