PDA

View Full Version : Please post current crowds in Cars Land and Buena Vista Street areas here:

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mom2
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I admit, I knew it would be crowded today, but I was pretty surprised to see the photos of total grid lock of Cars Land online. It looked like the crowds leaving World of Color or Fantasmic. Apparently people were waiting in line for up to 6 hours to ride RSR.

Could we keep an ongoing thread here for the next few weeks to give people an idea of how busy the park is? On a scale of 1-10, with today being an estimated 20! I thought it might help those who are planning to visit over the summer so they can have some idea on what to expect, perhaps to see if there is any trend in the busier crowd times or days of the week. Obviously Cars Land is going to be a full house for a while with so many thousands of people wanting to see. Personally I would be happy just to see BVS, to be able to check out the stores, shopping, perhaps ride the trolley and then maybe get a peek at Cars Land at night to see the neon and maybe have a snack.

So if you go to DCA over the next few weeks, would you post and give us an idea of how the crowds are and about what time you were there? I know that it can change from hour to hour. It would be nice to see if a pattern emerges where DCA might be a bit slower, say a 5 instead of a 10 on a Thursday (as Disneyland if often less busy on a Thursday) Okay I know I am dreaming here!

But honestly I had planned to go this coming Tuesday and I think I will wait to hear how things are looking, the first few weeks are quite possibly going to be continued madness. I just dont want to find even BVS total gridlock of people, like when thousands of people are waiting for the fireworks. I am wondering how hard it will be to get in and out of the stores even, my imagination is going crazy wondering how bad it is there as I have not even seen or heard any posts about BVS.

I hope you all think this is a good idea.

Midway Mel
06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
From what I hear and what they are expecting today wasn't a "20" believe it or not. The 2 worst days are expected to be the next two Sundays as they are the last weekend days of the summer where the SoCal passes are not blocked out. (Tomorrow's suppose to be worse than today too!)

So I'd call today a "16-17"

Mom2
06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
I would expect that this Sunday in particular might be very busy due to it being Fathers Day as well. So those who do not like the crowds should probably stay away. The perfect thing to do with Dad on Fathers Day, go visit Cars Land, a very family oriented jaunt not to mention racing cars, what more could a Dad want? :)

Kuzcofan
06-15-2012, 10:40 PM
We got to Disneyland at about 6:00pm. Drove right into M&F parking, no waiting just a few cars. Parked on Goofy level, lots of spaces. Got right on a tram, first tram that came up, no waiting. walked right into DCA again no long lines about 5-6 people only. Walked down BVS to Carsland. Carsland was busy but we were able to walk and see quite a bit, stores had small lines to get in about 20 people or less. RSR line was closed because it was a 5 hour wait and that would mean closing time, the other 2 rides were about 90 minute wait. We have passes so we just wanted to look around tonight. We weren't planning on any rides anyway. We walked around paradise pier. TSMM posted a 40 minute wait, but it looked like the line was a lot shorter, probably 20 minutes or so. We then walked over to the merchandise room in Hollywood Land. 2-3 minute wait there then right in. It sounded like only a couple pins were sold out, everything else seemed to be still in stock, could be wrong we were just looking mostly. We did get the postcards with today's stamp on it.
We went to Blue CFellar, no wait and it was neat seeing all the "artifacts" and watching the video of how Mater saved Radiator Springs. Then we went down BVS and looked in the stores, it is nicely done with all the different departments. The decor was all retro we will be spending more time just looking at the decor. No lines at the registers, maybe 1-2 people at most. No line at all at Clarabell's though Starbucks was very busy. Candy counter had a line of about 15 people or so.
We then walked to MadTParty for a little while, the band is great, we really enjoyed the party. We stayed for a few songs then went back to Carsland to see the neon light, it is great at night too. Still a little crowded walking but not horrible. Then we left until another day, I think our timing was great for what we wanted, we got to see lots and we weren't planning on rides this trip anyway, probably when we go for the early morning AP day we will go on the rides. Our impression of DCA 2.0; it is terrific, it really changed the park into something magical for us. Definitely worth going out to see, even if you don't go on the rides.

Mom2
06-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Thank you so much for posting Kuzcofan! This is exactly what I was hoping for. This gives me some hope and encouragement to actualy visit on Tuesday! This is the kind of visit I would be perfectly happy with for now, just enjoying the scenery a bit. The rides are going to be awesome but I can wait for a while to ride them rather than waiting for hours.

Lets keep this going everyone! Maybe this should be posted in Trip Reports? I was not sure.

olegc
06-16-2012, 07:19 AM
if you MUST ride RSR and other rides in Carsland then you MUST be there at opening. Try and get a FP for RSR, head for luigi's first, then RSR. Mater's will have a wait later but much more manageable. The rest of the park will probably be quite average (slightly busy) now that most school districts are out - but for a Tuesday I think it will be good. The overall crowds are just like a busy day - but not monstrous. Carsland will be crowded for a while. As mentioned, the next two sundays (when all passes are good) will be really tough.

