PDA

View Full Version : Where's your favorite place to catch 40 winks?

Aurora
07-21-2003, 02:36 AM
The title says it all, where have you taken a nap in DL?

(No cheating!! Hotel rooms dont count! ;) )

TDBearGrrl
07-21-2003, 05:46 AM
In cooler weather I have napped on the train. I also fell asleep on Pirates once, but that was unintentional.

DD

lisap
07-21-2003, 06:53 AM
In a big, overstuffed chair in the lobby of the Grand CA.

MammaSilva
07-21-2003, 06:58 AM
No rock throwing please.... first choice, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, second choice is IASW (I'm a mom I can tune that music right out!)

Uncle Dick
07-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Golden Dreams - The chairs are comfy and it's always empty.

Disneyphile
07-21-2003, 11:37 AM
One time I road the DLRR around for about 2 hours, sleeping off and on the entire time. :D

Dexter
07-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Oh this is going to be ugly, maybe I should find the confessions thread and post it there!

I've fallen asleep on:

The People Mover (BRING IT BACK!)
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
The Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribean
Honey, I Shrunk The Audience

Most of the time it's because I was silly and didn't want to leave the park and thought I could make it through those attractions, didn't happen. Thankfully I haven't been alone during my :ahem: narcoleptic episodes, so I was spared from being humiliated by a CM or fellow guest. Judging by some of the replies in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18386) . I'm not sure I want to know what some of you would do if you happend upon a guest snoozing somewhere, granted there are usually lots to be found in the hub in the evening hours....

DopeyWife
07-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
Pirates of the Caribbean

raider
07-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Me and my wife actually took a nap on one of the benches outside Bonanza Outfitters in Frontier land....its a weird place to fall asleep I know, but we were TIRED!!!!

Rallymonkey23
07-21-2003, 01:23 PM
I know this is hard to imagine. But I have fallen asleep inside of Innoventions. I know, alot of you are thinking, "But there's so much to do in there! How could you fall asleep in a place like that!?" :~D :fez:

It was hot outside ladies and gentlemen. And the air conditioning felt great. I think that's the only time I've spent more than 15 minutes in that place! :D

Morrigoon
07-22-2003, 02:28 AM
Fantasyland benches - the really comfortable ones behind the Matterhorn.

CoasterMatt
07-22-2003, 06:18 AM
Everybody's got a napping place

My favorite is Pirates

Gemini Cricket
07-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Big Thunder Mountain
:D

Pirate Girl
07-22-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by lisap
In a big, overstuffed chair in the lobby of the Grand CA.

Here here! I'm a local, so I don't stay nearby, when it's time to rest, the whole fam heads to the lobby!

I have also slept on the monorail.

Pirate Girl
07-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I know this is hard to imagine. But I have fallen asleep inside of Innoventions. I know, alot of you are thinking, "But there's so much to do in there! How could you fall asleep in a place like that!?" :~D :fez:

It was hot outside ladies and gentlemen. And the air conditioning felt great. I think that's the only time I've spent more than 15 minutes in that place! :D

Actually, with Innoventions, that makes perfect sence. It always puts me to sleep. :fez:

blusilva
07-22-2003, 08:02 PM
There used to be some tables up near the Fantasyland Theatre. It was my favorite nap spot. I'd fall asleep to the sounds of the Abominable Snowman roaring and the woosh of Gadget's Go-Coaster and tick-tock of It's A Small World. It's amazing all the sounds you can hear up there. I don't know if they still have the tables up there or not.

I also like to catch a quick nap on the Mark Twain, if there is a chair or bench open!

disneyfreak168
07-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
Big Thunder Mountain
:D

WHAT?!:eek: :p

TheatreTech
07-22-2003, 09:09 PM
DLRR
Monorail
POTC (it was late and they let my friend and I go about three times)
HM
Splash

Mansion Man
07-23-2003, 12:59 PM
During any hot July, in the numerous trips over the years, I have fallen alseep (or in some cases, passed out--high school years only!) on the following DL rides:

-Pirates
-Mansion
-C. Bear Jam
-Mr. Lincoln
-Monsanto (not hard to do at any time of the year, back then! :D )
-Mission to Mars
-Tiki
-Alice (only in the tunnels; coming out into the blast furnace-like heat between segments was rough!)
-Probably all the other Fantasy Land rides. ;)

Allysen1Derland
07-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Jungle Cruise. ;)

It was late, one Sunday night, and with a bunch of Padders! It was late (like 10:45 p.m.) for me, sadly, so I was out like a light....I don't think anybody even noticed (except that it was unusually quiet! :D )