PDA

View Full Version : Mad T Party What Do You Think?

PlayGirlBunny
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Personally I love it once Im there you can't pull me out till it's over. I've been reading a lot of posts and threads of people not liking the band that they rather have the DJ all night or those who say they don't like it it's to loud and they can't get to Monster Inc. What do you fellow mouseplanet fans think?
Also is there a way for me to record the band music and be able to load the music to my ipod???

Andrew
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I liked it a lot. I spent some time there on Friday and Saturday nights - not enough time, but I had a lot of other stuff to do those nights.

To record the music, you'd just capture the band's performances on video or audio using your phone or camera, then copy the audio over to iTunes. Or just check YouTube - lots of their performances have already been uploaded.

tea4two
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
From what I've read on other boards, the common complaint is about the set lists, not the band itself. The band itself is high energy, but the set lists don't change, and people are used to having a more random element to their music (like having an iPod shuffle) -- thus some fans' preference for the DJ. Since the Mad T Party soft opened 3 weekends in a row, by opening night, many dedicated fans had already heard the same set lists many times. If Disney could change up the set lists to add a bit of a surprise element, that would be fun. And if they want people to spend the whole evening there repeatedly throughout the summer, then it would definitely benefit them to change up the set lists.

chahn
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
We liked the Mad T Party a lot. I wore earplugs through the area, same as I do on most rides, so the volume didn't bother me much. I didn't know the set list repeated because we left not long after the first set finished to go see the neon lighting in Cars Land. If they played the same songs 4 times in a night or night after night I would probably get bored.

tea4two
06-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Two new songs were added to the rotation tonight during the last set, so maybe there are plans in the works to continue adding songs throughout the summer.

PlayGirlBunny
06-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Two new songs were added to the rotation tonight during the last set, so maybe there are plans in the works to continue adding songs throughout the summer.

What 2 new songs were added? Your right the band does Rock and like I said I get there about 7 till end and you hear the same songs it's still fun but a whole play list for the night would be better then the same songs rotated. I get that many people arent as lucky to go as often but missings songs would not ruin the Experience of the park.

Andrew Thanks for the tips Im not very good at stuff like that.

tea4two
06-22-2012, 10:24 PM
What 2 new songs were added?...

There was a song by Michael Jackson (PYT?) and a song by Linkin Park.

PlayGirlBunny
06-24-2012, 09:48 AM
I heard PYT last night they did a great job. How many different bands play? So far I notice 2 bands the ones last night which are very Rockstar like rocking out with same Alice and different Hatter and the other nights band was more reserved either way I really like both. I know they have a least 5 different DJs Michael Paul and Jason Jass are my favorites. I feel like going again tonight this is a close as I can get to hitting the clubs lol.

tea4two
06-24-2012, 12:17 PM
There are 3 different bands, but they are not always fixed groups. The bands can be made up of musicians from any of the 3 groups.

PlayGirlBunny
06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
The Bassist told me there are 6 different bands. That makes it hard to follow your favorite ones and the chances of getting all your favorite ones in one night will be hardly :(

shna
06-26-2012, 10:51 AM
We were there for a little while last night. I think DD and I enjoyed it more than DH did - but we were all getting tired at that point. DD & I will likely spend more time there when we visit for three days in August.

tea4two
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
The Bassist told me there are 6 different bands. That makes it hard to follow your favorite ones and the chances of getting all your favorite ones in one night will be hardly :(

That's funny -- the keyboard player said there were 3 bands!

Doug
06-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I find the Mad T Party bizarre...... ElecTRONica was normal, and relaxed.... Ok, here is an example of what I mean, the guy on the stilts, that looks like he is riding a bird, how bizarre is that? And the tweedle brothers? Weird.... But the most bizarre is the slinky guy, what the ?!? And I thought the "white rabbit" DJ was a rip off of Deadmau5.... that is the very first thing I thought of when I saw those things sticking out of his hat!

When I walked through the arcade I said "Nooooooooooooo!!!!!" :(

And they need to fix the EQ on the speakers above the entrance to Monsters, there is way too much mid range.....

