PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Springs Racers Fastpass [Location of Fastpass Distribution Machines]

nowen1
07-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Are the FP for RSR still in their opening day location or have they been moved to their Carsland home yet, and if not when might they be moved?

oregontraveler
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
I don't see the FP machines moving anytime soon. In fact, I like where they are now, keeps the congestion down.

mrsdisney68
07-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Where are they located?

dgehrke
07-11-2012, 07:44 AM
They are using the machines near "Its tough to be a bug"

Drince88
07-11-2012, 07:54 AM
They are using the machines near "Its tough to be a bug"

Where they often have a meet/greet for Flik? By the Hopper statue?

letshavefun
07-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Is there a way to get there without following the mob?

Malcon10t
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Is there a way to get there without following the mob?The FP? Or the ride?

The FP line is formed quite early and you will be directed to the end of it. It starts just after the Carthay Circle, and goes back into Hollywood Land, past the animation building.

If you are going to the racers, and don't want to follow the mob, you could go through Condor Flats, down to the Wharf, and into Cars Land.

Toocherie
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
The third way into Carsland is to continue into Bug's Land--veering to the right and there is path by the bumper cars that leads you to Route 66 by Luigi's Flying Tires. RSR is just to the left on Route 66.

cstephens
07-11-2012, 04:54 PM
The fourth way into Cars Land is next to the entrance of Ghirardelli, which takes you into Fillmore's.

letshavefun
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM
The FP? Or the ride?

The FP line is formed quite early and you will be directed to the end of it. It starts just after the Carthay Circle, and goes back into Hollywood Land, past the animation building.

If you are going to the racers, and don't want to follow the mob, you could go through Condor Flats, down to the Wharf, and into Cars Land.

The fastpass machine. I was hoping there was a way that not every ones goes.

AVP
07-11-2012, 05:55 PM
The fastpass machine. I was hoping there was a way that not every ones goes.It wouldn't matter if there were, the line is LONG, and there's no way to "cut" to the front by going a different way. In fact, if you're NOT part of an early entry group (you enter the park at or after 8am), you'll likely join the line near the Carthay Circle Theatre - on Monday, the line reached Playhouse Disney.

AVP

Malcon10t
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
The fastpass machine. I was hoping there was a way that not every ones goes.They had been opening the turnstiles at 730am. The line forms beside Carthay. On Tuesday, July 3rd, the line went the length of Carthay, turned the corner, went past Carthay and Disney Playhouse, between Disney Playhouse and the Off the Page, they had the Playhouse switch backs being used, then the line extended past the entrance to the Animation building. CMs walked the line to the FP machines. There was no cutting allowed.

DisneyLynn
07-19-2012, 08:37 PM
We went june 22nd and arrived at DCA around 7:15, we got into the park around 7:35 and got in the fastpass line immediately and were right by Carthay and waited in line until 8:00 am when the park officially opened and got fastpasses for RSR at about 8:20 for a return time around 1:30. In hindsight, the stress of getting up early and waiting in line to get a fastpass, I'm not sure I would do it again or just jump in line and wait the 2-3 hours in stand-by. Even though we had fastpass it was still a good 30 minute wait plus the hour that we waited to get the fastpass.

Sleeping Beauty's mom
07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Please remember that there is a single rider line. This can be your friend with a much shorter wait :)

cstephens
07-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Please remember that there is a single rider line. This can be your friend with a much shorter wait :)

Yes, it's a shorter wait, but sometimes, that still means a wait of at least an hour or more.

Malcon10t
07-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Yes, it's a shorter wait, but sometimes, that still means a wait of at least an hour or more.And the line can be closed when you go. When the line is longer than 60-70 mins, they close the line.

