PDA

View Full Version : October Park Hours

poohlover
07-24-2003, 06:43 PM
My family will be at Disneyland Oct 6-11 (Tues-Sat). The website doesn't have their calendar out that far. I'm wondering if anybody knows the hours for the park during that time period?

Thanks!

canadisfan
07-24-2003, 07:08 PM
We will be there at the same time! I am anxiously awaiting the schedule to come out. We are traveling from Canada and we need to plan every single minute to make the most of it.

I have searched high and low and even emailed the park. The latest possible schedule is for sept 27 weekend, and even that isnt accurate. It has DCA closing at 8pm and the electric light parade at 8pm.

heres what im betting on
DL 9 to 10 weekend, 10 to 8 weekday
DCA 10 to 8 weekend, 10 to 6 weekday

i did notice the DL webpage calendar has had an error message all day, perhaps they are updating!

Enjoy your visit.

Darkbeer
07-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Actually, in the off season, before Daylight Savings time ends, DCA hours are 10 to 8, with an 8 PM Electrical Parade. Basically the rides and attractions close at 8 PM, and then after the parade, you are asked to immediately leave the park.

canadisfan
07-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Darkbeer, do you know if Fantasmic runs in October?

We are taking advantage of the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday, which is the second weekend in October. We are quickly finding out about off season.

However we experienced the Christmas crowd last year, and we will take the off season over the crazy season anytime!

Thanks for your input!

MonorailMan
07-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by canadisfan
Darkbeer, do you know if Fantasmic runs in October?

Current plans state that Fantasmic! will run untill Labor Day (September 1st). :(

canadisfan
07-25-2003, 08:54 PM
I had read that on another thread. Do you think DL.com is wrong in showing Fantasmic for Sept 26-27 (friday-saturday)? Is it possible they put it on for weekends only?

The reason i pick sept 26 27 is because its the last weekend on the calendar to be updated.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for the 10 - 11 of october.

Darkbeer
07-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Oh my, the infamous Disneyland.com thread....(the web site known to be wrong!)

OK, what we KNOW... the Mark Twain is going into dry dock starting September 2nd.

We also know that the entertainment budget is get slashed, with both Mickey's Detective School and Goofy's Beach Bash being canceled this week. Also they will be offering less showings of Aladdin and Playhouse Disney....

Also, Believe costs less than half the expense of Fantasmic!

Also, every Entertainment CM I know has said that there is no schedule for Fantasmic! after Labor Day.

Also, as stated by Disney, everything is always subject to change!

Could Fantasmic! be offered after Labor Day? My educated guess, less than 10%!

tlovesdis
07-26-2003, 06:36 AM
We were there in October 2 years ago. Disneyland was open on Saturday until Midnight, Sunday until 10 and during the week until 8. DCA was open until 10 on Saturday, 9 on Sunday, and closed at 6 during the week.

Fantasmic was not showing, even on the weekend.

Tina
Antioch, CA
T-62 days!!!

Darkbeer
07-26-2003, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't count on those hours, heck, DCA is closing at 9 PM in the middle of summer!

My guess DCA, 10 to 6 Mon-THur, 10 to 8 Fri and Sat, 10 to 7 Sunday

Disneyland, 10 to 8 Mon-Thur, 9 to 10 Fri and Sat, 9 to 9 Sunday

Believe! and the Electrical Parade on Friday and Saturday nights

Tiki Junki
07-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the good guess Darkbeer. We will be visiting Oct 9-13, Staying at Paradise Pier and have also been anxiously watching the calendar so we can plan. I was worried Believe would not take place since it does not appear on the September Calendar.

Two quick questions. We arrive on Thursday Oct 9, around 4. I doubt I will be able to keep my little guy out of the park. What would you suggest as a good spot to go, eat ride a couple rides and feel like we dipped our toes in? I was hoping for a parade or fireworks on Thursday, but looks doubtful.

(This is our umpteeth time to Dland as adults, third time with our 4 year old son, first with our baby girl. However, we have always entered the park first thing in the morning and used the early morning advantage).

