PDA

View Full Version : What's the best thing you ever bought at DL?

Pages : [1] 2

CarlieB
07-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Not sure about mine - I got a pretty cool book during the 45th Birthday celebrations with nice photos:)

I've always regretted not getting the soft toy Mayor from the Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise last year. I picked him up, put him down, picked him up again...and didn't buy him:rolleyes:

whozdabomb2003
07-21-2003, 02:50 PM
I don't know. I just pick up little things though. I would love to get a book there that has the history of disneyland and has tons of photos though. When i go next week, I'll look to see if i can find one!:cool:

tod
07-21-2003, 03:07 PM
A deck of cards.

I bought it at Merlin's Magic Shop in Fantasyland in the mid-'60s. I could riffle it right in front of your eyes, and you could see that the cards were all different -- same as any deck of cards -- but if I riffled it and told you to pick a card, wherever you stuick your finger you'd hit the Ace of Hearts!

I loved that deck.

--T
amateur magician in my spare time
which is about six hours a week

YellowMan
07-21-2003, 03:32 PM
I've never really bought much stuff at DLR, but I suppose it would have to be some old magic trick kits that I bought at the Main Street Magic Shop when I was about 10. Those things seemed so cool!

Gemini Cricket
07-21-2003, 03:37 PM
I loved those Disneyland Forever CDs. But they were discontinued. (Nothing is forever, I guess.) :D

DisneyFan25863
07-21-2003, 03:43 PM
I would have to say this really cool poster with Walt walking into the castle. The title "The man who started it all". It's really nice and was only $10!

Niwel
07-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Guest of Honor Nametag
Cinderella and Mary Poppins "Shoes"
Splash Mountain and Hitchhiking Ghost MBBP
My black lined jacket (on sale with AP special last year)
Mary Poppins umbrella pin

AND best of all -- My Captain EO visor that lights up :) but no longer works :(

TDBearGrrl
07-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Dittos on the Guest of Honor Name Tag.
Also my new Princess Baseball cap. :D

Not Afraid
07-21-2003, 03:51 PM
My Sleeping Beauty "book" jewel box (you put your weed in there)

My plush Vampire Teddybear

My LE Dumbo watch

"Nine Old Men" and "Nickel Tour" books

A Fez. :fez:

Mitchwebb
07-21-2003, 05:13 PM
My four year olds favorite Disneyland buy (and she has a few) was a $3 coloring book with all the characters on various rides. She has colored every page and still goes back to explain the rides to anyone that will listen.

Mine is my "Day at Disneyland" video.

SoCalSnowWhite
07-21-2003, 07:00 PM
The Disneyland Monorail! I'm so happy we decided to buy it because now they only sell the WDW one.

miss bianca
07-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Niwel

Cinderella and Mary Poppins "Shoes"
Splash Mountain and Hitchhiking Ghost MBBP

I've been meaning to ask with does MBBP stand for?

And a little off topic but in regards to the shoes have you ever seen "Just The Right Shoe". They are miniature shoes (not Disney) from which Disney has knocked off ???

Thanks
șoș

:)

Niwel
07-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
I've been meaning to ask with does MBBP stand for?

And a little off topic but in regards to the shoes have you ever seen "Just The Right Shoe". They are miniature shoes (not Disney) from which Disney has knocked off ???

Thanks
șoș

:)
MBBP is Mini Bean Bag Plush -- Disney's version of Beaniie Babies. And yes, I have seen the "knock-off" shoes at the Museum Company -- I think Disney's are much cuter :fez:

winniepooh
07-21-2003, 10:49 PM
My map of Disneyland. I have framed it, the only thing that bugs me is that it is sold folded instead of rolled..
My Princess cap
My WDCC figurines
:D

Morrigoon
07-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
My Sleeping Beauty "book" jewel box :fez:
NA: You bought that? I'm insane with jealousy! I LOVE that thing! (Though I wish it was actually a full-color storybook)

For me, it is THE COOLEST TOY - EVER© (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9212)

jazzjunkie
07-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Sounds lame, but I squealed when I saw those waltzing plastic Prince/Princess wind-ups... Just made me happy :) Sometimes I wind them up just to watch em and think of parades.

heidiwhr
07-22-2003, 05:21 AM
I didn't buy it there, and my hubby (who gave it to me) probably didn't either, but I did GET (or receive) it there: My wonderful engagement ring/wedding set! Hubby gave it to me while proposing at the Blue Bayou several years ago. While not officially Disney, it is by far the best souvenir I ever came home with!

stinkerbell
07-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Several of my favorite souvenirs are still asleep. ;) My daughters were destined for Disney dorkdom and haven't let me down. :geek:

I love my Guest of Honor badges-- I have a stinkerbell one and a Taffy one. Both get quite a bit of attention......especially when I go there with my friend "Buffy."

I love the pictorial souvenir books. I collect the old ones from ebay and we have the last two that Disneyland put out for the girls. They always keep them in the car to look at.

And we love all the Princess castles and the Disneyland castle and train set. We bought several of them at Disneyland and the rest when they started selling them at the DS. I think the Jasmine's oasis one is the coolest to look at and the B&B one is the best to play with, with the little magnet in the bottom, so you can make Belle dance all over the place...... :geek: I need a life.

dsnylndmom
07-22-2003, 09:21 AM
My Guest of Honor Badge(do I see a trend here?)

The Villian's poster that my husband went and got framed for me.

My Haunted Mansion Snowglobe

This t-shirt I got like 6 years ago and still wear! It has a big heart on it with the saying "left it in disneyland" I love it.

Also, not at the park but at the charcater warehouse this trip I bought all the Paradise Pier ride toys(except Screamin')there's 4 of them and I got them all for $20! I'm getting Screamin' in October and then I'm setting it all up under the Christmas Tree from Santa this year!!! I'm so excited! LOL

Also, what I'd like to buy is the Castle toy Morrigoon is talking about, the Haunted Mansion toy and the Monorail!

Tina

Pirate Girl
07-22-2003, 09:28 AM
My Annual Pass and my Guest of Honor Badge!

MOUSELUVR
07-22-2003, 10:14 AM
My black Princess baseball cap and pink Princess jacket...

My daughters are their sweatshirts which were sold one New Years Eve 1999 and their pins that have 1999/2000 on the same pin which they got when we were there for New Years Eve 1999.

dgdisney
07-22-2003, 10:59 AM
My Mickey Mouse watch with the red leather strap - it is on almost 24 hours a day. My dad bought me the "dressy" Mickey Mouse gold and silver strap watch for special occasions:D

I would have said my Disney figurine collection but I made the mistake of letting the girls play with them and needless to say the collection is on the headless side these days - no future ebay sales for me!

millionairegirl
07-22-2003, 12:09 PM
My huge Matterhorn Attraction poster! I got it framed, and it looks awesome.

danyoung
07-22-2003, 12:11 PM
While I had fun running over the many memories of things purchased over the years, strangely the purchase that holds the most nostalgia is the classic balloons - the ones that are a Mickey head shaped balloon inside a see through round balloon. It was just such magic as a kid to see this thing in my room for days, gradually shrivelling up into a tiny chunk of rubber, and realizing that yes, I WAS just there days ago! Ahh, to be a kid again . . . . .

Silrandil
07-22-2003, 12:14 PM
My large pink princess minnie hat, I make all my friends wear it when I take them for their birthdays

My haunted mansion dune buggie figurine with the ghost that glows in the dark