PDA

View Full Version : Real Haunted Mansion Ghosts?

Pages : [1] 2

disneyfreak168
07-24-2003, 02:24 PM
This is kinda interesting...but has anyone here ever seen a real ghost (i mean a REAL ghost) lurking inside HM? I haven't seen one...

check out it out...

website i found about people seeing real ghosts in HM (http://www.expage.com/page/hauntedmansion16)

do you think these things are true?:confused:

dshimel
07-24-2003, 02:25 PM
no

smd4
07-24-2003, 02:47 PM
If you do a search, you'll find a very lengthy thread about ghosts, both "real" and fictional at Disneyland. Some mighty good ghost stories in that thread!

tracilicious
07-25-2003, 08:59 AM
i was reading david koenig's Mousetales 2 last night and it said that among cast members there are rumors that the mansion is actually haunted. do any cast members have any rumors or stories to share about this? creepy.

MammaSilva
07-25-2003, 09:52 AM
tracilious, since this thread was already active, I merged the two in hopes of keeping the conversation flowing...

Disneyphile
07-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I've yet to experience anything in The Haunted Mansion, but I do have a rather interesting photo that I took at Club 33 - many glowing "orbs" in the Trophy Room, near the ceiling. (And no, they're not spots on the lens. I've taken many pictures with the camera before at various locations, resulting in some of the same "anomolies", especially my Queen Mary pics.)

I'll have to take my digital camera onto HM sometime and see if it captures anything there. WAY cool! :cool:

Bill Catherall
07-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Those "glowing orbs" you see in photos are nothing more than dust particles (or sometimes water droplets...depending on the situation) reflecting the flash.

101 in the hippo pool
07-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Some of those "ghost stories" are really stretching it. There is one about 3 "pale girls all in black" waiting in line...umm...gimme a break.

While working there I never heard of any likely ghost stories, since working there however, I have heard some convincing ones.

SzczerbiakManiac
07-25-2003, 11:22 AM
People who say they have seen a ghost are either unfortunately deluded or charlatans trying to scam you. In spite of what many people claim (many people trying ot get you to $buy$ their story), there is no scientific proof that ghosts exist. None. Zero, Nada. Zip. Zilch. James Randi and I challenge you to prove (http://www.randi.org/research/index.html) me wrong!

Dexter
07-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Just thought I'd share this link

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/california.htm

Just scroll down till you find Disneyland.

Disneyphile
07-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Those "glowing orbs" you see in photos are nothing more than dust particles (or sometimes water droplets...depending on the situation) reflecting the flash.

Whoa. That's amazing, considering I didn't use a flash. To me - they're something special. To you, maybe not. I respect your viewpoint. Thanks for respecting mine.:)

Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
People who say they have seen a ghost are either unfortunately deluded or charlatans trying to scam you. In spite of what many people claim (many people trying ot get you to $buy$ their story), there is no scientific proof that ghosts exist. None. Zero, Nada. Zip. Zilch. James Randi and I challenge you to prove me wrong!

Thanks for saying that I'm "deluded" and "trying to scam" people, when you do not know me. I simply said I have a photo of "glowing orbs". To some, those are ghosts, and to others, they are just dust particles like Bill mentioned, and maybe to some folks they just look pretty! Everyone is entitled to their beliefs without having to justify those beliefs to others. That's like challenging a Christian to prove Christ existed by actually showing them his body. People have different beliefs based on faith, and just because "there is no scientific proof" doesn't make those beliefs invalid. Why is it *so* important that you need to challenge people? Why is it *so* important for you to appear so omniscient on an internet message board? Maybe that's a bigger mystery than whether or not ghosts exist.;)

Bill Catherall
07-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
Whoa. That's amazing, considering I didn't use a flash. To me - they're something special. To you, maybe not. I respect your viewpoint. Thanks for respecting mine. :) No problem. :) I respect your opinion. It's just that every picture I've ever seen that has "orbs" in it has been an indoor picture taken with a flash. Your pictures inside Club 33 were taken without a flash?

laldava
07-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Personally, I dont think the HM is really haunted, but who knows, anything's possible I suppose. As for the picture spots, well that has happened to me on the Queen Mary Before also. Now that is one place that is haunted. And while many people try to explain the photo spots, the fact that they showed up on two rolls of my Queen Mary pictures was enough to convince me. Actually they showed up in one roll of film and on most of my friends digital pictures.The funny thing is they were pictures from when my and my friends went to the Queen Mary Halloween Haunt event that they have done in recent years. That same night, the Queen Mary was actually on the news, like channel 9 I think, because employees were reported tons of phone calls from the 1st class swimming deck even though nobody works down there and no guests have access to that area of the ship. It was cool. Wow im way off topic haha - sorry guys..