Note - some of the stuff in the shops in Carsland is also available in shops on BV Street. Maybe not Luigi's Tire hat, but many of the items in Ramone's are there as well as some of the kids wear.

and if you really need a break from the park - you can always head over to Disneyland (did I just say that? ;-) ).

Teddi
06-16-2012, 10:53 AM
I have a few questions re: WOC.

Wondering if they may be adding 3rd shows like they did in the past (i.e. an 11:15 showing). Also wondering if there have been any changes in fastpass distribution for WOC and/or if they seem to be going faster (or slower). I could see it agrued either way- more people in DCA, more people seeing WOC or Carsland just being the big thing and no big change to WOC demand.

cstephens
06-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I have a few questions re: WOC.

Wondering if they may be adding 3rd shows like they did in the past (i.e. an 11:15 showing).

They added an 11:15 showing last night - Friday. They made announcements during the day about the addition.

Teddi
06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
They added an 11:15 showing last night - Friday. They made announcements during the day about the addition.

For these after closing shows that get added, are you supposed to have a fastpass or do they not worry about it?

candles71
06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
When we arrived to go to DL yesterday morning, they were just letting people in to DCA. Actually walking over we heard fireworks go off and saw the smoke. Right about 8 AM. The line snaked (they made one long snake like line instead of seperate lines for each turnstyle) was all the way to the Monorail track. We heard from 2 different (overheard Matterhorn CM, and talked to waitboard CM) 5 to 6 hour wait for RSR and a wait to enter Carsland. Whoever arrived at 6 above me seems to have hit the right time, because as we were leaving DL at 7:40 to head home there were lines 25/30 people deep to enter DCA.
We used Adrienne's suggestion from the AP event to head to the smaller rides first. We walked on Mater. We then have a 15 minute wait for Luigi's (this may have been a bit more as we did have to wait for a reporter to do her bit after she loaded and before they started the ride.). RSR had a posted time of 30 minutes when we got in line, it was about 55 start to walking off the ride, but it did go down right as we were at the top of the line for a few minutes.
This was thursday, we had tickets to the party. Once we left the party at our designated time of 1:30. We walked on everything else. Walked onto Toy Story (twice), thats right walked on. Posted 5 minute wait. California Screamin' we walked all the way up (twice) and got to the CM who was at the top of the last stairway to the platform, who told us any row we wanted on the left hand side.
I don't think we are talking weeks for this to die down but rather months. When Nemo opened in June (iirc) we went in September, post Labor day low crowds, and there was never shorter than a 2 hour wait for it still. We did the morning dash one morning and waited 45. So I really can't see this dieing down before next year at the earliest.
Oh, and for that matter Matterhorn had a posted 90 minute wait most of the day, Saw it as low as 75 at one point.

tea4two
06-16-2012, 11:56 AM
For these after closing shows that get added, are you supposed to have a fastpass or do they not worry about it?

We heard yesterday that FPs were available for the 3rd show.

bennette
06-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Currently in a fifty minute line for single riders at RSR. Standby is three hours. There were a number of shocked/distressed families trying to argue their way to the front of the line or take a baby (or two, or three) plus a stroller into single rider. Um, no.

Mater's was 20 minutes earlier so we will go back. I didn't check Luigi's.

The vibe is certainly different today. Folks in Carsland are a little frantic or tired .

Buena Vista Street was feeling the love, with a line for the trolley and lots of photos being taken.

Carthay Circle had seats available in the lounge for drinks and food, although at quick glance it seems pretty plain compared to the photos I've seen of the restaurant.

Lots of signs for commemorative merch.

Well, gotta go. We're almost to boarding!

Toocherie
06-16-2012, 07:05 PM
bennette: do you think the difference in the vibe is that during the previews people weren't tuckered out while (presumably) most of the people there today have battled the crowd all day?

If you do RSR again (and use single rider of course) could you try to ask the CM about if someone uses the Single Rider line but wants to use the HCA loading area will they accommodate that?

bennette
06-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Not doing single rider again today, sorry. Seems like they could get you over there. They were handling a ton of GAC's and wheelchair and ECV users today; more on that later.

I absolutely think the vibe had a lot to do with crowds and long waits. I was particularly struck by how many people exiting RSR didn't look all that excited whereas on preview day, people were coming off looking absolutely delighted.

Kuzcofan
06-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Note - some of the stuff in the shops in Carsland is also available in shops on BV Street. Maybe not Luigi's Tire hat, but many of the items in Ramone's are there as well as some of the kids wear.

and if you really need a break from the park - you can always head over to Disneyland (did I just say that? ;-) ).

I did see the tire hat on BVS when I was looking around. Not sure exactly which store but as you enter the park it was on the left side towards the end.

bennette
06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
If you do RSR again (and use single rider of course) could you try to ask the CM about if someone uses the Single Rider line but wants to use the HCA loading area will they accommodate that?

Not doing single rider again today, sorry. Seems like they could get you over there. They were handling a ton of GAC's and wheelchair and ECV users today; more on that later.

