PDA

View Full Version : Dancin' with Disney - loved it!

Teddi
07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
In all the hubbub with Carsland, I totally missed this new event/attraction! We stumbled on it by accident when in HolloywoodLand. We didn't even have the kids with us, but the fact that it was hot outside and cooler inside and out of the sun, we went in. I wish I had been able to take my kids. It wasn't super crowded but the kids were sure having fun.

Not sure the extra dancer CMs were really an added bonus but I am lovin' this thing and hope it sticks around and becomes a permanent attraction. I love the fact it was loaded with characters and that the interaction was more spontaneous and relaxed and not just sign-my-autograph-book, or take-a-picture or a big long line, but much more relaxed and fun for the kids.

Also, did I mention it's free, no line, it's inside, and has AC? This could be much more of a treat and more enjoyable for the younger set than the Disney Jr show....

We saw: Cruella De Vil, The Big Bad Wolf, Timon, King Louie, Baloo, Timon, Schmee, Captain Hook, and The White Rabbit. As the CMs explained, every hour they swap the characters out.

TTFN92
07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
I read about this. That's a great list of characters that you don't see very often around the park.

AVP
07-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I wrote about it a few weeks ago (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10035/Disney_California_Adventure__Entertainment_Capital _of_Anaheim), and posted a short video to YouTube. I think it's one of the best new offerings in DCA.

yP03nPTlMj8

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-28-2012, 02:52 PM
I will have to remember this when I take dd next spring.

mmclubhouse mommy
07-31-2012, 02:55 PM
That look so fun, I will have to take my kids to check it out when we go!

kellykelly14
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Where is this located in the hollywood area of Disneyland? I have never seen it and would love to take my kids.

Drince88
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Where is this located in the hollywood area of Disneyland? I have never seen it and would love to take my kids.

Per the article that AVP linked to, it's in Stage 17 - the old Who Wants to be a Millionaire building. Between Muppets and Monsters, Inc.

bennette
08-19-2012, 10:03 AM
We went yesterday and enjoyed ourselves. You all missed my awesome chicken dance; it will be another twenty years before I roll that one out!

We had the ladies of Disney: Clarice the Chipmunk, Clarabelle Cow, Clara Cluck (Disney wasn't real original with female names back in the day, I guess), Lilo, Daisy, the ugly stepsisters, and Clarity Cricket.* The stepsisters were probably the most fun.

Due to the heat, there were quite a few childless adults zonked out in the large plastic "throne" chairs in the back of the room.

*Obviously I just made that one up.

Malcon10t
08-19-2012, 07:40 PM
I was going "I don't remember a Cricket??" And you did GREAT with the Chicken Dance... Electric Slide we will work on next time...

bennette
08-19-2012, 08:31 PM
And you did GREAT with the Chicken Dance... Electric Slide we will work on next time...

Oh, I'm practing my slide RIGHT NOW. Can't believe they didn't teach that one at Arthur Murray.