PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Who's going to opening day of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street?

Midway Mel
06-13-2012, 08:36 AM
and how early are you going?

AVP
06-13-2012, 09:04 AM
ME!!!! Tonight!!!!

(Oh, wait, that's probably not the answer you wanted...)

I promise, the *second* I get information about Disney regarding parking and line-up policies for the big camp out, I'll share them here. There are folks who want to see the re-dedication ceremony, people who want to be first into Cars Land, and shoppers who just want to get to the stores as fast as possible. I hope to have detailed instructions for all of you later today.

AVP

cstephens
06-13-2012, 09:07 AM
We'll be there Thursday and Friday. Haven't decided how early we're getting there on Friday yet.

mrsdisney68
06-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Thurs for us!!!!!

carolinakid
06-13-2012, 09:57 AM
September 2013 for me!

Shortpix77
06-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Thursday and Friday :-) Like Mel, haven't decided how early on Friday... a small part of my brain says, "meh, why even go home?" and then the sane part of my brain tells that part of my brain that it's crazy. Out of curiosity, do they ticket/tow people for staying in M&F overnight, or would they just let me leave my car there if I lost my sanity completely and didn't go home after Thursday?

Midway Mel
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Thursday?? Are you folks part of something special to see Cars Land and BV on Thursday? Isn't all of DCA closed that day?

I get off work Thursday night at 11pm and if they let me, I'd probably just sleep in my car in the lot that night. Parking lot slumber party!!

Midway Mel
06-13-2012, 10:50 AM
oh and I am probably going tonight too!!

olegc
06-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Thursday from 12 on (work, dang it). Friday to shop - but starting mid morning..

AVP - I doubt you will get anything until tomorrow concerning Friday. they are too focused on today's launch to give you anything concrete - but they "promise" to get it to you before Friday. 11:59pm thursday is still before Friday.

Midway Mel
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Thursday?? Are you folks part of something special to see Cars Land and BV on Thursday?

nevermind... somehow I didn't see anything about the VIP party. Whew glad I won the preview on the 11th then. Have fun everyone going tomorrow!!

I'm on my way now to say goodbye to all of the DCA fences.

tea4two
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Thursday and Friday for us! Like everyone else, just waiting on last minute info to decide on what time Friday morning... :)

ESS Heckler
06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Friday!
Flying in from Denver after work. Plan to drop my bag at the hotel and head straight to the park and close it down.
Me and the GAZILLION other Disney fans.

fishgal
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Here's what i've heard so far: This is from people who have talked to CM's and posted in a different forum:

I believe the following information is the clearest account we have so far:

Waiting / Line Up

The Official Waiting Area is at the 15 minute Parking Lot. At this time there is no secondary official waiting area.

Disney's Recommended Line Start Time is at 8:30 PM the night before.

Guests however have been calling and will be lining up earlier then this time.

Disney is expecting guests to be bringing equipment to "camp out" and has plans in place.

This line is for specifically DCA's grand opening, not Disneyland (for those who are wanting to get on the refurbished Matterhorn first). This is not considered a Special Event, but a courtesy to let people line up and provide some order to the expected chaos.

Wristbands

At 11:00 PM Disney will begin handing out color wristbands which are in groups of 1,000.

The color wristband guarantees you that specific zone, not numbered place in line. (Different colored bands will meet up at different locations to wait for the entry time)

This is so individuals that do not have the ability to camp out can return to their hotel rooms and will be asked to come back and a pre-determined time set by Disney (this may be 6:00am). These times will be staggered based on the color you are given.

Odds & Ends

There will be bathrooms provided throughout the night and of course guests are responsible for their belongings.

olegc
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
parks blog posted info - http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/for-your-information-guests-planning-to-visit-disney-california-adventure-park-when-it-opens-on-june-15/

kind of a repeat of FishGal's info

but no info on merch plan.

Toocherie
06-14-2012, 09:31 AM
I will not be there today or tomorrow-but admire the dedication of those of you who will be! Have fun!