PDA

View Full Version : Red's Apple Freeze

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rufus T Firefly
06-28-2012, 04:40 PM
After enjoying Red's Apple Freeze at the Cozy Cones on three occasions I am ready to make a bold prediction. I predict that this delicious and refreshing beverage will soon join the list of must have Disneyland snacks. Perennial favorites like popcorn, Red Wagon corn dogs, Bengal BBQ bacon wrapped asparagus and of course, the Dole Whip will have to move over and make room for this delicious new kid on the block. What do you guys think?

Sleeping Beauty's mom
06-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm probably going to get kicked out of DCA for saying this, but I didn't like it. Tasted like carbonated apple juice :(. But, it was hilarious to watch the brain freeze that DD and her friend had. !!

Toocherie
06-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Not a big fan either. The first couple of sips were good, but the more I went on it just seemed to get sweeter (and stickier--why no lids?) I threw out about 1/3 of it. I liked the wild grape drink at the popcorn cone better.

jrsharp21
06-29-2012, 06:29 AM
The freeze was awesome! Loved it. Meant to get another but forgot. It did give me brain freeze several times. Lol

TTFN92
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
That was a yummy drink! Loved the marshmallow flavor. DH even really liked it and it isn't the type of thing he usually likes. I will definitely get one next time. Ours didn't have carbonation in it though, it was slushy. I also liked the grape one and I didn't think I would. Wasn't a fan of the pear/mojito or the pomegranate one. I also really liked the pickle popcorn. It was a little addicting ;). I think they did good on getting something new and different.

adriennek
06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
The first one I had was entirely too sweet. I couldn't finish it. I wished I'd had shared it with someone else. I also should note that we ate it with salty pretzel balls so we wondered later if the salty snack intensified the sweetness.

The next time I had sips of someone else's and I liked it a lot more. Later that day, I shared one with someone else and I liked it. So I don't know if some batches are sweeter than others or at some times my taste buds are more open to the flavor than others.

I don't think I'd get one again unless I had someone with which to share it.

olegc
06-29-2012, 02:07 PM
i tried it and like it. it was a little large for a single serving (one person) and as it got very warm it was not as good as it was on first sips. I have yet to try Pear a Dice. Will do so with soda water (as AVP recommended).

tea4two
06-29-2012, 02:33 PM
...So I don't know if some batches are sweeter than others or at some times my taste buds are more open to the flavor than others...

I think this may be the case -- we thought ours was too sweet, but we heard someone else say that theirs wasn't sweet enough. I've read that this may depend on how recently the machine was filled -- drinks at the bottom of a batch may be less sweet because there is less mix in the machine and more ice.

dehnehsu
06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
It sounds like this is more of a Mint Julep (aka Listerine), You like it or not kinda thing!

TTFN92
06-30-2012, 08:33 AM
It sounds like this is more of a Mint Julep (aka Listerine), You like it or not kinda thing!
Love, love, love my mint julep!!!!

DisneyFunFamily4
06-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I tried the red apple freeze today. I was not a fan. the first sip i took was too sweet but after i mixed it up it wasn't overly sweet or overly sour. But i just didn't like it. It sounded good on a warm day and i do like apple drinks. I personally would not order it again, my kids didn't like it either and we ended up throwing half of it out.

bennette
06-30-2012, 09:06 PM
It does not sound at all appealing. But I don't like my drinks very sweet so I don't drink much apple juice. Or Dole Whip.

I'm looking forward to trying the grape or possibly pear with soda water in place of the Sprite. We'll see. I'm not sure there's much hope for a person who makes her own soda with actual, um, grapes. :eyeroll:

KarenW2
07-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Both my hubby and I really liked Aspen and we were so sad to see it go, years ago. If you remember Aspen, does the Red's Apple Freeze taste anything like that?

Teddi
07-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Perennial favorites like popcorn, Red Wagon corn dogs, Bengal BBQ bacon wrapped asparagus and of course, the Dole Whip will have to move over and make room for this delicious new kid on the block. What do you guys think?

I am ALL down for some new must have park favorites, and since on my list DCA currently has um -zero-. Not to say there are things pre-relaunch I like, but I am a Mint Julep & Dole Whipe and Begal BBW girl and the Pear of Dice sounds good, so does the Red Apple drink and DH loves grape flavor so he's looking forward to the Grape drink. I bet over time one or two of the new drinks will go away but yes I hope a few become DCA favs. I am so excited about the new food options, I could do a food oriented vacay to try it all out.

UsBurchs
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Which cone has the Red's Apple Freeze? I haven't been able to figure that one out. I'm interested in the pickle popcorn . . . I didn't think I'd like fried pickles and low and behold, they are one of my favorite (yet oh-so-bad for me) things to eat as a special snack. So, who knows!? It's worth a try! By the way, how much are these things running? Are they enough to share with my hubby and 8yo son?

