PDA

View Full Version : Re-Entry to Parks

Mommy2NicknMax
07-22-2003, 09:07 AM
I have a question about re-entering the parks. I know you can get your hand stamped and get back in later. But can you come and go more than once? Like say we're at DL in the morning, leave to go back to our hotel for lunch, go to DCA for the rest of the day, and go back to DL for the night shows. Can you do that?

Thanks so much!

Crystal

Rallymonkey23
07-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Yes you can. Be sure to save your tickets though!

dsnylndmom
07-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Yup as long as you have park hoppers to do both parks!!

MammaSilva
07-22-2003, 09:17 AM
unless you bought some 'special promo' ticket that I'm not aware of you can "hop" in and out as many times as it fits your needs during the day.. just be sure to have the original pass available because while they might be flexible if you managed to scrub all that ink off (good luck on doing that BTW..... they have it designed so you can shower/swim and come back) but you can't get back in with 'just a hand stamp' either..

Rallymonkey23
07-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MammaSilva
But you can't get back in with 'just a hand stamp' either..

Well you can, if you are an AP holder. But in Mommy2Nick&Max's case. I don't think this applys. :cool:

cstephens
07-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Well you can, if you are an AP holder. But in Mommy2Nick&Max's case. I don't think this applys. :cool:

Actually, as an AP holder, you don't need a handstamp, so just having a handstamp won't help either since you have to show your AP each time you park hop.

Rallymonkey23
07-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Actually, as an AP holder, you don't need a handstamp, so just having a handstamp won't help either since you have to show your AP each time you park hop.

DOH!! I knew I should have kept my mouth shut! ;) :fez:

*inserts foot in mouth*

cstephens
07-22-2003, 11:19 AM
*inserts foot in mouth*

But then we'll have trouble understanding you! ;)

It took me a while to get used to not having to get a hand stamp, but I really like it now. No smudgies to worry about (we were at another amusement park this weekend and had to get a handstamp - icky), and I don't have to worry about the seemingly heavy-handed CMs with the handstamps. On several occasions, I had CMs not just stamp my hand but try to grind it into the metal with their stamper. And then there was the CM who insisted that she HAD to stamp my left hand, and then only grudgingly agreed to stamp my right hand when I pointed out the very obvious sling that my left arm was in and no, you are not going to stamp the hand that's attached to my fractured arm, thank-you-very-much.

MammaSilva
07-22-2003, 11:23 AM
The lack of the need for a hand stamp was probably the biggest draw for me to purchase AP's.....even then they'd stamp AP holders, but since Brandy reacts to the ink I'd have to go thru this big "deal" about NOT stamping her then the same thing to get her back into the park...it is so much nicer now.. scan the pass .. hear the chirp and off you go

tracilicious
07-22-2003, 04:54 PM
i get a bit germophobic having my hand stamped by the same stamp that has stamped so many other people. bleck!!!

Bill Catherall
07-22-2003, 05:33 PM
I like the hand stamps. Makes me feel like a kid again. Sometimes I get one even if I'm not going to re-enter. :D

So, tracilicious...you'll touch handrails all day but don't like a little rubber stamp? ;)

experiment626
07-22-2003, 09:21 PM
After a multi-day trip it is really neat to see the entire back of your hand glow under the black light :)

BTMichael
07-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
I like the hand stamps. Makes me feel like a kid again. Sometimes I get one even if I'm not going to re-enter. :D
Originally posted by experiment626
After a multi-day trip it is really neat to see the entire back of your hand glow under the black light :)
Actually, we find it a challenge to see how much afternoon swimming it takes to completely wash off the hand stamp! Wouldn't want to make it easy for the Re-Entry CMs to find our hand stamps, now would we? LOL! :D

BTMichael

TheatreTech
07-22-2003, 09:41 PM

We do too

My sister and I make a game out of it. It's simple but we like to see who can figure out what the yellow smudge on your hand is supposed to say.

tracilicious
07-22-2003, 10:29 PM

So, tracilicious...you'll touch handrails all day but don't like a little rubber stamp? ;)

actually... i don't like touching the handrails either. sometimes i will catch myself running my hand along one and then i will realize what i am doing and get grossed out. i wonder how often they clean the handrails? i am completely non-germophobic about other things though. like i will share a drink as long as it is someone i know pretty well. does me knowing them mean they have fewer germs? no. but i guess i figure that i know they don't have ebola, or something else horrific. i am a walking contradiction. what REALLY bugs me is people touching my baby's hands and feet. i have been known to back away quickly when i see someone reaching out. and then people look at me like i'm the rude one. excuse me, but you are the one trying to touch my baby! sorry, i got a little carried away. bottom-line is that disneyland is filled with germs and i have to try hard not to think about it. (only when i'm at home, germs are the last thing on my mind when i'm at disneyland).

~<:) tracilicious

Rallymonkey23
07-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by tracilicious
I get a bit germophobic having my hand stamped by the same stamp that has stamped so many other people. bleck!!!

Originally posted by tracilicious
(Only when i'm at home, germs are the last thing on my mind when I'm at disneyland).

Ummm, yeah.

:confused:

LibraryGirl
07-23-2003, 12:37 AM

Since the stamps stick like glue, when the ink is fresh, hubby and I smear the stamp on our faces. :eek:

Why?? Because we laugh at each other when we go on a Fantasyland Dark ride and see our glowing faces. :D

We are the biggest geeks when it comes to those stamps!

tracilicious
07-23-2003, 06:47 AM
Ummm, yeah.

:confused:

those two statements weren't meant to go together.

DonaldDuck14
07-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by LibraryGirl
Since the stamps stick like glue, when the ink is fresh, hubby and I smear the stamp on our faces. :eek:

Why?? Because we laugh at each other when we go on a Fantasyland Dark ride and see our glowing faces. :D

We are the biggest geeks when it comes to those stamps!

don't feel alone, me and my friends do the same thing! one time we even brought a highlighter and marked up our arms and it was very interesting to ride indiana jones seeing out arms glow and its wierd seeing the tourists reaction during the ride also. heh heh, i guess teens on an annual trip to disneyland during the summer can lead to out of the ordinary situations:D

LibraryGirl
07-23-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by DonaldDuck14
don't feel alone, me and my friends do the same thing! one time we even brought a highlighter and marked up our arms and it was very interesting to ride indiana jones seeing out arms glow and its wierd seeing the tourists reaction during the ride also. heh heh, i guess teens on an annual trip to disneyland during the summer can lead to out of the ordinary situations:D

Oh man.... more inspiration!! I love the highlighter idea!! Hubby and I will definitely try that on the next trip!! :~D

hbquikcomjamesl
07-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Actually, until I see it in writing on an official Disney document that I don't need a handstamp with my pass, I get one upon my first park-hop of a day, anyway. I don't want to get caught the day they decide to start checking handstamps on passholders.

Same way with an Utimate Park Hopper hotel key at WDW: just because I've never had my hand stamped, or its geometry read, at a WDW park gate doesn't mean I'm not going to assume I won't be subjected to that until I've successfully hopped without being checked. (Incidentally, I finally finished the Fall portion of my 2002 vacation album, and my UPH, my PI wristband, and my BSM costume fabric swatch are among the "realia" I've included in it.)