PDA

View Full Version : Dig 8/24/01

Corith
08-24-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Al Lutz
I'm depressed that people like Paul Pressler, Barry Braverman and Michael Eisner don't feel that you the paying customer here in the United States deserves anything of this same kind of quality for the premium prices Disney charges here.

The anti-walt's arrogance really burns me. Does the anti-walt team have anything to say regarding the quality issues between the two parks? No. They blame everything but themselves. Its the economy. Its this. Its that. But, its not us. Its not because we cut corners. Its not that we valued hotel rooms and retail space over quality.

Originally posted by Brad
The TDR is selling advance tickets for a month ahead as each day goes by. Incredibly, as the days become available they are selling out at once-50,000 tickets per day are being snapped up!!!
Over 700,000 already.

Again, does the anti-walt team have anything to say about the extreme popularity of TDS and the less that stellar crowdes of DCA? Even if they couldnt' say anything, they should start pouring money into Disneyland instead of continuing to neglect it. A new make over of Tomorrowland would already be starting. DCA would already have crews out adding eye candy here and there. Something to bolster his and his team (Paul and Barry) image, and the image of DCA of someting other than an overgrown carnival wrapped around a shopping mall. Einser would turn on the golden faucet and start showing that he and his team, can do just as good as job designing a theme park as the OLC.

Originally posted by Brad
Yes Mr. D-the rebel alliance is growing against the Emperor and his Evil Apprentice(PP).

I want to join the rebel alliance. What can I do to help?

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2001, 11:12 AM
Someone posted this before and I saved the info - here it is again:

Michael D. Eisner
Chairman and CEO,
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
(818) 560-1000 - Main
(818) 560-1930 - Fax

Roy E. Disney
Director, Chairman of the Board
President, Disney Feature Animation
The Walt Disney Company
Burbank, CA 91521
(818) 560-1000 - Main
(818) 560-1930 - Fax

Mr. Paul Pressler
Chairman & President
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Cynthia Harriss
President,
The Disneyland Resort
Post Office Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

Michael P. Berry
Senior Vice President,
Disneyland Attractions/Operations/Foods
Post Office Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

Mr. Marty Sklar
Vice Chairman & Principal Creative Executive
Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91221

Disneyland Guest Relations
1313 Harbor Boulevard
Post Office Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803

HAVE FUN!

Hey, wait a minute....there is a thread in the general section about the Willy Wonka DVD, involving an online petition.....said petition achieved it's goal within a few weeks.....maybe we could set up a petition of our own, telling the bigwigs what we think about the DCA/TDS debacle! Maybe Al, in all his eloquence, could draw one up....we can email everyone we know and get this going....what does everyone think???

FantasmicFan82
08-24-2001, 06:43 PM
i Second!

KarmaKid
08-25-2001, 09:33 AM
OK, this has gone far enough...

Is TDR and TDS the same? NO... Are they owned by the same people? NO... Do they get the Bdget from the same people? NO... So how can anyone in thier right mind compare the two? They are two distinct parks, based upon two different ideas. So they spent almost three times as much... good for them. You do realize that the DLR has paid for DCA alone. WDW did not help with the new resort. We have been paying for the resort the past few years. And now I say welcome to Phase One. I can't wait to see phase two and watch the park grow.

If you build a 3 billion dollar park, it better be popular. that's a lot of money to gamble on. Now, My next question is... what is TDS going to do in 10 years? My guess is that they are going to have to tear something down to put in something new... After all, how much space is left? I'd rather have a park that keeps growing then something fully realized. Yes it may be fun at first, but all attractions get old after a while.

As for the "Overgrown carnival wrapped around a shopping mall" comment. Grow up... If that were the case, it's the best Carnival/ shopping mall around. But honestly, DCA isn't inherently evil.

OK, and now to my main rant about this whole thing. Who is Al to put words into Pressler's mouth? He does it a lot to make himself look like a real journalist. Why not go to the source? I would love to see an interview of Paul Pressler with Al. Maybe he could actually ask the same questions that he already has the answers to? I mean come on, if he had any guts, he would confront the source, not just talk about it. But then again, tabloid journalists never reveal sources and bend the truth/reality to suit thier needs. As a former journalist myself, I know it's easier to make something up, then do the leg work to get quotes. All has strong opinions about the company and that doesn't bother me. But to have me believe that Pressler and Eisner doesn't think we deserve quality for premium proces is absurd. Next time Al, why don't you make a call to Burbank and ask Paul for some comments? Hmmm.... maybe because they would never take you seriously and you would get blocked at the secretary's office.

