PDA

View Full Version : RideMax... does it live up to its promise?

DoNutTouCH
07-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Has anyone used the RideMax software and found it actually saved waiting time for the attractions? For around $12, I would gladly use this over fastpass or even incorporate fastpass on a visit.

Or maybe simple knowledge of the park would surpass a software program?:)

Mortimer
07-21-2003, 10:57 AM
I actually just bought the program and we are going next month to D-land Resort. The program does take in consideration for the Fastpass and schedules when you need to go get them. It appears it alows you to overlap multiple Fastpasses. It tells you the exact time when you can get the subseqeunt pass without cheating the system.

The only problem I see so far is its flexibility. The program does not allow for you to choose which rides to go on first. You can not schedule events like parades and shows too but you can schedule two breaks in one day.

This could be a problem if you want to do something out of order or if your heart is set on doing a specific ride first. It appears the program takes rides by the longest wait and schedules them first.

Another thing I see is that you need to get to you first ride by 8:05 to make sure you have the shortest lines througout the day. If you set the same ride schedule starting at 9:05 it adds a ton of time to all the rides in your schedule.

I will try it next month and let you know how our trip went with the software. :cool:

olegc
07-21-2003, 11:56 AM
I have used it for three separate trips. While I did not stick to the letter of the law in terms of oding all the things in the order that it states - I stuck to the spirit of the itinerary. I have four children, one being 3 yrs old, so it's difficult to manage the flow of the day exactly as it states. but - they hints and tips about when to get a fastpass, etc., are great. Also - if you have questions about the software, or theory behind the data model, the software developers are very responsive to email questions. All in all I found it work the small price.

I asked them to start looking at making mods for children - since sometimes the fantasyland rides are listed for riding at 11pm at night - not a usual "wake" time for small kids.

DoNutTouCH
07-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Thx for the info guys... I was just a little curious to the software and wondered if it actually benefited visitors. After reading an article about the program, it seemed worth the money if it would help create an itinerary for the rides and attractions.

But I guess all programs have their bugs and leave room for improvement. Have a great trip mgr!!!