PDA

View Full Version : Must have Churro...

Pages : [1] 2

miss bianca
07-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Hi all I haven't been to DL since April and am dying for a Churro. I'll be there this weekend though and I was wondering where have the churro carts been located at recently? I try to visit about 4 times a year so it always seems like they move them around on me.... ;) Also do they have them in DCA (I don't think I've ever noticed one)

Thanks

CarlieB
07-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry, can't help you with locations, but I'm now craving a churro:D

Mmmm..churros...can anyone tell me if they have special holiday churros?

dizneyangel
07-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Just got back, and the ones I can remember are in front of the castle on Main St., and New Orleans Square by Haunted Mansion.
Oh yeah, there's one right in front of the train station on Main St.
Good luck, and have fun! :fez:

ec7k2o
07-23-2003, 06:53 PM
do you think they'll say no if you wanna buy them all?

disneyfreak168
07-23-2003, 07:11 PM
last time i went which is about a few weeks ago...there was one near the Matterhorn? I'm not sure where... sorry:(

Disneygirl327
07-23-2003, 07:51 PM
i am a HUGE churro freak and im at Disneyland every weekend! they do have "special" churros for the holiday season i believe that they are apple cinnamon? not sure:rolleyes: The churro stands that i can remember are: NOS right in between the Hmand that lil fountain, at the enterance to frontierland and umm theres one by the castle! i normally get mine fresh in NOS!! good thing im going this weekend all this talk has got me craving one!

miss bianca
07-23-2003, 07:54 PM
45 hrs and counting until CHURRO TIME!!!
Thanks everyone!

Lashbear
07-23-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm ordering one of these !! (http://mrchurrosusa.com/domestic_churros_machines.html)

....Mainly cos' I'm so far away from my beloved Disneyland Churros :o(

ec7k2o
07-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Lashbear
I'm ordering one of these !! (http://mrchurrosusa.com/domestic_churros_machines.html)

....Mainly cos' I'm so far away from my beloved Disneyland Churros :o(

that's cool, but it looks sort of gross... :|

Polar33
07-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Disneyland churro wagon locations:
(in no particular order, locations subject to change without notice)

East Castle Forecourt
Tomorrowland (below Observitron)
North Mark Twain Dock
Casey Jr. Circus Train Exit
North Small World Mall
Haunted Mansion Entrance
Big Thunder Trail (near smoking area)
Matterhorn (near smoking area)
West Town Square

Most locations will be open from 1 hour after park opening to 1 hour before park closing. The Castle, Mansion, and Small World locations are supposed to open with the park. The Castle and Town Square locations should be open until at least park closing.

Disney's California Adventure churro wagon locations:
(again, in no particular order, locations subject to change without notice)

Sunshine Plaza (typically open afternoons)
Hollywood Backlot (rarely open)
Grizzly Trail (usually open)
Paradise Pier (mostly open mid-day)
Flick's Fun Faire (mostly open mid-day)

Flavored churro sugars (not flavored churros) can be found at the DCA wagons as well. In addition to the standard cinnamon sugar they offer apple and strawberry as well. As for the "holiday" aspect of the flavors, it's just the marketing. "Rudolph's Red Apple" and regular "Apple" sugar is the same stuff.

You can also get a small cup of caramel or chocolate dipping sauce for 0.50 as well.

MammaSilva
07-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Just a heads up on the chocolate dipping sauce.. herseys syrup.. I watched them pull out the bottle, fill my cup and off I went LOL

Lashbear
07-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by MammaSilva
Just a heads up on the chocolate dipping sauce.. herseys syrup.. I watched them pull out the bottle, fill my cup and off I went LOL

...Hmm, I wonder what they'd be like with the Cheese Dip that comes with the pretzels ?!?

....I hope you all know I'm just joking on this one... you DO know I'm joking, right ??.... Right ? :geek:

MammaSilva
07-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Either you're joking or you and Greg have an annoucement? One that would defy medical knowledge to date LOL:fez:

gliterrboy
07-24-2003, 06:21 AM
I am originally from Arizona, and we could buy a churro anywhere, Costco, grocery store, anywhere. I have been out east for a year and I've been DYING for a churro, for months now!!! Cracked me up when I saw this post. We're moving to CA in a couple weeks. I can't wait to go to DL and get a churro!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mommy2NicknMax
07-24-2003, 06:42 AM
Going to DL for the first time on Aug. 4th. Never had a Churro but thanks to this post I'm going to get one! Sounds yummy!!!! Anything else I should try while I'm there? LOL!

ec7k2o
07-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Mommy2NicknMax
Going to DL for the first time on Aug. 4th. Never had a Churro but thanks to this post I'm going to get one! Sounds yummy!!!! Anything else I should try while I'm there? LOL!

wow. you've never had a churro?

Mommy2NicknMax
07-24-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by ec7k2o
wow. you've never had a churro?
Nope, never. I've seen them but never tried one.

MammaSilva
07-24-2003, 07:14 AM
awwwww my sympathy for your deprived state..... churros at Disneyland, it's a not to be missed experience 'if' you like cinammon.. if you don't then you're not going to enjoy it much (the apple flavored ones are blech IMHO!)

If you like pineapple even just a little, don't miss a Dole Whip!

gliterrboy
07-25-2003, 02:09 PM
mmmmmmm, Dole Whip!!! you guys are making me sooooooo hungry, i didn't think I could miss DL more!!! i can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! :D

disneyfreak168
07-25-2003, 05:01 PM
mmm...dole whip....yum...

wha?

haha we're getting off the subject here!

ec7k2o
07-25-2003, 06:26 PM
what's a dole whip?

Matterhorn Fan
07-25-2003, 07:02 PM
So . . . hungry . . . must . . . have . . . Dole . . . whip . . . .

GeminiAngel
07-25-2003, 08:18 PM
I love pineapple, but..... I just can't get into the dole whip thing.

ec7k2o
07-25-2003, 08:48 PM
um... does anyone even know what a dole whip is?

swtkissez
07-26-2003, 02:37 AM
Just a heads up...

the Hollywood Pictures backlot churro cart is never open, last time i saw it open (mind u i'm ct) was christmas break.

the Bugs Land Cart seems to only be open during the weekends, and that cart has a chocolate flavored churro, mmmm.

Your best bet is the Grizzley area Churro cart, open until 30 min before the park closes.