PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Treat returns to Disneyland in 2012 - Dates and Details

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AVP
06-25-2012, 09:08 AM
The Disney Parks Blog just announced (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/just-announced-halloween-time-and-mickeys-halloween-party-dates-at-disneyland-resort-tickets-on-sale-soon/) details of the 2012 Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disneyland

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mhp180926SMALL.jpg

Mark your calendars, because Halloween Time (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/halloween-time/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY12Q2JustAnnouncedHalloweenTimeAndMickeysHal loweenPartyDates25-06-12@0002) at the Disneyland Resort (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY12Q2JustAnnouncedHalloweenTimeAndMickeysHal loweenPartyDates25-06-12@0001) is coming – September 14 through October 31! Yes, I know it’s only June, but it’s never too early to start planning your Halloween fun. Disneyland (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY12Q2JustAnnouncedHalloweenTimeAndMickeysHal loweenPartyDates25-06-12@0003) park will be the ultimate “neighborhood” for Trick-or-Treating during Mickey’s Halloween Party (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/mickeys-halloween-party/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY12Q2JustAnnouncedHalloweenTimeAndMickeysHal loweenPartyDates25-06-12@0007) on the following dates and times:

Friday, September 28 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday, October 2 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 5 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday, October 9 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 12 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Monday, October 15 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 19 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday, October 23 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 26 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Monday, October 29 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Wednesday, October 31 – 6 to 11 p.m.

So start planning your costumes now, and join us at Mickey’s Halloween Party for:

Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular, exclusively for Mickey’s Halloween Party guests
Admission to the Disneyland park up to 3 hours prior to the event’s start time
Meet-and-greets with your Disney and Pixar pals and Disney Villains
Special treat stations offering both yummy candy and healthy goodies
Mickey’s Costume Party Cavalcade
Special dance parties
Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/09/halloween-time-at-disneyland-resort-features-new-attractions-ghost-galaxy-at-space-mountain/) and Haunted Mansion Holiday (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/celebrating-ten-years-of-haunted-mansion-holidays-at-disneyland-park/)

Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/today/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY12Q2JustAnnouncedHalloweenTimeAndMickeysHal loweenPartyDates25-06-12@0006) on July 9 and for the general public on July 16, so check here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/mickeys-halloween-party/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY12Q2JustAnnouncedHalloweenTimeAndMickeysHal loweenPartyDates25-06-12@0007) on or after those dates to purchase yours. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Remember – get your tickets early and save!

SigalTchelet
06-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Yay! I want to try and go October 2nd!

MammaSilva
06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Well true to form the price went up 'just enough' that I'm still going to fork it over but smile a wee bit less when I hit submit order.

AVP
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Discounted AP tickets went up $2 and each event ticket went up $5. That's consistent with the 2010-2011 price increase.

2012 Pricing

Annual Passholder Advance Purchase Price:

$46 for these dates: September 28; October 2, 5, 9, 15, 23
$64 for these dates (no discount): October 12, 19, 26
$69 for these dates (no discount): October 29, 31

Advance Purchase Price:

$54 for these dates: September 28; October 2, 5, 9, 15, 23
$64 for these dates (no discount): October 12, 19, 26
$69 for these dates (no discount): October 29, 31

Day-of-Event Ticket Price:

$64 for these dates: September 28; October 2, 5, 9, 12, 15, 19, 23, 26
$69 for these dates: October 29, 31

2011 Pricing, for comparison:

Advanced Purchase Annual Passholder Ticket Prices

$44 special passholder discount for these dates: September 30; October 3, 11, 18, 25
$59 regular admission price for these dates: October 7, 14, 21
$64 regular admission price for these dates: October 28, 31

Day-of-Event Ticket Prices

$59 if purchased and used on these dates: September 30; October 3, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25
$64 if purchased and used on these dates: October 28 and 31

currence
06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I do like that they added a second Friday for the most discounted tickets. I imagine that may be a fortuitous effect of the calendar and fully expect it to contract when the calendar does not cooperate. Last year we didn't go because I didn't want to deal with a school night or the crowds on the only Friday it was discounted (or pay $360 for 6 tickets).

