PDA

View Full Version : Where's the statue of Walt?

cdcooper
06-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey fellow Mice! (can I say that?)

I previewed Cars Land/ Buena Vista Street last weekend, and I noticed there isn't the statue of Walt with Mickey on the street. Did I imagine that they were adding a new one? Have they added it since then?

cstephens
06-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I previewed Cars Land/ Buena Vista Street last weekend, and I noticed there isn't the statue of Walt with Mickey on the street. Did I imagine that they were adding a new one? Have they added it since then?

It was there on Saturday but it was covered in a giant gray rectangular box. It was very close to the construction walls in front of Carthay Circle Theatre. I expect the statue was unveiled tonight.

Sailorjedi
06-18-2012, 08:40 AM
I saw it on Saturday. Near Carthay Circle. There's an old fashioned car across the way from the statue

PlayGirlBunny
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
They have a CM taking family pictures with the Statue as well.

SteveK
06-21-2012, 12:52 PM

Here it is. It's at the end of Buena Vista Street, In front of a planter/seating area outside Elias and Co.

sjhanksaz
06-23-2012, 09:32 AM

Here it is. It's at the end of Buena Vista Street, In front of a planter/seating area outside Elias and Co.

Thanks for sharing the photo. Looks like a great statue.

houseofmouse
06-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Is this one as popular as the Partners Statue in DL? We can hardly get near the one in DL anymore as it is always crawling with people taking pics and Photopass.
When we were just in WDW's Magic Kingdom,it was the same issue. Too many people and not enough room to take pics and I am not one to stand in a line 25 people deep to get a pic in front.

cstephens
06-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Is this one as popular as the Partners Statue in DL? We can hardly get near the one in DL anymore as it is always crawling with people taking pics and Photopass.
When we were just in WDW's Magic Kingdom,it was the same issue. Too many people and not enough room to take pics and I am not one to stand in a line 25 people deep to get a pic in front.

It's pretty popular from the times we've seen, but since it's only been unveiled for a week, I expect it'll be popular for a while. I've seen quite a line of people waiting for a picture. It's a really terrific sculpture - I love the details. I also really like that it's at ground level. With the Partners statue, it's hard to take a picture "with" it. With this one, you stand right next to Mickey and Walt, and you can compare how tall you are compared to Walt! We were fortunate to have gotten a picture at the sculpture during the Thursday preview party. I really love that picture with our friends - I'm going to have to steal that picture from a friend's FB.