PDA

View Full Version : Someone Explain the "Cone" and tell me your favorite

dlandnut
07-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I've seen all sorts of information about the new "cones" in Carsland. You can even get breakfast in a cone! Someone who has eaten some of these, please give me an idea of what this is all about. :eyeroll:

pulltab
07-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Back in the 50's-60's there would be "motels".. or motor hotels--- motels. In the states that Route 66 ran, (and other US Highways), there would be "themed"... motor hotels--- motels. Some of these motels could inspired by the layout of the land you were driving in, i.e ... Indian teepees, log cabins, or whatever the "genre" for the particular town you were driving through (Paul Bunyan, the Wild West, Riverboat, etc) .

The cones represent a style of "motel" that resemble teepees, or a facsimile of... the orange cones at Carsland is a "Motel"... (By the way, I love the "100% Air Refrigerated" on the neon motel sign). The orange "rooms" are all in a circular arrangement. You cannot "stay" there, but the "rooms" serve food.... You cannot book a room and "lodge" there.

As to the food, I had a soft serve ice cream cone... but there are churros, light breakfast/lunch items. I am sure other folks will chime in with their thoughts.....

THpoohbear
07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
We've only tried the Chicken Chili Verde, served in a bread cone, and it is really scrumptious.

cstephens
07-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I had the chili cone carne in the bread cone, and it was really good too. The chili was a little spicy, which I liked, and it was a pretty good sized serving. I loved the bread cone and ate it all up!

Toocherie
07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
A friend of mine has had the chicken chile verde cone and thought it was really good too (and she's Hispanic so she knows good chile verde when she has it!)

I've had the dill pickle popcorn and the nacho cheese popcorn--the dill pickle popcorn was delish, the nacho cheese popcorn was "meh." I also have had the grape soda and it is very good. I didn't like the Red's Apple Freeze drink--too sweet. (There is a specific thread on Red's Apple Freeze here too)

jrsharp21
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
I have had the breakfast in the cone. It was eggs, bacon and a cheese sauce on top. The cheese sauce was a little much. One you got past the sauce it was good. The cone was almost like a pretzel bread.

Sleeping Beauty's mom
07-19-2012, 06:47 AM
I've tried the pretzels with cheese - very good. The chili in a bread cone was good. Didn't care for the apple freeze. Sampled the dill popcorn, it wasn't enough to make a decision.

adriennek
07-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Each physical Cozy Cone is a separate building with its own cash register and menu. If you want items from multiple locations, you have to stand in line separately at each location. The menus are listed here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/850/Disneyland-Resort/Disney-California-Adventure/Cars-Land/Cozy-Cone-Motel).

The bread cone is only available at one location. As I've seen it, it appears to "unravel" when you pull it apart. Like the concept of a bread bowl for soup or chili, it's an edible cone made out of bread. It's not a big fluffy bread like a sourdough bread bowl would be. It's "tighter" than that.

You can see a picture and a description of one of the cones in this MousePlanet article about all the new food options in DCA (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10023/Seven_New_Dining_Options_Debut_at_Disney_Californi a_Adventure).

mkraemer
07-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I had the Bacon Scramble Cone, and I loved it! I thought the cheese sauce was pretty good, considering it's mass produced (not like that nasty stuff you find on nachos...you know what I mean, right?). The bacon was positioned over the edge of the cone sort of like a straw but really...it's very minimal bacon involvement with this breakfast dish. Cone is made of pretzel bread. The presentation is clever, and easy to handle while standing in line for Racers.

Drince88
07-25-2012, 09:12 AM
I thought the cheese sauce was pretty good, considering it's mass produced (not like that nasty stuff you find on nachos...you know what I mean, right?).
Good to know - because I am NOT a fan of that 'nacho cheese' sauce at all! I was going to order mine without cheese, but maybe I'll change my mind, now.

THpoohbear
07-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Good to know - because I am NOT a fan of that 'nacho cheese' sauce at all! I was going to order mine without cheese, but maybe I'll change my mind, now.

Me too!

Teddi
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
My favorite cone is the one with the shortest line.

The reviews talking about SUPER SLOW LINES were right. My attempt at the Pear a Dice was a fail. I asked for the Pear w/soda water instead of sprite, and then walked away to sip... just soda water. Yeah. Great, thanks. JUST SODA WATER. DH was getting a grape drink, and I wasn't feeling well and needed to sit and drink my SODA WATER, I didn't have the heart to go back and wait more to try and get fixed.

The grape drink was pretty good, but a bit too sweet for my liking.

jrsharp21
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM

I guess that is maybe why I didn't like the cheese sauce. I love nacho cheese sauce in those big ol cans, like you get a the ball park. To me, nothing beats that sauce.

missm
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I guess that is maybe why I didn't like the cheese sauce. I love nacho cheese sauce in those big ol cans, like you get a the ball park. To me, nothing beats that sauce.

That is "que beuno" cheese. We have build your own nacho bars for football games at our house and get that cheese for it. I LOVE that cheese too (even though it is insanely bad for you). We get it at Costco.

Malcon10t
07-28-2012, 07:42 AM
That is "que beuno" cheese. We have build your own nacho bars for football games at our house and get that cheese for it. I LOVE that cheese too (even though it is insanely bad for you). We get it at Costco.I am surprised it isn't Que Bueno, as Nestle makes Que Bueno.

disneyobsessed
07-28-2012, 05:47 PM
DS10 tried both the eggs and bacon breakfast cone and the churro bites with chocolate cinnamon dipping sauce. He said the breakfast cone was really yummy, and the cheese was fine; he didn't share with any of us. The churro bites were a definite hit, and he wants to get them again when he next visits the park. DH shared the churro bites and also pronounced them tasty.

UsBurchs
08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
We had the following: Red's Apple Freeze, Chili Cone Carne, Route Beer (in a cone cup - can't get a float in a cone cup so . . .) and ice cream cone. My DS wanted a Route Beer Float, but he also wanted the cone cup, so they had to get rootbeer in the cup and an icecream on the side, which is dipped in chocolate and quickly started melting away in the heat and was VERY messy for my 8-year-old. I LOVE the Red's Apple Freeze, but it seems like people either love it or hate it. It's the shortest line, that's for sure! The Chili Cone Carne was good. We all liked that. We also had the pomogranate lemonade. It was fine. Nothing to rave about, but refreshing. You cannot get cone cups at the Red's Apple Freeze and Pretzle Bites cone. I think that's one reason the line is so short.

Chili Cone Carne:

UsBurchs
08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Red's Apple Freeze:

UsBurchs
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
the bread on the chili cone carne can be swirled off and eaten. Kinda like pretzle bread, but thin:

missm
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I am surprised it isn't Que Bueno, as Nestle makes Que Bueno.

I wish I was going soon! I would make sure to get one so I could see if it is Que Bueno or not. I just bought some Que Bueno on Sunday. Nachos this week!