PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade Coming Back?

Pages : [1] 2

SeanMouse
07-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I had a source tell me that DLR was considering bringing the electrical parade back. I was told the primary motivation was the drain carsland is having on dlr. Has anyone else heard this rumor? I ask because I would love to see it again and my kids have not seen it.

3Princesses1Prince
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
I did hear that SpectroMagic may return to the MK in WDW so that would leave the Electrical Parade needing a new home. I'm not sure where they'd fit it in on the nighttime entertainment schedule though.

candles71
07-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I was giving them another month then going to pick it up myself. :p The reason they stated sending it, was to get it out of the way for construction, and no parade corridor from construction. News flash, construction is done. ;)

Drince88
07-18-2012, 12:13 PM
And they can't send SpectroMagic to DLR because I don't think Chernabog will fit even on the DCA route (I know it's too big for the DL route)

Andrew
07-18-2012, 12:21 PM
And they can't send SpectroMagic to DLR because I don't think Chernabog will fit even on the DCA route (I know it's too big for the DL route)

Also I think demon clowns violate California's Prop 65 regulations.

http://albums.mouseplanet.com/WDWMKMainStreetProcessed/OldNew_Spectromen_sowa.jpg

candles71
07-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh, dear. If they don't violate prop 65, we might have to make something up.

3Princesses1Prince
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
What's up with Florida and their demon clowns?

Drince88
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I like the faces on the old ones SOOOO much more. The new ones reminded me too much of the guards in the Wizard of Oz! But their costumes are cooler.

newhdplayer
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
They can't bring back the Electrical Parade, because I bought some of the lightbulbs from the floats when they retired it.

JunJunM3
07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
I've read about Electrical Parade coming back to DLR from time to time on Disney sites. I can only imagine the logistic issues that will come with it though. If it comes back to DL as is widely rumored, Main St. will be bursting at the seams especially with DL fireworks (RDCT/Magical/Believe) being so Hub-Centric now.

spectromen
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I like the faces on the old ones SOOOO much more. The new ones reminded me too much of the guards in the Wizard of Oz! But their costumes are cooler.

I SO AGREE it's not even funny. Besides, how cruel was it to put those CMs in full greasepaint makeup on hot, humid, muggy nights instead of just a mask they can take off after 25 minutes.

Blacksheep Uncle
07-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I've read about Electrical Parade coming back to DLR from time to time on Disney sites. I can only imagine the logistic issues that will come with it though. If it comes back to DL as is widely rumored, Main St. will be bursting at the seams especially with DL fireworks (RDCT/Magical/Believe) being so Hub-Centric now.

maybe they are going to back off some on the fireworks? I know the AQMD and city are always after Disneyland about the "pollution" and noise???

3Princesses1Prince
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
maybe they are going to back off some on the fireworks? I know the AQMD and city are always after Disneyland about the "pollution" and noise???

They won't stop doing fireworks. But I guess they could do the parade before the fireworks like in WDW.

THpoohbear
07-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd love for the MSEP to come back to Main Street!

Wouldn't it be pretty impossible for them to run a night parade in DCA? World of Color would prohibit it, I think. Unless it was in the winter and they did a parade at 6. But of course in the summer that wouldn't work.

Goodnplenty
07-19-2012, 05:15 AM
I'd like to thank my DL friends for letting us (MK) enjoy the Electrical Light Parade. It's a very special parade and everyone is loving it over here. I know at some point it will be returning home. But I wanted to let all of you know that it is well loved here and it's very nice of you to share.

And about those weird clowns?? Yep, that's a little scary. But I would greatly prefer makeup to a mask. At least with makeup I can breathe some air and wipe the sweat from my brow if necessary. You can't do that in the masks. And let me tell you, if you EVER get a little bug inside that mask! Nothing you can do but introduce yourself and hope he has some interesting stories to tell for the next 25 minutes. :)

GnP

mkraemer
07-19-2012, 05:46 AM
EVERY time I have been to WDW since they usurped our parade, I put in a comment at Guest Services that we'd like it back, thankyouverymuch! So, perhaps persistence will pay off in the near future?

Hmmm...perhaps I should begin putting in comments at DL to have the glass elephant returned to the ice cream parlor on Main St. too....

Sleeping Beauty's mom
07-19-2012, 02:06 PM
They can't bring back the Electrical Parade, because I bought some of the lightbulbs from the floats when they retired it.

So did I, so there will be a few lights missing :). I would love to see the parade come back but only to Disneyland !! Not DCA, I didn't enjoy it as much there.
Although, DCA definitely has the space for it, although it would interfere with World of Color, good, another reason for it to go to D'land!!

candles71
07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I'd like to thank my DL friends for letting us (MK) enjoy the Electrical Light Parade.

GnP

You're welcome, now give it back! ;)

lovechows
07-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Second to candles' comment. I'd like it back, too. It's been at WDW long enough. Time to share it with us. Besides, you're going to have "Be Our Guest" restaurant and all of the new Fantasyland attractions. It's time to share our MSEP with us. Maybe you can come visit us here?

DisneyLynn
07-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I just got back from WDW (first trip in over 40 years) and the parade was awesome, it was one of the few things on both me and my 10 year old DD's list of must do's! She totally remembered it from DCA when she was about 5 or 6. The parade is slightly different, it is missing the Lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Tink leads the parade rather than the Fairy Godmother from Pinocchio. Time to bring it back to DLR.

disneyland addict13
07-19-2012, 07:58 PM
My biggest fear is that they'll remove Elliott (from Pete's Dragon) from the parade. He's my favorite part of the parade, but I can see Disney replacing him because that movie isn't as well known to today's younger generation (although I'm only 20 and I grew up watching Pete's Dragon).

DisneyLynn
07-19-2012, 08:01 PM
My biggest fear is that they'll remove Elliott (from Pete's Dragon) from the parade. He's my favorite part of the parade, but I can see Disney replacing him because that movie isn't as well known to today's younger generation (although I'm only 20 and I grew up watching Pete's Dragon).

Elliott was still there last week!

3Princesses1Prince
07-19-2012, 09:35 PM

One of my kids' favorite movies. My youngest DD sings along with Elliot's parts. Lol

THpoohbear
07-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd like to thank my DL friends for letting us (MK) enjoy the Electrical Light Parade. It's a very special parade and everyone is loving it over here. I know at some point it will be returning home. But I wanted to let all of you know that it is well loved here and it's very nice of you to share.

Awww... your post actually gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I'm so glad you enjoy the parade. I seems I've read many posts of people at WDW who hate the EP and want their Spectro Magic back. I'm glad there are some who appreciate it!

You're welcome, now give it back! ;)

I actually laughed out loud! ;)

stan4d_steph
07-20-2012, 05:22 AM
I did hear that SpectroMagic may return to the MK in WDW so that would leave the Electrical Parade needing a new home. I'm not sure where they'd fit it in on the nighttime entertainment schedule though.Considering they already published a guide book this year listing SpectroMagic in the Magic Kingdom, I think that's a safe bet that Spectro will be bumping MSEP. Whether is comes back to DLR is another story.