PDA

View Full Version : Cars Land Power Outage 7.13.12

Pages : [1] 2

Toocherie
07-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Fairest is at the park right now and reporting that there is a power outage in DCA affecting Radiator Springs Racers and Maters. Luigi's is open, but the line is long. Toy Story is also affected. Word is that there will be no Fastpass distribution for Radiator Springs today.

Malcon10t
07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Fairest is at the park right now and reporting that there is a power outage in DCA affecting Radiator Springs Racers and Maters. Luigi's is open, but the line is long. Toy Story is also affected. Word is that there will be no Fastpass distribution for Radiator Springs today.From what I read elsewhere, this outage actually started yesterday.

Drince88
07-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Somebody must have plugged their phone in somewhere!!!

Tinkermommy
07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Somebody must have plugged their phone in somewhere!!!

Okay, THAT one made me actually laugh out loud (having just come from the cell phone charging thread)! I guess now we know the REAL reason they don't want guests plugging in just anywhere! :p

olegc
07-13-2012, 12:51 PM
i wonder if drainage patterns were not expected as could have happened overnight - which then led to possible electrical problems. Hmmm.. interested (must have thought it never rains in SoCal ;) )

Malcon10t
07-13-2012, 01:40 PM
i wonder if drainage patterns were not expected as could have happened overnight - which then led to possible electrical problems. Hmmm.. interested (must have thought it never rains in SoCal ;) )It was my understanding the Racers went down yesterday afternoon.

olegc
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
It was my understanding the Racers went down yesterday afternoon.

i heard that too - but i thought they came back up. No saved posts or tweets to verify... but the notices of RSR being down the whole day came out this morning. i considered that to mean they thought that had it but with the additional rain they did not.

stan4d_steph
07-14-2012, 05:05 AM
If the Racers are like Test Track, they won't do well in the rain anyway even with normal power flowing.

sjhanksaz
07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Didn't Disneyland experience some of electrical failures during it's first few days of opperation in 1955?

Sounds like some things stay the same even though they are changing

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I was there on 7/12 & headed to dca from DL to ride ToT about 5:30pm. Was told it was experiencing a power issue as well as RSR & TSMM. I headed over RSR thinking I'd be right there if it came back up. On my walk I noticed that Mater's was working. CMs were telling all kinds of things. They were saying FP would be honored till park closure & the next day if it didn't come back up that day. They said there was an hours worth of people already in line inside. I went back @ 9pm & was told by a cm they didn't expect it to be back up anytime that day. I never went to check out TSMM, but I did see that ToT was up & running.

DISNEY777
07-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Was there yesterday for the AP early entry event. (7am). The Racer ride didn't start loading until about 7:20. (So 1/3 of our "special" time in the park was already eaten up by "staging" of people in the normal rope drop area, and then at the entrance of Carsland itself, and then with the ride being in "test" until 7:20.) Rode it, then got in line for an FP. When we went back, the ride shut down in the middle. We sat for 1/2 hr (thank goodness we were inside with air conditioning!) and given an FP for Racers specifically for later that day. We didn't stay the whole day, but when we left the ride was still down. So they were still having issues on 7/14.

dban3
07-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Reading this and other forums, I'm beginning to wonder if the honeymoon is over and there is a bit of dissension in the ranks regarding the RSR attraction. A freak rain storm is one thing but the problems seem to be pretty much popping up on a regular basis. Along with the posted wait times, maybe there should be another sign saying "This attraction has been fully operational for XX days" (just kidding Disney).

3Princesses1Prince
07-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Makes me think of other attractions that debuted and then had severe issues.....ahem, Murphy....,

dban3
07-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Makes me think of other attractions that debuted and then had severe issues.....ahem, Murphy....,

I was thinking the exact same thing.

currence
07-15-2012, 02:30 PM
You guys are too kind. My thought was Rocket Rods. At least they ultimately fixed Murphy.

