PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Street - Who are the Streetmosphere characters and what are their storie?

KarenW2
06-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Sunday night was our D23 Cars Land Preview Dinner Event. Before dinner, we were able to enjoy the new shops at "Buena Vista Street". What an improvement over the Greetings and other shops that used to be there! We think the Art Deco architecture goes so well with the much improved Main Gates and Hyperion Bridge, instead of the Golden Gate. We love the attention to detail in the bas relief on some of the buildings.

While we were looking around, we came across 4 of the Streetmosphere characters. One was "Molly", a bicycle messenger, trying to find the addresses for the packages she was trying to deliver, as she rode around on her old time bicycle, she was very familiar to us. Her costume was really cute, kind of the thing you'd find in the musical, "Newsies". She did a really good job, sharing her story and we took a photo with her before she left.

The second was kind of a fancy lady, I don't remember what her name was, as well as another lady who had her "dog" with her (a really cute puppet). She was also very familiar to us, we had a good time talking to her and getting our photo taken with her before we left.

The fourth character was a guy, kinda built like Ralph Kramden, who wished us a "Happy Anniversary", as he was walking quickly past us and moved onto somewhere else.

I know there was an article in the Disney Blog a while ago, introducing us to the new characters that will be appearing on BVS, but when I tried their search engine, it was sadly lacking and it didn't come up with it.

Does anyone remember who the people were and what their stories are? We think they're a very fun addition to the park and look forward to interacting with them again - after the summer is over and we return to the park.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on this!!

monkeyboy
06-11-2012, 04:14 AM
The "Disneyland Resort Update" from April 9th has some character information.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/9936/Disneyland_Resort_Update

adriennek
06-11-2012, 06:24 AM
We saw the woman with the dog puppet.

I find people who use real dogs as accessories to be seriously annoying so I admit I had a bad attitude. ;)

Malcon10t
06-11-2012, 07:08 AM
We met Officer Blue yesterday. It was such a riot. I was with my girls on my scooter, having just left Cars Land, when he spots us. He decided I needed a driving test, and took the "cones" I had bought for my nephews and made a driving course!! He had a couple of us manuever it. He was so good. I went to guest relations immediately and left a positive review.

cstephens
06-11-2012, 08:45 AM
We saw the woman with the dog puppet.

I find people who use real dogs as accessories to be seriously annoying so I admit I had a bad attitude. ;)

We saw her too, and she seemed nice, but those puppet things tend to creep me out - I generally try to steer clear of that particular booth in DTD. She came over to say hi, so we were polite, and she told us her dog was named Lady. I said she doesn't look like Lady, and she said, oh, she's not *that* Lady.

We met Officer Blue yesterday.

We met him Saturday night. Or at least we met Officer Clyde Blue. He said his brother was an officer too, Officer Calvin Blue, who worked earlier that day, so we had a discussion about how confusing that could be. He also seemed rather entranced/puzzled/fixated by my hat, and he started asking me questions about it, and at one point, he stopped himself abruptly and ceased whatever it was he was going to ask me. I think my hat might have been tempting him to break character. ;)

He did say that he was in love with the girl on the bicycle, but she didn't seem to return that affection. She really liked my Red Trolley Car conductor Mickey and wanted to know where I got it. I put him on her basket for a minute and said it would be a perfect place for him to look out from while she rode around.

Malcon10t
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
We met him Saturday night. Or at least we met Officer Clyde Blue. He said his brother was an officer too, Officer Calvin Blue, who worked earlier that day, so we had a discussion about how confusing that could be.We met a different officer Blue (on my facebook, pic with Youngest) on Sat and he was fun, but this was a different one, and I did say it was going to be confusing to Guest Relations, adn the only way to describe the one from Sunday was "He was rather large" and the woman at GR said "Oh, I know exactly who you mean". He was FANTASTIC. I am hoping MDM will post our adventure on Youtube, as she did capture it.