Another thing. Why doesn't Al cover the press events for MP? We've seen other Staff members cover them. Does he hate the parks that much to not go to a press event? Or does real news scare him? Maybe he can't write a features article and can only do editorials? Maybe it's not in his contract? And why doesn't Al post on the Boards? Maybe he's too busy with more important things. I'm dissapointed that Al thinks we don't deserve his quality posts considering we pay him with our premium Amazon.com gifts that we send him. See, life can be seen in many ways. Al, it would be nice for you to show your mug around here. Or are you afraid?

That is all....

Karma Kid

Doodle Duck
08-25-2001, 09:48 AM
I so badly WANT to comment intelligently about the above post...I really do...but then I re-read it...and well...you either get it or you don't...the evidence is so overwhelmingly opposite of the word you use..'absurd' that it's...well absurd.
I promised myself I wouldn't re-dress these same old tired arguments that attempt to prop pressler despite the obvious. Well...obvious to most of us.

Pressler wouldn't do an interview with Al...that's absolutely correct...anymore than sleazoid Condit would do an imnterview with Bill O'Rielly.
Enjoy DCA by all means...but allow others vision credibility...not all glasses are Rose.

"After all, how much space is left? I'd rather have a park that keeps growing then something fully realized"

Be aware that TDS is only 60% complete at this point. In your enthusiasm to support the evil regime...check other sources for some facts.

Lacrosse Boy
08-25-2001, 09:50 AM
All right, Karma Kid we are aquainted from the other boards, and I know you don't like Al or MousePlanet. But don't take out your hatred on US. For instance I post over where you do, and I don't hate your niche. Just don't rant at us. Thank you in advance. Also, did you consider Al's busy schedule? You know recently he took his first vacation in 2 years. He is a very busy man! He probably doesn't get around to posting anyways, he would rather give his info out on the DIG, if my guess is correct. Also, anyone can be a journalist. You just have to report something.

See ya later.

Lacrosse Boy
08-25-2001, 09:55 AM
By the way Karma Kid, DCA was built at a cost of $1.4 billion, slashed from $2.1 billion. Still, $1.4 billion on 55 acres better buy a nice park, and it is, but it could have more attractions to please more people. Obviously, The crowds are doing the speaking, not you. The attendance is so low compared to Walt's Magic Kingdom -- it's not even worth talking about, when it seems so obvious to me.

disneyhead
08-25-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by KarmaKid
OKwhat is TDS going to do in 10 years? My guess is that they are going to have to tear something down to put in something new... After all, how much space is left

Here is a quote from a Japanese newspaper:

"the park is the result of four years of no-expense-spared construction. And with 40 percent of the land still available for development, the project is far from over-an additional ten attractions are in the pipeline. "

check out the the whole article here:

http://www.tokyoclassified.com/tokyofeaturestories/tokyofeaturestoriesinc.htm

In the infamous words of Mrs. Harriss, "in 10 years , it will be great."

Paradise Pier is a SEAside amusment park, Who bets that is what they'll use the land for? Yeah, right!

I keep hearing $1.4 billion dollars. That's a lot of money. What more do you want from Disney. Not even at Disney does money grow on trees. There is no way Disney can raise the kind of money the OLC spent on TDS. Then at the same time Disney spends $5 BILLION on Fox Family. It is obvious that Disney CHOSE not to put in the amount of money that it takes to build a world class theme park. They would rather go buy some rides and set them up in the parking lot, and use thier money to buy a cable channel. Maybe they should sell the theme park division to someone who cares about quality entertainment. Then they can go buy AT&T.

adriennek
08-25-2001, 11:11 AM
FYI: Michael Barry is no longer with Disney (See above list of mailing addresses.)

DoodleDuck: I'm really trying to follow your example. I'm kinda confused what the problem is with the way we've been covering press events at MousePlanet. There are a lot of people who work here, not just Al. Also, Al isn't the only columnist who doesn't post here. We're all trying to share the responsibilities for keeping the website going. I don't see this as a forum to debate how MousePlanet operates.... I could go on and on, but I think I'll save myself the time.

Adrienne K