Drince88
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm kind of surprised that they didn't learn more lessons from Test Track. It has to close down in heavy rain (not that I'd want to ride it in heavy rain -- I put the top up on my car when it rains - those cars don't have tops!)

pulltab
07-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I know it is a new ride, but this contraption is closed "a lot"... I have wait times on my android, and it seems that it is CL (closed) .... a lot! Hard to believe there would be a power outage... they had 3 years_+ and a lot of engineering done in Cars Land for "power outages".... I have ridden 4 times, but twice has been down... One was an "early AP entry"... 3 hour wait! I literally the next group to board, when a car "shut down"... and had to be "towed" off the track, reset the circuitry, run tests.... etc.....

dban3
07-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I know it is a new ride, but this contraption is closed "a lot"... I have wait times on my android, and it seems that it is CL (closed) .... a lot! Hard to believe there would be a power outage... they had 3 years_+ and a lot of engineering done in Cars Land for "power outages".... I have ridden 4 times, but twice has been down... One was an "early AP entry"... 3 hour wait! I literally the next group to board, when a car "shut down"... and had to be "towed" off the track, reset the circuitry, run tests.... etc.....

Which makes the frequent closures of Radiator Springs Racers all the more curious. This is not new technology. EPCOT's Test Track has been running for years (though currently closed for major refurbishment) and while the tops speeds of Radiator Springs Racers do not equal Test Track, the track / car technology is basically the same. The question is "what gives?".

3Princesses1Prince
07-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Which makes the frequent closures of Radiator Springs Racers all the more curious. This is not new technology. EPCOT's Test Track has been running for years (though currently closed for major refurbishment) and while the tops speeds of Radiator Springs Racers do not equal Test Track, the track / car technology is basically the same. The question is "what gives?".

But most of the major refurb is to retheme for a new sponsor. Not saying it didn't need maintenance too.

TTFN92
07-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Who's Murphy?

Shortpix77
07-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Who's Murphy?

He's the new dragon from Fantasmic... he had a head-falling-off incident early on, along with many, many other problems that earned him his nickname :-)

Toocherie
07-16-2012, 07:33 AM
We did our AP Early Entry Saturday morning and spoke with a manager late Friday night about whether the ride would be up or not. She said it was not necessarily the rain that caused the issue on Thursday around 5:45 p.m. Instead, they are on City of Anaheim power and the power grid went down for two minutes. When it came back up, several of the animations were not working. We called early Saturday morning and were told the ride would likely be up (which it was, although as noted above did not start running until about 7:20. We rode the first time with no incident from the regular line and then immediately jumped in the single rider line. All of us were in cars but me when the ride went down again--this time for the aforementioned 1/2 hour or so. I finally got in a car and the stopped again just as we entered the cavern. Some of the animations were not operating correctly (no tipping cow vehicles) but after a couple of minutes the ride came back up and we were able to finish. As we exited the second time the park had opened and the stand-by wait time was 120 minutes and the single rider line was 50 minutes.

pixar
07-16-2012, 09:12 AM

I don't have any inside knowledge to divulge, but one big difference between Radiator Springs Racers and Test Track is that there are animatronics in Racers that Test Track doesn't have. The cars and track might be fine, but an animatronic going down can cause the ride to go down.

animal24
07-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't have any inside knowledge to divulge, but one big difference between Radiator Springs Racers and Test Track is that there are animatronics in Racers that Test Track doesn't have. The cars and track might be fine, but an animatronic going down can cause the ride to go down.

lol, i wonder if we'd get some sort of shoddy patch job like the disco yeti.

Blacksheep Uncle
07-16-2012, 10:59 AM
when we were there for the AP preview and got stuck on RSR for 1/2 hour or so, as we were leaving I noticed there was one car with its hood up (really) with a hand full of people clustered around...and when later we were chatting with a CM at Luigi's she mentioned that she heard the issue with RSR is often just one ride vehicle failing in the wrong place at the wrong time...so putting 2+2 together, and factoring in CM confusion ;) it may just be that the ride itself isn't the problem but they are working the bugs out of dozens and dozens of individual ride vehicles...maybe???