PDA

View Full Version : Cast member question

DonaldDuck14
07-24-2003, 05:23 PM
hey guys, well iam officially hired to work at the disneyland resort. ill be those photographers (that some might find annoying) that will take pictures. i got my disney ID and i do my orientation on saturday. Now i know i get free access to the parks but i can't sign anyone in since im not working for the disney company but for kodak. Does anyone know if i get discount at the parks or around the resort. My ID is green and it says disneyland and DCA on it and it says operating participant on the front and on the back it has a letter A on it. so if any cast members out there or anyone with knowledge can help me out, i would appreciate it:D

see u at the parks

sm_cm
07-24-2003, 06:12 PM
The A on the back of your card is your merchandise discount code. The A entitles you to 20% off of merchandise in most of the in park stores (after 3 years you get a B and 35% off). Some DTD Operating Participants offer discounts, but not all. In both parks you get 10% off of food from restaurants (ODV excluded) no matter how long you have been there. Welcome to the resort :)

DonaldDuck14
07-24-2003, 06:13 PM
oh cool, thanx a bunch!

DLanddrew
07-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Actually, I think the food discount is 20% rather than 10% (regardless if you have A or B discount). But, yes, ODV doesn't accept it, and it doesn't apply to liquor (which only matters at DCA and in the Resort Hotels)....

The other annyoing thing for us Disneyland Cast Members used to the 20% discount is that when we go to WDW, they have different rules. Discount only applies to sit-down service (no counter or buffeteria service) and they automatically add in the tip. I heard that CMs were tipping off the discounted price originally, so the servers had the automatic tip rule built into union negotiations a few years ago. But the WDW rules apply to their CMs too. At DLR, the WDW CMs get the more generous 20% at most locations.

And if you thought that wasn't confusing enough, just try to figure out the discount plan at the Napa Rose! Seriously, I think it's something like a discount only on the third Thursday between 2:00 and 2:30. (OK, maybe not that restrictive, but you get the idea!)

DLandDrew

sm_cm
07-25-2003, 08:40 AM
you are right, it is 20% instead of 10% for food (whoops!!) Yeah, ours is a lot easier to figure than WDW, I went there for the first time last year and found their discount system to be quite different than ours.

Niwel
07-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by DonaldDuck14
hey guys, well iam officially hired to work at the disneyland resort. ill be those photographers (that some might find annoying) that will take pictures. i got my disney ID and i do my orientation on saturday.

Congrats on your new role --- now we get the scoop on the picturetakers! If you feel like sharing any of your orientation/first day stories, feel free to send them to us at castplace@mouseplanet.com. Stay cool -- it can get kind of hot on that asphalt. :D

DonaldDuck14
07-25-2003, 09:10 AM
ok..i will, stay tuned for a future story, haha:D