In any case, it would be cool if the HM really was haunted, would definitely add a little extra to the ride :p

disneyfreak168
07-25-2003, 12:53 PM
yeah it actually would be kinda cool there really where ghosts...but kinda freakishly weird at the same time...I don't know, anything's possible. what does a 13 yr old kid know eh? :p

Anyways is that story about the woman and spreading her dead son's ashes in HM true? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Disneyphile
07-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Your pictures inside Club 33 were taken without a flash?

Yeppers. :) My digital camera picks up well in regular room lighting, so I try not to use the flash so it doesn't wash out the original colors.

And it just struck me as interesting, because the photos I took around the room before and after that one are crystal clear. I've actually got a lot of different "orb" photos from various places, especially the Queen Mary, which had some of the "orbs" dissected by objects in the foreground (that's what really got me turned around from my initial "water droplet" conclusion). I'll have to put 'em up on a webpage for people to look at and draw their own conclusions. :)

Laffite
07-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Yeppers. :) My digital camera picks up well in regular room lighting, so I try not to use the flash so it doesn't wash out the original colors.

And it just struck me as interesting, because the photos I took around the room before and after that one are crystal clear. I've actually got a lot of different "orb" photos from various places, especially the Queen Mary, which had some of the "orbs" dissected by objects in the foreground (that's what really got me turned around from my initial "water droplet" conclusion). I'll have to put 'em up on a webpage for people to look at and draw their own conclusions. :)

That's actually quite a norm in digital cameras. I get them all the time. Try cleaning out your lens :eek:

DisneyFan25863
07-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
That's actually quite a norm in digital cameras. I get them all the time. Try cleaning out your lens :eek: Or maybe you just visit alot of haunted places :fez: :eek:

Bill Catherall
07-25-2003, 01:34 PM
I'll have to put 'em up on a webpage for people to look at and draw their own conclusions. :) Sounds good to me. I'd like to see them.

Now, what I'm wondering is, whenever you see these "orbs" do you automatically conclude they are ghosts? 'Cause I've seen them in tons of pictures. They are especially prevelent in very dusty areas, like pictures taken inside homes that are under construction or are going through renovations. It seems most logical to me that they are just specs of dust and I could perform an experiment to prove it. Concluding that they are ghosts just seems like a leap in logic to me. Or do ghosts just like to hang around construction sites? ;)

Disneyphile
07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
They are especially prevelent in very dusty areas...

Now that makes for an interesting concept. Sounds like I should get quite a few of those pictures inside HM with all the dust and cobwebs. Makes for an interesting experiment! I'll take the camera next time I go. :fez:

Laffite
07-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Or maybe you just visit alot of haunted places :fez: :eek:

so true... :(

Bill Catherall
07-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Sounds like I should get quite a few of those pictures inside HM with all the dust and cobwebs. Well, the dust has to be airborne. They do clean the HM regularly and reapply their specially formulated stage dust. I don't know how dusty the air is in there, but despite its looks I suspect it's pretty clean.

But take a look at this photo (http://www.mnsi.net/~vette/Theater/Entrance.jpg). There are so many "orbs" in that picture that it looks like a snow storm. (Speaking of snow storms...snow flakes make orbs too.) That pictures was taken in a very dusty room. Lots of airborne particles. Or is it a massive gathering of spirits. It looks more crowded than the HM. ;)

Not Afraid
07-25-2003, 02:22 PM
I've never seen or experienced ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. I have experienced things that may have been ghosts in other places, but never in the HM.

SzczerbiakManiac
07-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Disneyphile wrote:
Thanks for saying that I'm "deluded" and "trying to scam" people, when you do not know me.Hmm, as I re-read (twice, just to be sure) my original post in this thread, I don't see where I mentioned your or anybody else's name. And for what it's worth Disneyphile, I was not even thinking of you when I composed it. :rolleyes:

I simply said I have a photo of "glowing orbs". To some, those are ghosts,Well, I guess that depends on how one defines the word "ghost". I kinda figured we were talking about the spirit of a formerly living person. Perhaps further clarification is required...?