AnotherJenny
07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
We went june 22nd and arrived at DCA around 7:15, we got into the park around 7:35 and got in the fastpass line immediately and were right by Carthay and waited in line until 8:00 am when the park officially opened and got fastpasses for RSR at about 8:20 for a return time around 1:30. In hindsight, the stress of getting up early and waiting in line to get a fastpass, I'm not sure I would do it again or just jump in line and wait the 2-3 hours in stand-by. Even though we had fastpass it was still a good 30 minute wait plus the hour that we waited to get the fastpass.

I was there on the 22nd too. We got in line for FP at about 7:55, and were back by the Animation building. I think our FP return time was 3:40-4:40. We ended up getting FP around 8:35, however we did lose about 5 minutes (and about 40 in FP return time increasing) because we were sorted into line for a machine behind a woman who had tickets that had not been scanned at the gate. It was pretty frustrating. Anyway, what made the FP return line long on that day was that the ride was down when the parked opened. The wait for single rider ended up being about 40 minutes at 3pm, we spoke to some people who had FP and they said they waited about 25-30 minutes to get up to the loading area, which was faster than we got there, but at that point single rider does seem to move a little faster, because FP meets up with the standby line, and single rider stays separate. The ride stopped while we were on it, so we did decide to give our FP away instead of waiting another 30 minutes (or more, since the ride had just stopped.)

For my experience that day, the FP distribution line was worth it, because we had our FP "just in case" and then went down to Toy Story, which only had a 20 minute wait, then went on a few more non-Cars rides, then went to the movies, Trader Sam's for lunch, and then waited in single rider for RSR, instead of 3 hours for standby. Of course, not having any kids with us, we didn't feel like we needed to sit together, either. Had we used the FP, we could have ridden twice with about 90 minutes of waiting.

ScottC4746
07-24-2012, 07:08 AM
That actually ticked me off Saturday. There were no signs to go to It's Tough to be a Bug for a Fast Pass for something across the park. We went all the way to the ride, logically, and then were told, illogically, that the Fast Pass distribution was somewhere else. By the time we got over there, the passes were all gone, by 9 AM.

rph13
07-24-2012, 08:05 AM
We were there on Thursday July 19th and went into DCA at 715ish right to RSR, rode the ride with about a 40 minute wait then I hustled down to Off the Page which was the end of the fast pass line, to get fast passes for 540pm to 640pm. It was about 830ish at this time and by 945am the passes were done for the day. I really like how they are doing the line, it moved very fast with a CM at each machine to put the tickets into the machines and we even had a CM walking the line reminding guests that all tickets must have been scanned at the gate or they would not work and that only one person from each party had to be in line, holding all the tickets.
We got very lucky on our stay and got to ride the ride three times over the five days we were there, once standby and twice with fast pass.

AnotherJenny
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I really like how they are doing the line, it moved very fast with a CM at each machine to put the tickets into the machines and we even had a CM walking the line reminding guests that all tickets must have been scanned at the gate or they would not work and that only one person from each party had to be in line, holding all the tickets.

And they also watched the line very well. There was zero cutting when the line was moving, because they had CMs monitoring the line. I didn't mind waiting in it at all, because it was so organized.

Rapunzelthorn
08-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know what days of the week that early entry is available? We are planning a trip the first week of November and, if possible, would like to go on at least one day when early entry is not available.

Ferb
08-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know what days of the week that early entry is available? We are planning a trip the first week of November and, if possible, would like to go on at least one day when early entry is not available.

Early Entry is the term for AP Holders getting into the park early, which ends in the middle of September.
Magic Mornings come with 3 day or longer tickets available on one morning per trip. Disneyland only on days starting with S and T.
Extra Magic Hours are for resort hotel guests available from check in to check out day. Currently in either park everyday until September 29th. This may change after that date, but it hasn't been announced what will happen. It may revert back to DL on the S and T days and DCA on MWF.

Malcon10t
08-04-2012, 07:56 PM
From Disneyland's website:

"After September 29, Extra Magic Hour will be available every day, during a hotel stay, according to this schedule: Disneyland Park on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and Disney California Adventure Park on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday."