PDA

View Full Version : Carsland is not Crowded! At least according to the press!

curtsinore
06-14-2012, 08:01 AM
So I am sitting here watching Disney ABC's Good morning show and they just showed a clip from several days ago. Guess what, it is not Crowded, the feature reporter and his family walked around a empty park doing as they please. And my radio in the garage has a Oregon station morning DJ there and he is not being crushed. So by golly I am packing up the family and headed south, afterall, it is not CROWDED!!!!! How much will unreal press coverage cause uncomfortable packed RS?

Drince88
06-14-2012, 08:06 AM
When did the gates open to those that won contests?

MammaSilva
06-14-2012, 08:08 AM
This morning at 9 I believe. I know multiple padders are there to enjoy today. I will say during the two previews we went to they did a good job on not overcrowding the area but once it opens to the general public I don't see how they can control the numbers. The land is designed with 3 entrance/exit points so lots of ways to just be wall to wall folks. I am so grateful we got to go and really be able to enjoy all the little details that we might have missed on a crowded summer day.

Drince88
06-14-2012, 08:10 AM
This morning at 9 I believe.
Which is like 10 minutes ago, right (making sure my time zone math is correct). I wouldn't expect it to be crowded before they opened to even the contest winners! The press should note that the park is closed to the general public today!

MammaSilva
06-14-2012, 08:16 AM
I just saw the first picture from F1oA of one of DFF4's daughters and one of F1oA's boys on Mater! I looked at their wristband picture and they only have from 9-1:30 inside carsland...that is a bummer but Buena Vista street is prettyh darn amazing too.

3Princesses1Prince
06-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Which is like 10 minutes ago, right (making sure my time zone math is correct). I wouldn't expect it to be crowded before they opened to even the contest winners! The press should note that the park is closed to the general public today!

Yep. And the "clip from a couple of days ago" was a just preview day.

shna
06-14-2012, 09:36 AM
So I am sitting here watching Disney ABC's Good morning show and they just showed a clip from several days ago. Guess what, it is not Crowded, the feature reporter and his family walked around a empty park doing as they please. And my radio in the garage has a Oregon station morning DJ there and he is not being crushed. So by golly I am packing up the family and headed south, afterall, it is not CROWDED!!!!! How much will unreal press coverage cause uncomfortable packed RS?
I hope you're not basing your family's travel plans on crowd levels at an area of the park that hasn't even opened to the public yet. I'm sure tomorrow (6/15) will not be usable in comparisons as a "regular" day, either -- the place will probably be jammed with people who just want to be there because it's the first day.

I'm hoping the area will be merely "really busy" as opposed to "wall-to-wall people" when we go a little later in the month.

Malcon10t
06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
So I am sitting here watching Disney ABC's Good morning show and they just showed a clip from several days ago. Guess what, it is not Crowded, the feature reporter and his family walked around a empty park doing as they please. And my radio in the garage has a Oregon station morning DJ there and he is not being crushed. So by golly I am packing up the family and headed south, afterall, it is not CROWDED!!!!! How much will unreal press coverage cause uncomfortable packed RS?And it opened to the "winners" 1 mins prior to your post...

Tomorrow when it opens to the public will be an all new ball game.

ETA - I just realized he is being sarcastic..

curtsinore
06-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Thank you Mal, I was hoping that you recognized all my posts from the past two months about running in the opposite direction from RS . Kudos to the royal family as she always added a little bit more insight to my post. Though I am still waiting for the press to cover the moment when " Get ready to be Floored!!!!" happens.

bennette
06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
ETA - I just realized he is being sarcastic..

Oh. My sarcasm meter must be broken. This earlier thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?182391-May-Day!-May-Day!-Is-Carsland-opening-in-distress-with-unknown-crowds) about huge crowds led me to think that last sentence was both serious and the primary focus. Or post thirteen in that same thread.

Certainly I hope that anyone planning a trip to a Disney park in the summer time (ever) does their homework and is prepared for crowds and heat. Now that I've had my chance to attend a preview, I'm not planning to be back straightaway, unless it's at a very early hour (ha!).

moofeet
06-14-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm actually here in Carsland (in line for Radiator Springs racers again) right now. Crowd isn't too bad. More press & media more than anything. Line waits are about 20 minutes long. So far I'm having a blast!!

Malcon10t
06-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Certainly I hope that anyone planning a trip to a Disney park in the summer time (ever) does their homework and is prepared for crowds and heat. Now that I've had my chance to attend a preview, I'm not planning to be back straightaway, unless it's at a very early hour (ha!).Hey, you said we had a date for 7/4/12 for Flo's cushioned seats!

bennette
06-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey, you said we had a date for 7/4/12 for Flo's cushioned seats!

Um, yes. As soon as you text me a photo of an empty seat...

Let's say I'm not holding my breath

moofeet
06-14-2012, 12:03 PM
The rest of the park is empty. Either straight walk on or 5 minute waits. I'm loving this!!

The old man
06-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm actually here in Carsland (in line for Radiator Springs racers again) right now. Crowd isn't too bad. More press & media more than anything. Line waits are about 20 minutes long. So far I'm having a blast!!
I'm sorry, but isn't it not crowded because it's not open to the public? Or am I missing something?

bumblebeeonarose
06-14-2012, 07:44 PM
The land is designed with 3 entrance/exit points so lots of ways to just be wall to wall folks.

There are actually 4 entrances. We were there yesterday and they had finally taken all the walls down. It was nice just to be able to see in. There is the main entrance near the FP machines at Bugs Land, there is a large entrance off of the Wharf, and there is an entrance off of Bugsland by Heimlich's. I saw a fourth, smaller, entrance though. You can walk from Ghiradelli's through to Fillmore's. There is a nice little path, deffinately a real entrance. I took a picture of it, but I do not know how to share pictures on the forum. You'll just have to look for it when you go.

bennette
06-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Official survivor of NOT INSANELY CROWDED DCA, the day after it reopened. See my posts in the thread on current wait times in Carsland. My friends will vouch I am the crowd hatingest person around. It was certainly busy and if you went thinking Racers was a walk on, you'd be disappointed, but it really was not too bad.

For those of you who have been wondering how to beat the perpetual 45-minute wait at Toy Story, I would suggest you visit soon. ;)

fairestoneofall
06-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Certainly I hope that anyone planning a trip to a Disney park in the summer time (ever) does their homework and is prepared for crowds and heat. Now that I've had my chance to attend a preview, I'm not planning to be back straightaway, unless it's at a very early hour (ha!).
I guess you didn't stick to this plan, huh? ;)

Um, yes. As soon as you text me a photo of an empty seat...

Let's say I'm not holding my breath
There were many empty seats last night.

I agree with bennette, it was not terribly crowded last night. We arrived around 7pm and closed the park. Our primary focus was photography and shopping. We rode Mater's with a 20 minute wait. RSR was at 2.5 hours, which I don't think is terrible. We had a lovely time taking in the neon extravaganza!

DisneyFunFamily4
06-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Last night was not bad at all! we had a great time (Mater's was SO fun) and we did WoC (first for me the my girls) we loved it. Fairest said this was the least crowded she had ever seen it for WoC. We talked to a CM and she said today is supposed to be crazy with it being opening weekend for Cars Land, fathers day and only the SoCal Select pass is blocked out. She was saying that CM's are going to have to park at Angels stadium today and shuttle to work.

chahn
06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm a big crowd hater too & I don't think it was that bad on Sunday either. Granted, we got to the gates shortly after 7am to find them open already. I saw a line & sent DH to it expecting it was likely for RSR FPs. DD & I went straight to Luigi's & were on the day's first run. We rode again when DH joined us, rode Mater's, then headed to Flo's for breakfast while waiting for our 10am RSR return time. After RSR, we walked through the shops & were done by 11am. The longest line I stood in was 30 min or so at the Cozy Cones to get DD the cone cup she was promised for riding RSR. :) it went very differently for most folks as the RSR line was 270 min when we were there.