Second is tips for the DCS Aladdin show. I read somewhere it is very good, but need to plan in advance to get tickets. Any tips will be appreciate.

mom_rules
08-04-2003, 09:05 AM
We'll be there from Sep 29 to Oct 7-I haven't been able to get on the DL.com site for weeks. Is there anywhere I can get a schedule/calendar to come up?

lilbitopxedust
08-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Tiki Junki
Second is tips for the DCA Aladdin show. I read somewhere it is very good, but need to plan in advance to get tickets. Any tips will be appreciate.

The FastPass (ie, ticket) distribution is no longer in place for Aladdin and hasn't been since late June. It's been standby only since then.

Your best bet is to pick a show time, then show up at least 1.5 hours early for the show you want to see. I'd probably make time for either the first show or the last show, and go from there (scheduling your time around one of the middle shows can be a pain).

Unfortunately, I don't know if the Aladdin show times will have changed by then or not, so stay tuned for details.

TDBearGrrl
08-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Went to Aladdin two weeks ago - Saturday, caught the 4 something show. We got in line about half an hour before the show and were in front of the forced perspective alley and got great seats.

DD

Darkbeer
08-04-2003, 01:33 PM
With the current summer crowds, getting there even 15 minutes early gets you a good seat!

mom_rules
08-05-2003, 03:53 AM
What about the preferred seating tickets you get with some packages (ie. AAA Vacations)? Can you still use these?

kijay
08-05-2003, 08:07 AM
"Crowds" = DCA???????? LOL, great sarcasam Darkbeer. :p

canadisfan
08-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Still no October schedule at DL.com. On August first i emailed to ask for an October schedule. The reply stated the schedule would be out 2 to 3 months prior and entertainment schedule 1 month prior. I didnt bother to tell them that August is 2 months from October.

Seaworld, Knotts & Universal all know what hours they will be open in October.

waiting patiently to finalize my plans!

Darkbeer
08-07-2003, 08:10 PM
The reason Disneyland has not yet announced their hours has to do with their Fiscal year, it ends September 30th. The new Fiscal year plans have not yet been approved, including operating hours, they should be announced sometime later this month....

mom_rules
08-08-2003, 04:07 AM
Makes it a little tough for those of us planning for the end of Sep/1st week in October. I guess patience is a virtue?

Darkbeer
08-08-2003, 04:28 AM
Mom....

O/T, my mom was born in Leaside.... so I understand where you are coming from...

But look at the hours for the week before (DCA is offering a special Latino weekend the last week of September) and presume that those will be the hours, or an hour less!

I wish I could give you a better answer, but right now there is a lot of things in "flux".... and I rather not answer if I can't give the "correct" answer!

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
08-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Interestingly - the entertainment is scheduled - this is a good sign. You can see Fantasmic! on Friday and Saturday nights in October.

I would imagine you can expect California Adventure to be open at least until 6 during the week as it has never been regularly scheduled to close sooner than that.

With the light crowds in October (absolutely nothing like Christmas) it honestly does not make any difference what 'exact' hours the parks are open. You can get a full day's worth and do most anything (as long as it's open...) you want with minimal waits - even on the weekends.

Tiki Junki
08-10-2003, 07:04 AM
Well, it's a start. But as the wise-ones of this board have pointed out, the Disneyland Calendar on the web page is not noted for being accurate. Small World is not listed as being closed but I've seen notes that it will be :(

Question: Believe is not scheduled. Is that because it does not run during the Fall, even on weekends? Or they just haven't figured out when?

If Fantasmic! gets cancelled (as it has been reported) and no Believe, that only leaves the Electrical Light Parade. Not much for a Magic Evening of Entertainment.

Also, I made reservations yesterday at the BB thru Disney Planning. The only time they had for me was 12:40. Not bad, but the fact that I called 60 days out and couldn't get my first or second choice makes me wonder about the crowds. When we talked to the Travel Agent, she said some big groups were coming to town in October.

mom_rules
08-11-2003, 05:21 AM
I know of at least two large groups at DLR during our stay.
I emailed my PS to vacation planning but haven't heard back.
We are there in about 50 days. How long would you wait to get a response from them?

Tiki Junki
08-11-2003, 06:17 AM
I emailed them originally and got this reply back within about 24 hours.

We can be reached by phone 7 days a week from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Our
phone number is 714-956-6833 and our fax is 714-956-6834.

To make any and all dinning reservations please call our office.

So call call call. Good Luck.

mom_rules
08-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the numbers-I will call to see if they even received my email.