If I look up at the clouds and see one shaped like a dog, I might say to my friend, "Hey Bob, check out that poodle up there." However, just because it looks like a dog, doesn't mean it is one. If I accidently double exposed a picture of a my friend Helen, she might look like a ghost in the picture. If Bob said to me, "Wow, check out that picture of Helen--she looks like a ghost." I'd have no problem with that. But if Bob said, "Whoah dude, you've got proof that Helen has returned from the grave!" I would sit down and have a little chat with Bob.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs without having to justify those beliefs to others.Unless you are trying to prove to me that said beliefs are factual, I agree.

That's like challenging a Christian to prove Christ existed by actually showing them his body.I'm sorry, that's a specious argument. His body would have totally decomposed long ago.

Did you mean something to the effect of, "That's like challenging a Christian to prove the existence of God."? That's not something that is even supposed to be proven. The whole point is to accept His existence on faith. If you have proof, it ceases to become "faith".

Science can't prove what the color blue is. We all just have to kind of agree that blue looks blue and move on. If you insist the sky is green, well that's your business. There's not a whole lot I nor science say. However, if you want to suggest that Frances and Elsie took pictures of actual fairies in Cottingley, well there is actually quite a lot science can say (http://www.randi.org/library/cottingley/) about that.

People have different beliefs based on faith, and just because "there is no scientific proof" doesn't make those beliefs invalid.Again, if you're not trying to hoist your "non-scientifically-provable" beliefs onto me, I have no beef with you.

Why is it *so* important that you need to challenge people?If, and I'm stressing the word if here, you are trying to convince me something is factual and I have evidence to the contrary, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm going to call you to task on it. You did not claim to have pictures of ghosts. You said you had some interesting photographic anomalies. I did not call you out on your claim.

Why is it *so* important for you to appear so omniscient on an internet message board? Maybe that's a bigger mystery than whether or not ghosts exist.;)Whaaa?!?!?
Omniscient? When did I make that claim?
Now who is judging people without having met them?

And if you're interested in playing armchair psychologist, it might be interesting to examine why you feel so threatened by me.

Oh, and to answer disneyfreak168's original question: no, I don't.

disneyfreak168
07-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Oh, and to answer disneyfreak168's original question: no, I don't.

ok :) i got lost in what u said until the end:p

Kuzcotopia
07-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Scerberzeherzzeerbiackkexxx is doing such a good job of being a skeptic here that I don't feel the need to add on the issue of ghost/noghosts.

But I will add that I get those same dust spots on my camera too. Never ascribed it to ghosts, though. It seems quite a stretch to me to come up with that theory first, rather than last.

If I saw something in my photographs that I didn't understand, I'd go through a lot of steps. First, I'd have the photos analyzed by a photography expert. Then I'd try and see if the photo was on the negative, or if it was a printing error. If it was a digital camera, I'd see if there was a problem with the CCD. Then I'd try and duplicate the photos with my camera and another camera. Then I'd test my camera for problems with the mechanism, lens, software, etc. Then I'd try and find out if other people with my type of camera had also gotten strange images. I'd try and find out if the CCD has a problem with power spikes, or if it sometimes has latent image problems.

Only after completely eliminating the camera, would I go to the next step. The next step would be to examine the place that I took the photograph. I would attempt to re-create the photo, lighting, time of day, etc. See if there was anything strange in the actual place that might have cause the strange photograph. Is it a pattern in the wood of a door that has a strange shape in it? Is the air damp? Was there a mist from the boiler-room? Was it dusty? Is there a radioactive substance nearby that fogged the film? Do other people who take photos here have similar photos?

If I still couldn't come up with an explanation, I would then try getting other people to be able to duplicate my photograph. Get others to try and document the phenomenon.

Once I was sure I had a documentable phenomenon that wasn't explained by all the possibilities I could figure out, then I'd contact others. Get some scientists out there. Then we'd really have ourselves a hunt. Might we prove that this phenomenon was a ghost? Maybe. But there's a lot of steps to go before we can do that.

As Sherlock Holmes says "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, has to be true."

Or you can just look at any lens-spot or smudge as a ghost. Or whatever. If you want to believe that hard, just don't take photos at all, since you don't need any but the most faint "proof" to believe. After all, there is the possibility that you might take a photo without a ghost, and that might prove that there wasn't a ghost there. Better to not take the picture at all. Just tell everyone you had a feeling there was a ghost. That's as good of proof as a dusty-lens photo.

Are those spots in photos Ghosts? No.

Aliens, They are ALIENS!!!!!! SENT TO SUCK OUR SOULS!!!!

Only kids believe in ghosts! ;-)