I'm also somewhat surprised that Disney is trying to upcharge Oct 29. Last year they upcharged the Friday before Halloween, but that was a Friday so it made sense that it would be popular. I might not have had the Monday before at the $46/54 price, but I'm not sure it warrants $69.

Shortpix77
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I've still never gone to this, but have been tempted ever since they made Halloween Screams exclusive to the event. Is the event worthwhile to attend if you don't have kids? I'm not sure the fireworks alone warrant the price... those who have been before, what are the other elements of the party that you've enjoyed the most? Do you think it's worth the extra money?

Andrew
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
I've still never gone to this, but have been tempted ever since they made Halloween Screams exclusive to the event. Is the event worthwhile to attend if you don't have kids? I'm not sure the fireworks alone warrant the price... those who have been before, what are the other elements of the party that you've enjoyed the most? Do you think it's worth the extra money?

The main appeal to me is seeing what clever costumes other Disney fans are wearing. Sure, there are your basic princesses and pirates, but there's also a ton of creativity out there; the opportunity to wear costumes inside Disney parks brings out the best.

tea4two
06-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Agree about the fun of seeing clever costumes. Our favorite last year was the guy who went as his AP -- cardboard cutout complete with barcode and a space for his face to show. We saw groups dressed as characters from "UP" and the chimney sweeps from "Mary Poppins". Some of the costumes from "Tangled" were just gorgeous -- and most made by hand. Also, the energy and atmosphere are so fun -- people (for the most part) are in a very upbeat mood and spread the fun and humor around. The trick or treating is optional -- if candy is not your thing, that's fine -- but we do it to give away (church groups, charities, etc.), so the fun is beating the last year's record. The park can get crowded, but the crowds are nothing compared to a normal busy day at DL. But spots at the hub can be tight for the fireworks, and, unfortunately, that's where we saw the ugliest behavior from people shoving and cutting to be up front. On non-weekend nights, things are usually easier in that regard. Highly recommend trying the party once -- it really is fun, with or without kids (and we've done both). Hope this helps!
Oh, and just to add, Mr. Tea (DH) is not a Halloween person, and he is now a big fan of doing the party at DL every year! :)

SigalTchelet
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Agree about the fun of seeing clever costumes. Our favorite last year was the guy who went as his AP -- cardboard cutout complete with barcode and a space for his face to show. We saw groups dressed as characters from "UP" and the chimney sweeps from "Mary Poppins". Some of the costumes from "Tangled" were just gorgeous -- and most made by hand. Also, the energy and atmosphere are so fun -- people (for the most part) are in a very upbeat mood and spread the fun and humor around. The trick or treating is optional -- if candy is not your thing, that's fine -- but we do it to give away (church groups, charities, etc.), so the fun is beating the last year's record. The park can get crowded, but the crowds are nothing compared to a normal busy day at DL. But spots at the hub can be tight for the fireworks, and, unfortunately, that's where we saw the ugliest behavior from people shoving and cutting to be up front. On non-weekend nights, things are usually easier in that regard. Highly recommend trying the party once -- it really is fun, with or without kids (and we've done both). Hope this helps!
Oh, and just to add, Mr. Tea (DH) is not a Halloween person, and he is now a big fan of doing the party at DL every year! :)

And it's a fun time to meet up with Fellow Mousepadders! ;)

tea4two
06-26-2012, 03:40 PM
And it's a fun time to meet up with Fellow Mousepadders! ;)

Absolutely! That really adds to the fun of the party! :)

spookykitten
06-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I literally just started twitching with this news. I'm already in the sketching phase of my Cheshire Cat costume. October can't get here quickly enough!!!! :D

2Brave
06-29-2012, 04:55 PM
I just read this on another site and can confirm it works. I just purchase 6 tickets for 9/28 with a regular Disney Visa card (not premier).