PlayGirlBunny
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I love Deadmau5!!!
I have been going to the show since soft opening and this week 4 days straight trying to make it 7 days straight to see all the band members and DJs and so far Ive notice 4 different Hatters ,3 Alice, 2 Bass, 2 guitar, 3 keyboard and 3 drummers but randomly together. Oh when I asked a CM if there was a what to know what band members were going to play she said what do you mean there is only on band one Hatter and Alice I was like ok I get it LoL.

Doug
06-27-2012, 11:33 AM
I love Deadmau5!!!
I have been going to the show since soft opening and this week 4 days straight trying to make it 7 days straight to see all the band members and DJs and so far Ive notice 4 different Hatters ,3 Alice, 2 Bass, 2 guitar, 3 keyboard and 3 drummers but randomly together. Oh when I asked a CM if there was a what to know what band members were going to play she said what do you mean there is only on band one Hatter and Alice I was like ok I get it LoL.

When she said "there is only one band one Hatter and Alice", did she wave her hand, trying to pull a Jedi mind trick on you :)?!

You have been going almost every night?! How far from DLR do you live?

Speaking of Alice, what happend to the Alice that use to wander around DCA? She was kind of short, but I thought she was the best!

TTFN92
06-27-2012, 11:07 PM
We didn't like it. We are not the club type people, I'll admit. We didn't like that it was SO loud and right by 2 kids rides. I didn't like taking my 21 month old thru it to get to Monsters and Muppets. They could have turned it down a little bit and it would have still been really loud. It was even too loud when you were on the street by ToT and just got worse as you walked down the street. We had a bunch of teenagers with us and only one liked it.

leanster2
06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
My 16 yr old daughter and I go at least once a week. We both love going to see the Mad Hatter T Party. We've seen 3 different Mad Hatters and out favorite was the 1st one. He reminded us of American Idol Adam Lambert!! We've only seen him the 1st time tho. The only thing I would change is the music sets. It would be nice to hear different songs each week.

PlayGirlBunny
06-29-2012, 01:05 PM
When she said "there is only one band one Hatter and Alice", did she wave her hand, trying to pull a Jedi mind trick on you :)?!

You have been going almost every night?! How far from DLR do you live?

Speaking of Alice, what happend to the Alice that use to wander around DCA? She was kind of short, but I thought she was the best!

No that would of been cool but she was not friendly about it. Im going again tonight which would make it 7 days straight. I live about 30 mins away but we go about 7pm so traffic has already died down to me it's better then staying home.
Last night was the good Alice and the young Jared Leto looking Hatter which is either my first or second fave. Im not sure who's playing tonight but the good Alice will be there Sat and one of the good Hares Sun. DJ Jason Jass is playing tonight so if anything I get to have sum drinks and maybe a dance or two.

Doug
06-30-2012, 08:32 AM
I guess we should start posting pics of the band members so we ca figure out who is who and how many actually exist.... Eh?

How many DJs are there? Paul and so other guy?

pretty Omi
07-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I would love to see pictures of all the different members. I know I already have a favorite Hare and Hatter, and have only seen them once :c

Andrew
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
My MousePlanet review of Mad T Party is now live: http://www.mouseplanet.com/10037/Were_All_Mad_Here

Toocherie
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Going to the resort with friends the weekend of the 14th and we are taking our Glow With the Show ears with us to see how they react at Mad Tea Party ! I listened to the music one night and liked it--

PlayGirlBunny
07-06-2012, 06:05 AM
I guess we should start posting pics of the band members so we ca figure out who is who and how many actually exist.... Eh?

How many DJs are there? Paul and so other guy?

That's a great idea I have a few nick names for some of the band mates lol there is a tumbler that has pictures. I was there last night and a worker in dark clothing with a name tag walked up to us and said you guys are here a lot should we reserve your spot with a plaque i said yeah that be nice. Also DJS are Michael Paul, Jason Jass , Missy B ,Adam Aburn, Wendy Walker and David Bullock.