PDA

View Full Version : Working at Disneyland

Thriller
07-26-2003, 01:34 AM
Hello!

I’m new here, so let me first introduce myself: I’m a coaster and park fanatic from the Netherlands ( yep, that’s Europe ;) ). I am also a big fan of Disney’s themeparks. Obviously, I fell in love with Disney in Disneyland Paris. I just came back from Orlando and from my first visit to Walt Disney World, which was, needless to say, amazing!

But now I’ve got a bit of a problem. It’s time to move on now, and I’d love to visit Disneyland Anaheim sometime, preferable at the park’s 50th anniversary, as that seemed a perfect time for a visit. However, me = 18-year-old student, so I don’t have a fulltime job to pay for it. I had a little idea to go working at Disneyland during that summer in 2005, and go sightseeing and all on free days. This idea has a lot of problems attached to it, so if you don’t mind, I’ve got a couple of questions:

1 Does Disneyland hire foreigners?
2 Does Disneyland hire 18, or I mean, 20 year olds? ( I’ll be 20 in 2005 ;) )
3 What is the least amount of time one has to work at Disney? I mean, I can only be there for a couple of weeks, one or two months, in the summer.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers!

swtkissez
07-26-2003, 02:46 AM
ok, i'll try my best to answer your questions..

1. yes Disney does hire foreingers (i believe). it especially helps if u speak another language.

2. the minimum hiring age is 17, so u being 20 is no problem at all.

3. your best bet would be to apply in april/may for ct status and work the summer until the end of the season in august and quit. ct status means only work peak periods, summer, christmas, etc...

hope this helps!!

:)

Morrigoon
07-26-2003, 02:49 AM
Whoa, umm... let's see, where to begin?

First of all, you have to have permission to work in the US, and I have no clue what difficulties are involved in that. It's probably easier to work in Florida, because they purposely hire international ppl as part of their college program and to fill Epcot. DL does have a college program, but it's likely too long for you. You could hire in as a CT, but don't let them know how short your stay is. The other thing is that there's a 3-month probation period, so if you quit before that time is up... well, I'm not sure how that affects future rehire status.

The two biggest things you need to be concerned about though, are schedule and money. Disney wants full availibility. They could work you 5 days a week, but they might not. And you won't know till you start working. So if making money is an issue, then DL is not the right place for you (the only CMs who aren't dirt poor or worse are the ones still living at home). And if being free to run around SoCal is an issue, again you run into trouble. I don't want to discourage you from doing it if it's your dream to do so, but understand that working at Disneyland should be your main goal if you do. If your main goal is to make enough money to live on or touring, then I really don't recommend working at DL.

Thriller
07-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the info! Money is indeed an object, so I guess I'm going to look for something else then.

Thanks again!:)

Niwel
07-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Morrigoon is correct. You will have a better chance at WDW than at Disneyland (there is no College Program at Disneyland anymore, however, and WDW's program no longer exists in the summer.) And everyone is right about the money -- don't exepct to make very much at entry-level, casual temporary, regardless of where you work.

To learn more about what to expect from working at the park, check out Cast Place (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/)

For more info on what you need to do to be hired at Disneyland/Disney World, visit Disney Careers (http://disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/)

Good luck!