AVP
07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Which cone has the Red's Apple Freeze? I haven't been able to figure that one out. I'm interested in the pickle popcorn . . . I didn't think I'd like fried pickles and low and behold, they are one of my favorite (yet oh-so-bad for me) things to eat as a special snack. So, who knows!? It's worth a try! By the way, how much are these things running? Are they enough to share with my hubby and 8yo son?We have the full cone menu, with prices, on MousePlanet:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/850/Disneyland-Resort/Disney-California-Adventure/Cars-Land/Cozy-Cone-Motel

Red's Apple Freeze is sold at Cone 4.

AVP

AnotherJenny
07-02-2012, 06:21 PM
For some reason I expected all of the drinks to be in the same cone. Although, if I think about it now, they probably all wouldn't fit in one. Anyway, I was looking for the pear drink, but I didn't see it at Cone 3 when my friend was getting the vodka drink. And I didn't even notice the grape drink when I was checking the popcorn flavors (Dill Pickle & Butter, boo.) I totally fail at reading menus. MousePlanet saves the day!

TTFN92
07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Which cone has the Red's Apple Freeze? I haven't been able to figure that one out. I'm interested in the pickle popcorn . . . I didn't think I'd like fried pickles and low and behold, they are one of my favorite (yet oh-so-bad for me) things to eat as a special snack. So, who knows!? It's worth a try! By the way, how much are these things running? Are they enough to share with my hubby and 8yo son?
The popcorn comes in one of the cardboard containers. We shared it with the family. I could have eaten more there were 6 of us. I don't know the cost because my DH bought it. Oh, they do give you samples. I'm glad because I really didn't like the bacon cheddar so I'm glad I didn't buy one.

cstephens
07-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Anyway, I was looking for the pear drink, but I didn't see it at Cone 3 when my friend was getting the vodka drink. And I didn't even notice the grape drink when I was checking the popcorn flavors (Dill Pickle & Butter, boo.)

I think with the various cones and all the different stuff at each cone, it's a lot to take in, especially when it's busy. Yeah, I've been hearing about the "butter" popcorn - what's up with that? Butter is not a flavor! :) I do love the grape drink at the popcorn cone. I haven't had a chance to try the pear drink yet. I really like the sweet green tea drink at Flo's.

Toocherie
07-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I think with the various cones and all the different stuff at each cone, it's a lot to take in, especially when it's busy. Yeah, I've been hearing about the "butter" popcorn - what's up with that? Butter is not a flavor! :) I do love the grape drink at the popcorn cone. I haven't had a chance to try the pear drink yet. I really like the sweet green tea drink at Flo's.

They had the "butter" flavor when I was there the other day too. I did talk to the CM about whether there's a "schedule" for popcorn flavors and she said no--that it's random. I want to try that sweet and spicy one you had!

adriennek
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I had the Pear of Dice with Soda Water today. I liked it VERY much. But. Be warned: It's not sweet with the soda water. It's not... sour. But it's not sweet. I enjoyed it. I might get super high maintenance in the future and ask for a splash of Sprite. But it was good. Cman kept sucking on it.

We also tried the Pomegranate Limeade and we liked that very much.

And Butter is not a specialty flavor. SALT AND VINEGAR is.

AmandaLovesDisney
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Red's Apple Freeze was way too sweet for me! I was disappointed. Fortunately my friend thought to ask for a sample before we bought one so we didn't have to buy one because neither one of us liked it. It was such a hot day too, if it had been less syrupy-sweet it would have been a perfect day for it.

tea4two
07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Both my hubby and I really liked Aspen and we were so sad to see it go, years ago. If you remember Aspen, does the Red's Apple Freeze taste anything like that?

Don't know if this will help, but we thought it tasted like the green apple Jolly Ranchers candy. It was that sweet. Maybe if we try it again, we'll ask if the CM can cut it with some soda water.

KarenW2
07-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Thank you so much for answering my question, I had thought it was going to go away without anyone giving me any feedback on it.

So, you can ask for samples of the different things at Cars Land? That would be great, in case it's too sweet for me too. Some of the other drinks sounded interesting, so they would be good to get tastes of as well.

cstephens
07-09-2012, 08:22 AM
So, you can ask for samples of the different things at Cars Land? That would be great, in case it's too sweet for me too. Some of the other drinks sounded interesting, so they would be good to get tastes of as well.

I'd guess that for a diabetic, you probably shouldn't have more than a taste of any of them anyway. For the diabetics in my life, all of the drinks at the Cozy Cone as well as the Sweet Green Tea at Flo's are sugary enough that they really shouldn't have more than a sip of any of them.