Okay, asked my husband this question and we are officially not sure. He didn't see a way to navigate to the HAC platform from where we were but it wasn't really on the top of our list. The fastpass entrance is right there next to single rider and I saw tons of GAC guests using it. I think if you spoke to them there, they should have some suggestions. We can try next week.

And speaking of GAC's, indeed I have never seen so many. GAC's are great and I'm glad they are available; that's not my point. I do want to mention something about the volume of GAC users, however, and current ride access right now. The ride is slammed, obviously. The queue is one of the louder ones in the park, IMO. While the fastpass line moves faster than any other, at around 7:00 when we were there, it wasn't exactly lightning fast. Maybe 25 minutes? If you have a guest who is highly sensitive to noise and long waits, it might be worth holding off a little longer to visit this ride or plan on getting into the park very early. If ou manage to get a fastpass, I'd use it earlier in the day. I saw a young man enter the fast pass line with his father and was immediately concerned that he might not be up for the wait.

Naturally every family knows their situation best but wanted to put that out there.

Oh, and I did check, at 7:30, the wait for Luigi's was ninety minutes. No thanks!

shna
06-18-2012, 10:22 AM
DH is at the park right now (11:20am Monday June 18) - the wait for TSMM is 60 minutes & the wait for Screamin' is 45 minutes. I don't think they're planning on riding anything in Cars Land, but he did mention that FastPasses for RSR were gone before they looked at 10:45am-ish.

shawnman
06-18-2012, 05:34 PM
what's the best plan to use for cars land? everyone is saying get a rsr fast pass first, so that is a given.....
then on to luigis? i was thinking rsr fast pass first for sure, then get in line for rsr's... how are you mp'ers doing it? whats working best for you? ( to experience the whole land ).

abkb76
06-18-2012, 05:45 PM
They gave a game plan, so to speak, on this week's Mouse Planet update.
: )

oregontraveler
06-18-2012, 06:13 PM
They gave a game plan, so to speak, on this week's Mouse Planet update.
: )

Seeing how quick the FP's are going, you might want to keep tabs on return times. RSR appears to be a better experience at night.

I have one other question that I can't find the answer for. Now that CarsLand has opened, how many other points of entry are there?
I think there is one where the beer cart used to be in the Pacific Wharf dining area. (the 'natural bridge arch) Anything that leads into A Bug's Land, maybe a tunnel? (Wikipedia rumor) TIA

olegc
06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
what's the best plan to use for cars land? everyone is saying get a rsr fast pass first, so that is a given.....
then on to luigis? i was thinking rsr fast pass first for sure, then get in line for rsr's... how are you mp'ers doing it? whats working best for you? ( to experience the whole land ).

as mentioned, the Update has a plan - but to post here Luigi's overall throughput is a lot slower. So - in the morning when you first arrive - if you get a FP for RSR and then ride Luigi's you will still wait for RSR if you want to ride right away but it may not be as long of a wait as Luigi's will later. THen use your FP that night. Be advised - FP returns have had long waits of their own, it's not like at DIsneyland where you may wait anywhere from 5 to 15 min.

I have one other question that I can't find the answer for. Now that CarsLand has opened, how many other points of entry are there?
I think there is one where the beer cart used to be in the Pacific Wharf dining area. (the 'natural bridge arch) Anything that leads into A Bug's Land, maybe a tunnel? (Wikipedia rumor) TIA

Yes there is a path to/from Bugsland. just past Francis' I believe. it goes into carsland next to Luigi's and this is also where the Meet and Greets are being held since Route 66 is so crowded.

Drince88
06-18-2012, 06:52 PM
The beer cart is gone??? :(

abkb76
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
The beer cart is gone??? :(
No, the beer cart is still there! Great reward for suffering through crowds if you exit Cars Land to Pacific Wharf ; )

cstephens
06-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes there is a path to/from Bugsland. just past Francis' I believe. it goes into carsland next to Luigi's and this is also where the Meet and Greets are being held since Route 66 is so crowded.

I think the meet-and-greet location may vary depending on how crowded it is. On Friday, Lighting was there for his meet-and-greet because, as you say, Route 66 was just so incredibly crowded that it probably wasn't worth it to try to maneuver the cars through the crowd. We watched as they took Mater off-stage before noon from the Cozy Cone, and that took a while. The Cozy Cone meet-and-greet area was empty for the rest of the day. The upside of that was that we were able to look in the office from that side (which we normally can't do so we're not in other people's pictures) and discovered a few other characters "hiding" under cones. :) On Saturday afternoon, though, I noticed that Lightning was back at the normal meet-and-greet next to the Cozy Cone office.

bumblebeeonarose
06-18-2012, 09:51 PM

There are at least 4 entrances to Carsland. There is the front entrance near Mater's, there is also a road that enters from the Wharf and goes all the way to Bugsland, and there is a small path that leads from Fillmore's to the Ghiradelli shop on the Wharf. You can view the entrance ares on the new map.