PDA

View Full Version : Which Hotel?

daycaremommy
07-25-2003, 08:19 PM
I know many of you are fans of the Howard Johnson....how CLOSE is it to Disneyland? I have a 1 and 4 yr. old, w/stroller. Will we need to pay for the shuttle? We stayed at the BW Raffles Inn and Suites last year. It seemed a bit far away, but the price was good! How are the HOJO SUITES? I need the space for my kids!

Any other good suggestions? The Portofino looks nice, but it's a bit pricey for us...$130/night We are staying 5 nights!

I really want/need a suite! Thanks for the ideas! Karen

disneygeek87
07-25-2003, 08:22 PM
The HOJO is a great hotel. The standard rooms have a lot of room but I'm not sure about the suites. If you stay there, I don't think that you'd need to pay for the shuttle. It is about a 8-10 minute walk to the parks for us. Sorry, I don't know any other good hotels with suites!

GeminiAngel
07-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites or Best Western Park Place INN.
both are right across the street from the main gate.;)

daycaremommy
07-25-2003, 08:29 PM
I had originally intended to stay at the park Place Inn, but then I read some terrible reviews about the staff, and it looked like the suite was only separated by a 1/2 wall....My 1 yr. old is an EXTREMELY light sleeper and so I need a seperate room for him to nap in....all the other DL guests will appreciate that! ;)

Anyone have details on the park place inn? or others? thanks

Darkbeer
07-25-2003, 08:33 PM
First off, to address the shuttle system, almost every hotel makes you pay, it is $3 for adults, free for kids (per day), but you can get a discount for buying a multiple day pass.

The HoJo is a bit shorter of a walk than the Paradise Pier Hotel, so it is walkable, but many folks prefer the shuttle....

As for the HoJo, I just stayed there last week, and was impressed!

Write the Director of Marketing about your questions and concerns, his e-mail is...(let him know that Darkbeer reffered you)

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

And here are a few photos...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4088391&a=30784556&f=0

daycaremommy
07-25-2003, 09:01 PM
darkbeer-the pictures were great! Thanks. I sent an e-mail to the address you gave. Hopefully, I will get a response soon, as I want to get my reservations taken care of!

Does the HOJO have a continental breakfast?

Are all the pools open? How's the wading pool?

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
07-26-2003, 08:19 AM
We stayed in a standard room at HOJOs on our first trip to DL with our then 2.5 yo and 8mo. It was VERY spacious -- plenty of room to set up the Pack-n-Play AND park our huge stroller. However, the walk was a bit much for us (well, for ME, since I was 6 months pregnant at the time). We had a heavy double stroller with us, packed to the hilt thanks to dh, so taking the bus seemed like more hassle than it was worth. Your kids are a bit older, and depending on the stowability of your stroller, the bus might be a good option for you.

As far as I know, there's no continental breakfast at HOJOs. There's a Mimi's Cafe right next door, though, which has good food at reasonable prices. If you're getting a suite, I think those come with both **** and microwave -- meaning you could always bring stuff from home to munch on in the morning.

Not sure about the pool situation. Their main pool just underwent renovations and was supposed to be done sometime in July. I'm not sure if it made deadline or not. If not, they still have another pool on the grounds located outside building #2. It looked fine to me, but I'm not really picky about pools.

HTH!!

Dlandmom
07-26-2003, 09:20 AM
I saw it a couple of days ago while riding by on the Monorail, and the pool still wasn't finished yet (it was still grey, as if they had just blasted the inside)...though of course there's still one more week in July!

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
07-26-2003, 10:15 AM
That's supposed to say REFRIGERATOR and microwave. I guess my abbreviation caused a bad word? Sorry!