PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to Innoventions, hello to new E-ticket

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cdcooper
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Well, it appears that Al Lutz has confirmed that Innoventions will be demolished to make room for a new e-ticket attraction. Personally, Innoventions is my second least-liked attraction at Disneyland (followed by Captain EO), so this makes me very happy and very excited. I think Tomorrowland has lost appeal, to my group of friends anyways, and this could be great.

How do you feel? Return of the people mover?

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al073112a.htm

iceman559
08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, it appears that Al Lutz has confirmed that Innoventions will be demolished to make room for a new e-ticket attraction. Personally, Innoventions is my second least-liked attraction at Disneyland (followed by Captain EO), so this makes me very happy and very excited. I think Tomorrowland has lost appeal, to my group of friends anyways, and this could be great.

How do you feel? Return of the people mover?

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al073112a.htm

Reading through the article, the only mention I see says it will be gutted, not demolished. That leads me to believe that they will still use the building that exists, just completely rebuild the inside.

Andrew
08-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Confirmed by who, please?

If it doesn't come from a Disney spokesperson it's Yet Another Rumor.

cstephens
08-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I heard recently that they're actually not able to demolish the building or even change the outside, except for cosmetically, but they can only change the inside. And I can confirm that I did indeed hear that.

currence
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I heard recently that they're actually not able to demolish the building or even change the outside, except for cosmetically, but they can only change the inside. And I can confirm that I did indeed hear that.

That restriction may make it difficult for them to add the loop.

cdcooper
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, Al said that the first major project for new tomorrowland will gut Innoventions...Maybe they won't get rid of it (but in my eyes they should).

Anyways, I want to hear what you guys think about this, assuming it's true.

bennette
08-03-2012, 03:58 PM

I'd really enjoy a loop.

cstephens
08-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Carousels are always popular, so I think they should make an indoor carousel ride using the lightcycles from TRON. They could have it dark inside, and the lightcycles would be light-up neon, and they could play the music of Daft Punk. That would be cool.

adriennek
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Carousels are always popular, so I think they should make an indoor carousel ride using the lightcycles from TRON. They could have it dark inside, and the lightcycles would be light-up neon, and they could play the music of Daft Punk. That would be cool.

I'm gonna derez you. Totally.

letshavefun
08-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm gonna derez you. Totally.

I'm not sure what that means but if it's no thanks I will agree.

Andrew
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Carousels are always popular

I agree. I think they should have guests dressed in flowy robes stand on a rotating platform around a central pylon that raises them up into the air, where they'll ascend to the next phase of existence.

dlandnut
08-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I hope they can somehow tie this into the People Mover tracks and bring this back. Anything but Innoventions. That was awful and it is time for a change!

John
08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I agree. I think they should have guests dressed in flowy robes stand on a rotating platform around a central pylon that raises them up into the air, where they'll ascend to the next phase of existence.
The Sandman awakes. Tomorrow I watch Logan's Run!

olegc
08-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Renew!

Seriously - to answer the OP - I feel fine. Oh, sorry, you wanted to know my OPINION on what's going on. Well - don't have one because until we see announced plans it's just one man's opinion - IMHO. When something gets closer to being an announcement, with maybe some artwork or a description, then you can ask me. Until then -it's an interesting story but that's about it.

Bytebear
08-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Please, oh please, restore the people mover track!

zombie pirate
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Dont Quote me on this but I heard it from a good source that they are replacing Innoventions with a Justin Bieber ride. I wonder if they hand out ear plugs?

bumblebeeonarose
08-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Dont Quote me on this but I heard it from a good source that they are replacing Innoventions with a Justin Bieber ride. I wonder if they hand out ear plugs?

I heard that too. It's going to be just like the Aerosmith ride at WDW, only themed to Bieber. Which explains the loop.

Andrew
08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I heard that too. It's going to be just like the Aerosmith ride at WDW, only themed to Bieber. Which explains the loop.
Instead of a photo purchase at the exit, all guests will be encouraged to make their own "Call Me Maybe" lip-sync video.

Cory Gross
08-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Not much to hjave an opinion about... I'm glad they're getting rid of Innoventions, but it all hinges on what will replace it. I would love to see a permanent elecTronica-type attraction with VR lightcycle racing and disk wars, as well as Flynn's Arcade, DJs and so on. But I'm open to anything halfways decent and not just another Pixar thing.

danyoung
08-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I just wanna say that any thread that features multiple Logan's Run references is OK with me!

"Identify!!!"

Rapunzelthorn
08-06-2012, 03:08 AM
I mentioned this to my husband and he suggested putting Alien Encounter in there (like they used to have over at Disney World). I thought that would be a good use for the space.

I remember seeing Logan's Run at the drive-in back in the 70's! My older siblings were covering my eyes during the Love Shop (?) scene. For years I thought maybe they had taken me to an adult movie! I finally realized that they hadn't once I'd seen it again as an adult. I love that movie! :p

danyoung
08-06-2012, 07:51 AM
OT (or is Logan's Run the topic?). A lot of the movie was shot in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. I did a job in the Dallas Apparel Mart, in a room called The Great Hall. I kept looking around, thinking that it looked really familiar, till someone told me that it was used in Logan's Run ("Last Day - Be strong, and you will be renewed"). Of course, the scene where Logan and Jessica go back into the city, leaving the Old Man outside, was shot at the Ft. Worth Water Gardens, which I've visited many times. Very very cool!

Sorry, back On Topic now . . .

Drince88
08-06-2012, 08:06 AM
No way they'd put Alien Encounter in -- 1, they just reimagined that attraction (and the equivalent from DL is no more-- Mission to Moon/Mars I think was the name), and 2 they reimagined it again into Stitch because it was 'too scary' for a Disney park. (And they created a ride that has an even smaller demographic, because I have yet to hear/meet an adult who likes Stitch, even those that liked Alien Encounter.)

goalieump413
08-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Well, if they do something, whatever they end up doing, it better be worth it. Tomorrowland is currently "this is what we thought tomorrow would be-land" right now.

Personally, I don't want a Tron attraction, banking on the success of a movie. Tron might be fine, but it's not a big enough story to warrant a permanent home. I know people want interactive rides, and VR is getting better.

But I'm happy to hear they're looking into a change. It's about time.

candles71
08-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Having never seen the Stitch show, I love stitch. Being 11 when Tron originally came out, I hate Tron. Sorry.
I have no idea what to put there.
OT: Love Logan's Run. ;)