Sale Date - TP=ticket price
June 25 - AP TP -Disney Visa and DVC
July 9 - AP TP - AP holders (including non-activated)
July 16 - TP - General Public

Hope this helps. I called the AP line at 714-781-7277 but also read can call 714-781-4636. There is a $5 mailing fee that I tried to get wavied and they wouldn't

2Brave
06-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I just read this on another site and can confirm it works. I just purchase 6 tickets for 9/28 with a regular Disney Visa card (not premier).

Sale Date - TP=ticket price
June 25 - AP TP -Disney Visa and DVC
July 9 - AP TP - AP holders (including non-activated)
July 16 - TP - General Public

(credit to user Girimama33 at disforums)

Hope this helps. I called the AP line at 714-781-7277 but also read can call 714-781-4636. There is a $5 mailing fee that I tried to get wavied and they wouldn't.

Kuzcofan
07-01-2012, 05:50 PM
What time do the tickets go on sale? I know it states July 9th but what time July 9th?

3Princesses1Prince
07-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Online it may be open at midnight Pacific time(it was midnight EST for WDW tickets last year ).

Midway Mel
07-01-2012, 06:16 PM

I miss the Screams fireworks soooo much that I watched them over and over on youtube last year. We almost went last year to the party but decided not to. I think I've got to got this year (and a cheaper, less crowded week night works for me).

Getting off topic: has anyone done the Halloween Tour at DL? We've been thinking about going and were chatting with a cast member recently that does it every year. She said that they've been working on it since December.

Kuzcofan
07-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Online it may be open at midnight Pacific time(it was midnight EST for WDW tickets last year ).

Great, thank you. I guess will have to stay up late July 8th. :)

tea4two
07-01-2012, 11:15 PM
...Getting off topic: has anyone done the Halloween Tour at DL? We've been thinking about going and were chatting with a cast member recently that does it every year. She said that they've been working on it since December.

We did the tour last year. It was fun, but very LONG! The tour started at 5 PM and we didn't finish until 9 PM. The tour guides stay in character the whole time, and much of the banter is closely scripted. We got to ride 5 or 6 rides and received some sweet treats. If you do the tour, you might want to eat dinner beforehand -- we did eat a late lunch/snack and were starving by the end.

Shortpix77
07-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Getting off topic: has anyone done the Halloween Tour at DL? We've been thinking about going and were chatting with a cast member recently that does it every year. She said that they've been working on it since December.

My mom and I did it last year, and it was awesome! We really enjoyed the back-stories the tour guide told us, and like tea4two said, they stay in character the WHOLE TIME. Hilarious. Ours was "Master Gracey" and had a cape.

L1l1y2
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM

I have never purchased tix online through disney site. Will I be required to print them right then? If so, I'm stuck!! I can do it later once I get to my office though....

Andrew
07-02-2012, 09:15 PM
They arrive as PDF attachments, so you can save and print them anywhere.

nbaum
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
My sister is claiming that the fireworks are the same as what they show during non-Halloween party nights at Disneyland. She's wrong, right?

Can't wait for this year's Halloween Treat! DS loves Halloween and is already talking about what he wants to be, but I hope he changes his mind. He's been watching 1980s Spiderman cartoons and he wants to be Spiderman, DH be Iceman, and me to dress up as Firestar.

tea4two
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
My sister is claiming that the fireworks are the same as what they show during non-Halloween party nights at Disneyland. She's wrong, right?...

As stated in the OP, the party fireworks are "Halloween Screams" and are exclusive to the party (which is a big incentive for many people to buy a party ticket). The fireworks that are shown on non-party nights are different (RDCT?).

Shortpix77
07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
My sister is claiming that the fireworks are the same as what they show during non-Halloween party nights at Disneyland. She's wrong, right?

Yep, she's wrong. "Halloween Screams" used to also be shown on non-party nights, but it's been a few years since they changed it. There are still fireworks the other nights (I believe), but not "Halloween Screams."

3Princesses1Prince
07-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Yep, she's wrong. "Halloween Screams" used to also be shown on non-party nights, but it's been a few years since they changed it. There are still fireworks the other nights (I believe), but not "Halloween Screams."

They showed every night the first year but the parties were in DCA then. The following year they were only for the parties and the parties moved over to Disneyland. Remember Dreams Come True show on Saturdays and Sundays.