PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade vs. Parade of Stars

disneyfreak168
07-25-2003, 05:21 PM
which one do you guys like better? electrical for me...IMO i think they should bring the Electrical parade back to DL and put the parade of stars in DCA instead. and it'll be known as
MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE instead of Disney's Electrical Parade...I miss watching it at night at DL every time I go to DLR.:(

MonorailMan
07-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Comparing MSEP to POS, is like comparing a rotten apple to a fresh one.

One you enjoy much better, and doesn't make you sick. ;)

Not Afraid
07-25-2003, 05:40 PM
I know, I am a sick woman, but I really like POTS. But, personally, they both bore me now.

mrfantasmic
07-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Well, let's see, you have 20 minutes of about 20 lighted, whymsical floats meandering down the street, or 20 minutes of 5 floats filled with princesses.
No comparison, The Electrical Parade

disneyfreak168
07-25-2003, 05:53 PM
THEY HAVE TO BRING BACK EP AND KILL OFF POTS!!!!!!waaaaaa

zapppop
07-25-2003, 08:27 PM
You need a thread to know what we think ?

wonderful
07-27-2003, 01:35 AM
I honestly thought this was a "joke thread" (is it?)

The Electrical Parade, my friend, hands down!

Here's my take on the POTS:

For about 22 minutes, twice a day, Guests get the fact that their hard earned money that they have poured into tickets to the park has not touched said park; Guests, who have the audacity to be "return visitors" are treated to the same thing they saw one year... no, two years...no, wait, THREE years ago! [I have heard Guests shout "Oh my God, it's the same lame parade we saw last time..."]...

Now, that's not saying a parade can't have "staying power"-- DEP has been around, off and on, and in various forms, since 1972 (and, to be honest, it is not MY favorite parade, but Guests love it). The holiday parade has also stayed pretty much the same since the early 90s...

Let's hope a new parade happens soon... maybe the "50th Celebration" can start a little early!

hbquikcomjamesl
07-28-2003, 08:47 AM
For my own part, I actually rather like POTS. It's not the MSEP by a long shot, but then neither were Flights of Fantasy, nor Party Gras, nor Light Magic, nor the Mulan, Hercules, or Lion King parades. Even "America on Parade" didn't really measure up. For that matter, with the whole "Edwardian Carolers" unit pulled out, "Christmas Fantasy" is pretty weak; that unit was the real soul of that whole parade.

I like the "guest participation" concept in POTS (and in its WDW-MK counterpart, though it's implemented differently there).

DisneyFan25863
07-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
nor Light Magic,

Watch your language! I don't want you saying the "LM" word again around here! :fez: