PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions on Soarin'

hbquikcomjamesl
08-24-2001, 03:21 PM
1. How many "chambers" (for lack of a better term) are there in the building? 2 or 4?

2. Is there a provision for timid riders to stand or sit out of the way of the mechanism, and at least get the visual/olfactory part of the experience? I recall being told, when my Backstage Magic tour at WDW visited Body Wars, that one could request a run with the motion control turned off, at least if they're not running at full capacity. It looks like there's plenty of space in Soarin' to do that without actually tying up a chamber.

Napsto
08-25-2001, 12:39 AM
what do you mean by chamber? the room where the film shows

Ralph Wiggum
08-25-2001, 01:22 AM
2 Rooms. In each room there are 3 sets of 3 rows(3 different lifts). I dont know if you can request no motion but this ride doesnt do any jolts or sudden movements. Its like your hang glidinig throught the air without barely turning. No sweat!

Nigel2
08-25-2001, 11:31 PM
Odds are since the ride is so popular they wont stop motion on a set of seats, they might not have that power unless there was an emergency, and the video states that if you have a fear of heights you should wait at the arrival gate, so I guess if you asked a CM really nice they might let you watch it from their booth.