PDA

View Full Version : Indy's rehab in Jan. 2004

GeminiAngel
07-23-2003, 11:29 AM
I really hope this rehab is done by the last week of Feb 2004!!! I will be there!! Anyone have an inside scoop on this? I'm hoping they will get it up and running by President's Day weekend.

Darkbeer
07-23-2003, 12:01 PM
The official rehab list does not go into 2004 yet, but there are strong rumors of it going down in early January.

It was supposed to close Labor Day, and reopen in early November, but the rumor was that it wasn't enough time to get the work done, and with Space closed, they wanted to make sure that Indy was open for the busy Holiday season...

So, if Indy closes in early January, expect it not to open until April.....

Sorry...:(

Disneyfreak
07-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Well the ride needs alot alot alot and alot of rehab. The ride has been basicly run into the ground. I give it alot of credit for not having a major rehab ever in its 8 to 9 years its been here. It has been at Disneyland since 1995 and hasnt ever been worked on except at night time. Recently though it has been fixed up so that the effects are working properly compared when nothing worked basicly. They will install power gates, paint, fix effects in ride, fix up vehicles to the best of their ability-I mean they have been noticably not as jerky as they used to be meaning they toned it down because they want to preserve it till rehab or the cars need to be worked on. Black lights and all lights are going to be replaced, the special effects are going to be fixed in the waiting line-IE the spike room and person in the well. Also speakers and sound systems could be upgraded, and finally we will be able to have a successful fastpass line configuration.

thekirk
07-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Finally! The Indiana Jones ride is one of the best rides, and it is awesome that it can last so long without a major stop for rehab. You can tell it's time for one though. It's time for the line to be developed, and many special affects are missing, as stated before. The one special affect that I notice is gone is the large snake in the "snake pit" that comes down at you - it used to spit, but has lost it's ability to do so. Hopefully they will fix this one.

I'm excited they are doing this, and hope it will be a very complete rehab. Hopefully they won't take too long on it.

Icy Bacon
07-24-2003, 04:10 PM
the special effects are going to be fixed in the waiting line-IE the spike room and person in the well.Actually, the spike room was working fine yesterday, so now the only problems with the queue is 1) It's not really used anymore and 2) the guy in the well. :)

Disneyfreak
07-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Not the effect itself. The poor pole is bent like a bannana. They need to replace the pole and the mechanism. The effect with the spikes is fine, its just that the pole is in horible condition. Also they need to repaint the gold mine, and get rid of the gum stuck on the walls.

LIMANDL4EVA
07-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by thekirk
...the large snake in the "snake pit" that comes down at you - it used to spit, but has lost it's ability to do so.

What?

TheatreTech
07-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
The poor pole is bent like a bannana.

It's not supposed to be bent? I thought it was bent because of the massave amount of "weight" the pole is supporting.

Disneyfreak
07-25-2003, 01:15 PM
The bamboo pole on the left is what sets off the spikes. It is bent so much that it swings in circles when you try to move it. I remember it put up resistance when it was new.

Morrigoon
07-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Also they need to repaint the gold mine, and get rid of the gum stuck on the walls.

Hee hee hee... you mean the bat caves? That's supposed to be guano! :p

LIMANDL4EVA
07-25-2003, 06:40 PM
The poor pole is bent like a bannana.

It is supposed to be bent becuase of all of the weight being put on it.

Rallymonkey23
07-25-2003, 09:26 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...the large snake in the "snake pit" that comes down at you - it used to spit, but has lost it's ability to do so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
What?

Thats exactly what I said.

I don't think so. But can anyone confirm this?

Oh, and yes, it is about time this is being done. Can't wait to ride it with everything working again. :)

Disneyfreak
07-25-2003, 11:11 PM
No its not suppost to be bent. I went on the opening week and it was straight as a ruler. It is suppost to bend when you push on it then go back to its original position, not always bent.

cujosr
07-25-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
quote:

Thats exactly what I said.

I don't think so. But can anyone confirm this?

Oh, and yes, it is about time this is being done. Can't wait to ride it with everything working again. :) The snake never spit. period. Somebody is thinking about jurassic park and the dilophosuars (sp?).

Disneyfreak
07-26-2003, 09:59 AM
LOL, but that would be a nice addition to it. But they did fix the bug room projectors where your in the dark and the car lights turn on. I hope they fix those fans in the mummy room that was great.

mrfantasmic
07-26-2003, 12:14 PM
I thought I was going crazy for a minute. As far as I've seen on the actual animatronic, there is no place for it even to spit from.

Icy Bacon
07-26-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure if I actually remember this or if it's all in my mind, but I think the snake might have had a blast of compressed air along with it? "Spitting?"

And after watching a video of the queue from a few years back, Disneyfreak is indeed right about the pole effect. When I did it last week, the pole did stay in the straight posistion but it didn't make it there on its own.

Disneyfreak
07-28-2003, 05:02 PM
I do remember the snake spraying air at the people or it might of been a fan im not sure. But most of the effects are working now except for lighting in the ball room, its still way too dark. They should add fog machines to the mummy room with the fan effect that would be great! Also maybe in the future enhance the sound systems.:)

laldava
07-29-2003, 03:24 PM
are they gonna fix the avalanche effect? I remember this working only the 1st few years of operation.