PDA

View Full Version : What is with all the beefed up security inside the park lately??

Pages : [1] 2

AlbertaMinnie
07-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Does anyone have any idea why there have been so many police and dogs inside the park over the last week?

My friend has been visiting and twice already she has come across an area roped off due to once, an unattended bag and the second time someone tried hiding their cooler in the bushes instead of paying for a locker....cmon people!!!

But last night there were more officers and dogs just walking around the park. Any ideas anyone?

olegc
07-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Last night there was a huge protest with some windows smashed, rocks and bottles thrown, etc., at Anaheim City Hall due to some police-involved shootings over the weekend. My thought would be that they stepped up security as a tactical alert just in case anything spread. That and the Colorado shooting (though tied to the movies) is enough to make any security detail responsible for protecting large crowded public areas step up their game.

carolinakid
07-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I also thought it was probably due to the Mexican riots in Anaheim. That even made the news here on the east coast.

SnyderD
07-25-2012, 08:40 AM
I would have guessed that the Colorado shooting would have spiked security.

bumblebeeonarose
07-25-2012, 08:51 AM
We went to the drive in last night, and they were checking cars. They said they were just making sure people were coming to have a good time, and not something else. They might have been looking for alcohol, but the shootings crossed my mind. I'm glad the security is making a show in the parks. It provides a sense of security to guests, and makes minor trouble makers think twice.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
We went to the drive in last night, and they were checking cars. They said they were just making sure people were coming to have a good time, and not something else. They might have been looking for alcohol, but the shootings crossed my mind. I'm glad the security is making a show in the parks. It provides a sense of security to guests, and makes minor trouble makers think twice.

I agree with this. While I know there is TONS of undercover security in the parks, witnessed them come from everywhere as a fight broke out just as you enter the building in line for Splash Mountain, but I also think more OBVIOUS security might make people think twice before doing anything stupid. If you see a guy with a gun, you are less likely to do something wrong, imho.

Goodnplenty
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I've seen the Anahiem riots in the news here. Is that area close to DL?

Promo-Man
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
I've seen the Anahiem riots in the news here. Is that area close to DL?

It is about 12 blocks north and 2 blocks east of Disneyland
Most of the individuals rioting are from out of the area

Shortpix77
07-25-2012, 02:46 PM
If you see a guy with a gun, you are less likely to do something wrong, imho.

I think security guards with visible guns would ruin my Disney magic a bit... I like that they have incognito security.

leota's necklace
07-25-2012, 07:44 PM
*cough* "Mexican" riots? Seriously?

candles71
07-25-2012, 07:58 PM
*cough* "Mexican" riots? Seriously?I was looking past this, myself.

bennette
07-25-2012, 10:27 PM
*cough* "mexican" riots? Seriously?

thank you.

PlayGirlBunny
07-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I was there last Thursday, Friday , Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I notice they beef up Security after the Colorado shootings they even had Cops by the AMC Movies.The riots just made the alert level higher also at DCA some girl got wasted at the Tparty and had to be taken out of the park they ended up stopping Alcohol sales at 10 but loads of security there as well now.

newhdplayer
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Hispanic

ScottC4746
07-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Does anyone have any idea why there have been so many police and dogs inside the park over the last week?

My friend has been visiting and twice already she has come across an area roped off due to once, an unattended bag and the second time someone tried hiding their cooler in the bushes instead of paying for a locker....cmon people!!!

But last night there were more officers and dogs just walking around the park. Any ideas anyone?

I just saw on Ch. 5 news there is a planned protest at Disneyland tonight from the shooting early this week of I think it was three hispanics in Anaheim.

Malcon10t
07-28-2012, 07:36 AM

I was looking past this, myself.

thank you.If you look at the list of names of those arrested, most were not Hispanic last names. I hate when the media plays this this way.

I feel for the family of the man shot, but these riots are ridiculous.

3Princesses1Prince
07-28-2012, 10:18 AM
And his mom agrees with you Mal. This isnt his family protesting.

Drince88
07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
And his mom agrees with you Mal. This isnt his family protesting.

The family that lost their son on Saturday and had filed suit on Tuesday?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I think security guards with visible guns would ruin my Disney magic a bit... I like that they have incognito security.

Agree to a point. Keeping in mind that here are people that don't realize there are undercover security there.

DisneyFunFamily4
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I just saw on Ch. 5 news there is a planned protest at Disneyland tonight from the shooting early this week of I think it was three hispanics in Anaheim.

Ok, if I had know this I would have stayed on site tonight! Oh well!

We just got back to the candy cane inn. There are lots of Anaheim PD and DL suites in the shuttle area. We saw a handful of protesters out front on harbor and probably 15 Anaheim PD on horse back on harbor! I guess we'll be taking the shuttle back to the park tonight instead of walking!!

3Princesses1Prince
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
The family that lost their son on Saturday and had filed suit on Tuesday?

I'm not saying they aren't suing. Just that they aren't (at least his mom) isn't a part of the protests and rioting going on. She has publicly spoken against it.

Drince88
07-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Right -I just wanted to make sure it was the same person.

magicalmoments
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I also thought it was probably due to the Mexican riots in Anaheim. That even made the news here on the east coast.

They aren't exactly riots and they aren't just Mexicans.

magicalmoments
08-01-2012, 01:42 PM

:rolleyes:right?
I hate to call this a riot because if you compare this to the Watts riots in the 60s, it's nothing. It's more of a protest with some unruly people.
Secondly, it's a variety of people, not just Mexicans.

TIMBO
08-06-2012, 09:02 AM
"Can't We All Just Get Along...?" I noticed security higher the morning after the Colorado shooting...I was even asked to lift my shirt where my cell phones sits on my Hip. As far as
'protestors" near DL...Anaheim PD had them just where they needed to be and I for one would've never been worried about it becoming a problem. This kid wasn't killed on DL property,nor was he an employee,nor was it by ANY memeber of DL staff.....Why you would bring your protest to DL, a place where the majority are "Otta Towners' is beyond me.....Do you really think that bus load of non-english speaking tourist are going to take up your cause????

I for one will never let these opproutunist(sp) spoil my time at "The Happiest Place On Earth"