PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass+ Pricing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Teddi
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM
The new PhotoPass+ is supposed to rollout with the re-launch on the 15th, but I'm wondering if the prices have been published and/or are increasing very much?

3Princesses1Prince
06-13-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/dlrphotopassplus.aspx

currence
06-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Wow - that's a great price! I normally only buy the photo CDs when we have also been to WDW, but I may need to reconsider and start buying them for our semi-annual birthday meals. We almost always talk ourselves into buying the photo packages for that meal and that's 1/2 the price right there.

3Princesses1Prince
06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Wow - that's a great price! I normally only buy the photo CDs when we have also been to WDW, but I may need to reconsider and start buying them for our semi-annual birthday meals. We almost always talk ourselves into buying the photo packages for that meal and that's 1/2 the price right there.

The pricing in WDW is $199, I think there's at $169 preorder.

currence
06-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Yes, I assumed that the WDW price was higher. I wonder if we will be able to double dip WDW and DL pictures at the DL price with this package? Probably not!

3Princesses1Prince
06-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Yes, I assumed that the WDW price was higher. I wonder if we will be able to double dip WDW and DL pictures at the DL price with this package? Probably not!
They already closed that loophole a year ago. Also the photo pass plus card is only good for 14 days. At least for WDW, but I assume for DL too.

currence
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
They already closed that loophole a year ago. Also the photo pass plus card is only good for 14 days. At least for WDW, but I assume for DL too.

Did they? I know it worked May/June 2011 which was the last time we went to WDW. I have a birthday in early Aug that I am considering using this for and a WDW trip that I helped plan for late Aug. I doubt they will spend the money on their own photopass CD so if they take any pictures I will find out if the double dip still works in any way. If it doesn't, no harm done.

Even with the shorter window for the dining/attraction photos, based on the Q&A on their facebook page it seems that "regular" photopass photos will also be put in the plus CD as long as they are in your account when you order the CD.

3Princesses1Prince
06-14-2012, 01:36 PM
I believe that's around when people started reporting that it didn't work.

JazzyHeffa
06-16-2012, 06:44 AM
3 Princesses you have the best info, everywhere I look your posts are dead on you are so helpful! Thanks!!

3Princesses1Prince
06-16-2012, 08:32 PM
3 Princesses you have the best info, everywhere I look your posts are dead on you are so helpful! Thanks!!

Thanks!

TTFN92
06-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Bummer! Wish I'd have known this before we got here.

going2disneyAZ
06-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I have read the info on the link several times but still have questions. Has anyone here used this?

I am particularly interested in the digital attraction photos. Is there a limit to how many can be ordered?

3Princesses1Prince
06-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I have read the info on the link several times but still have questions. Has anyone here used this?

I am particularly interested in the digital attraction photos. Is there a limit to how many can be ordered?

This is brand new (as in a couple days) so I don't know if anyone has used it yet. I am unaware of a limit to how many ride photos can be added to the CD. I haven't looked into which ride photos can be added and which can't.

Sailorjedi
06-17-2012, 12:30 PM
There shouldn't be a limit. I had 10 added (for my WDW Photopass+). There were 3 of us that went so for Buzz Lightyear, we were in different cars.

Ferb
06-17-2012, 10:27 PM

No, you can get one every time you ride during the 14day period of use on the PhotoPass Plus card. If you ride Splash Mountain 15 times in the same day you can get all 15 ride photos on the card. No problem. Ride it 200 times in the 14 day period, still fine. It is unlimited as long as within the 14 day period.

Bummer! Wish I'd have known this before we got here.

If you are still there you can go to the photoshops, or character meal locations other thans Storytellers and get this, but only start collecting the Plus stuff, BBB, meal and ride photos, when you have the Plus card in hand. When home you can add photos from regular PhotoPass cards to your account as well to get them on the same CD or other products. The 30 days to edit and order still applies as normal with both or either product.

The PhotoPass Plus card is good for only 14 days from the first day of use, or the day of purchase when bought in a resort. So if you go to DL and WDW in the 14 day period it should work, but you may pay the higher WDW price. Disney has published information that implies this is correct but it will be a bit before anyone can test it out.

going2disneyAZ
07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Ok, I got the photopass plus card in the mail. I understand that I need to redeem at a photoshop. is there a location outside the gates that I can do this so i don't need to do it the day we first enter the parks?

currence
07-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't think so. I think it is just at the photo centers inside the park.

MammaSilva
07-07-2012, 08:42 PM
You don't want to redeem it before you are IN the parks, your 14 day 'fuse' starts the day you trade the voucher for the photopass + card/lanyard. At DCA the photo center is right at the front of the park just to the right as you come down Buena Vista Street. I can't remember the name of the store but it is just past the fruit stand on your right. At Disneyland the photo shop is on the corner across from Coke Corner, next to the Little Red Wagon (corn dogs). You can take photos on a regular photo pass card to be added to the account for the CD before you pick up the plus card but not ride photos or character meals.

Mermaid
07-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Wow- just saw this, pretty cool- totally going to do this for K's first trip in Dec!

mowsluver
07-08-2012, 08:27 AM
So, if we go tomorrow, we can go to the photoshop and buy one of the passes there? That is where I am a little confused. We DON'T have to order one and get it mailed to us?
We have reservations for the character breakfast, will there be a person there taking pics?
Thanks

3Princesses1Prince
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
So, if we go tomorrow, we can go to the photoshop and buy one of the passes there? That is where I am a little confused. We DON'T have to order one and get it mailed to us?
We have reservations for the character breakfast, will there be a person there taking pics?
Thanks

I think it's cheaper to buy ahead of time. Im not positive though. You may be able to bring your receipt and pick it up at the park. I didn't even realize they sent them out.

MammaSilva
07-08-2012, 06:10 PM
In the park they are 99.99 for DLR, more for WDW, the price is 69.95 including shipping prepaid in advance they are adamant that you allow 14 days for the voucher to arrive so I don't think you can take a receipt in and trade it for the photo pass + at the parks

AnotherJenny
07-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Buy Early & Save!
Are you a planner that enjoys a good offer? Then order Disney PhotoPass+ online before your trip to save even more on all your Disney photos.

For the Disneyland Resort Pre-Arrival Offer visit**: www.disneyphotopass.com/dlrphotopassplus.aspx

**To take advantage of this offer you must order at least 14 days prior to your vacation. The Disneyland Resort Pre Arrival Disney PhotoPass+ offer can only be redeemed at the Disneyland Resort and is not valid at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass/10150650931518325

ETA: ^ What MammaSilva said.

mowsluver
07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I guess I miss out. We are going tomorrow to celebrate my grandaughter's 5th birthday. Her mom is overseas and I wanted to get all kinds of pics ! But $100 for just the one day (we won't be going back until August) is too much for me.

Sleeping Beauty's mom
07-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I guess I miss out. We are going tomorrow to celebrate my grandaughter's 5th birthday. Her mom is overseas and I wanted to get all kinds of pics ! But $100 for just the one day (we won't be going back until August) is too much for me.

I just want to inject one thing here - in case you didn't know---
the photopass photographer or the CM handler will be glad to take your
picture using your own camera. Granted, it won't have all of the bells,
whistles, and fairy dust, but you will still have pictures to share.