PDA

View Full Version : Who IS Maynard?

mrfantasmic
07-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Everyone talks about Maynard... but who is he? Someone fill me in!

Morrigoon
07-21-2003, 12:10 AM
Try these links dear:
http://www.maynardhomepage.com/

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11087&highlight=maynard+website

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9469&highlight=maynard+website

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6801&highlight=maynard+website

mrfantasmic
07-21-2003, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Morrigoon... i feel left out. thanks for the links

Merlin
07-21-2003, 07:17 AM
I've always wondered...is pronounced it May-NERD (rhymes with bird) or May-NARD (rhymes with lard)?

merlin

mystycalchyk
07-21-2003, 08:11 AM
I've always said it as 'Maynard' (rhymes with bird)

Not Afraid
07-21-2003, 10:39 AM
He always emphasizes the "nerd" portion of his name when he's hosting HISTA.

May-nerd is a really nice and outrageously strange CM. He is somewhat "famous" to the Disney in-crowd. Maynard is the Disneyland version of our own infamous HTHBellCaptain.

BTW. Neither are outrageously strange in person. They are both very, very nice guys.

DisneyDustin22
07-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Seeing Maynard in action is like seeing Michael Jordan play baasketball live, not everyone gets to see it, but those who do, are the lucky ones. He ceratinly does make your disney experience memorable. Personally, Ive always enjoyed his Tikki performance, but really, you cant compare any of them, because theyre all so unique. He's an attraction himself. Too bad the suits arent as energetic as he.

PurpleDove33
07-21-2003, 01:55 PM
I have gotten to see Maynard in the Tiki room and really enjoyed that, but seeing him on the Jungle Cruise he had me laughing so hard it was great. If you ever do get to see him on the Jungle Cruise, let me advise you make sure your bladder is not full because of the laugh factor. I still have yet to see him in the Haunted Mansion, but who knows some day I will.

PurpleDove33
07-21-2003, 01:58 PM
One more thing, he is one of the nicest CM's and the funnest you can run into at the park.

CEO Andrew
07-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of experiencing Maynard on any attraction. Is there any way I can find out where (and if) he's working on a particular day? Could I ask at City Hall?

pixiepal
07-21-2003, 08:10 PM
I finally got to meet Maynard last April in the HM....he was directing people into the Doom Buggies. When I realized it was him, I said "Hey!! Hi Maynard!!" and he said to me: "I see you have brought your parachute! You might need it!" motioning to my backpack. And then he shined his flashlight on the palm of his hand where he had a little plastic lizard. He gave a goofy little giggle, and then he was off to help the next guest. My husband was all "Huh????????????"
But I thought it was hilarious!

newhdplayer
07-21-2003, 08:22 PM
AstroOrbiter, waiting in line for 45 minutes, we were kept entertained by Maynard reciting the adventures of Captain Bobo in outer space and his encounters with the residents of "the monkey planet".

MammaSilva
07-21-2003, 08:31 PM
It seems no matter 'which' attraction you meet him on.. he's giving 20000 percent of the Disney Magic and is the sweetest most patient person with the "fans" he posed for pics and signed autographs for us our last visit to the park.. and a good friend happened to be at the park and he posed for pics for her to send to Dexter while he was deployed, and remembered it when they saw him recently!

IndyBones
07-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Most guests like him, most cms who work with him, dont.

Morrigoon
07-22-2003, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure it's fair to say MOST cms, though certainly some cms have a problem with him. There are quite a few CMs who get a kick out of working with him. But yeah, some people have some valid "operational" objections. I think that's why he sticks to mostly "show" attractions like Jungle and Tiki or F! guest control - more face time with guests :) I wonder why they don't have him do area greeter?

Maynard really is the sweetest person when you get to know him.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-22-2003, 02:54 PM
My conjecture is that at least a good portion of those CMs who dislike working with Maynard are the ones who just think of DL as a job (and therefore want to get their shifts over with a minimum of cornball), and/or those who envy his innate ability to entertain the guests. I suspect he probably gets along fine with those CMs who are themselves "characters" (e.g., Rod or Johnny at the Coke Corner).

Hmm. Is he qualified on the Monorail? I'd bet he's probably a riot in the cab, and was/would have been even moreso with the old bubble-cabs.

cujosr
07-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by CEO Andrew
Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of experiencing Maynard on any attraction. Is there any way I can find out where (and if) he's working on a particular day? Could I ask at City Hall? Sneak backstage and check his schedule. City hall will not have it. Nor will anybody else for that matter. But his schedule is posted with the master schedule of every other CM in the park. BTW Enter backstage at your own risk. I will not be responsible for you getting kicked out of the park.

ec7k2o
07-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by cujosr
Sneak backstage and check his schedule. City hall will not have it. Nor will anybody else for that matter. But his schedule is posted with the master schedule of every other CM in the park. BTW Enter backstage at your own risk. I will not be responsible for you getting kicked out of the park.

why are you suggesting it then?

tikiboy
07-23-2003, 08:44 PM
I seem to recall some cm's talking about how Disneyland is the show; not one person.

You could debate ad nausem as to whether Maynard adds to, or detracts from the Disneyland show.

But I am with the masses...I find him funny and entertaining.

cujosr
07-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by ec7k2o
why are you suggesting it then? He asked how to find out where maynard is, so I told him, then gave a warning. My peverbial behind is covered.;)

disneydreams
12-28-2003, 10:37 PM
ignore

disneydreams
12-28-2003, 10:37 PM
forget this post