Blacksheep Uncle
06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
does anybody if the the Lane Sisters (I think that was the name) going to be streetmosphere performers? Their pictures are all over the inside of FF&P and we couldn't figure out who they are.

oregontraveler
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Last I heard, there were 3 music groups: Trolley Boys, Five & Dime quintet & the Friendly Sisters performing on BV Street. the Friendly Sisters are modeled after The Andrews Sisters .

Toocherie
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
We met the lady with "Lady" yesterday too. I was impressed that her backstory was that she rescued "Lady" from an alleyway where she heard her whimpering one night.

ImDMous
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I've heard that you can get one of the Officers to write you a ticket if you do something egregious. I don't know if that's true because I didn't try, but it would be fun to have a 'ticket' from Disney.

Malcon10t
06-12-2012, 04:55 PM
I've heard that you can get one of the Officers to write you a ticket if you do something egregious. I don't know if that's true because I didn't try, but it would be fun to have a 'ticket' from Disney.I got one on Sunday. I will try to get it from MDM to scan.

bennette
06-12-2012, 05:08 PM
I got one on Sunday. I will try to get it from MDM to scan.

YOU got it? Or SOMEONE in your party?

(Why on earth did I go home early?)

Malcon10t
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM

(Why on earth did I go home early?)I got it...

We had gone to Cars Land, and were coming back. I had bought all the nephews the cone cups and had them in the basket. He spotted me and decided I needed to do a "driving test" and took the cones out of the basket and set up a pattern for me and wheelchair to show off how we could maneuver. He was a riot. MDM laughed, Youngest got embarressed. (Like lying on the street is normal behavior????)

bennette
06-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Youngest got embarressed.

I...what?

MickeyDogMom
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM

(Why on earth did I go home early?)

I have a video of her escapade. It's rather funny. I loved Officer Blue.

Of course my mom could get a ticket in Disneyland (well, DCA to be accurate).

bennette
06-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Of course my mom could get a ticket in Disneyland (well, DCA to be accurate).

Of course she *could*. I was just thinking that someone who has a habit of laying on the street is more likely to get written up by the cops than she is.

Toocherie
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
I've heard that you can get one of the Officers to write you a ticket if you do something egregious. I don't know if that's true because I didn't try, but it would be fun to have a 'ticket' from Disney.

I got one at Hollywood Studios once. (Mis-parking of scooter.)

Julie Mouse
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
We met Officer Blue yesterday. It was such a riot. I was with my girls on my scooter, having just left Cars Land, when he spots us. He decided I needed a driving test, and took the "cones" I had bought for my nephews and made a driving course!! He had a couple of us manuever it. He was so good. I went to guest relations immediately and left a positive review.

I think I was there when that was going on...did there end up being two of you going through the cones? And then he gave each of you a ticket? I was trying to read it and almost asked for a picture of it, but then decided not to bother either of you.

Officer Blue (the larger gentleman) was absolutely hilarious. I watched him interact with several people and he was always funny! The wandering bohemian lady was pretty funny as well, I was sitting on a bench in front of the Nine Old Men tribute and a huge herd of new hires came and gathered around my bench for their lead to tell them about the tribute. When such a large group descended all at once, the bohemian lady came over thrilled, and started chanting "strike, strike, strike" and encouraging them to stand up and demand their rights!

adriennek
06-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I got it...

Ok, but what was the REASON for the ticket? Did you mess up the cone test or something?

The wandering bohemian lady was pretty funny as well, I was sitting on a bench in front of the Nine Old Men tribute and a huge herd of new hires came and gathered around my bench for their lead to tell them about the tribute. When such a large group descended all at once, the bohemian lady came over thrilled, and started chanting "strike, strike, strike" and encouraging them to stand up and demand their rights!

Ok, THAT is HYSTERICAL.

Malcon10t
06-13-2012, 05:14 AM
I think I was there when that was going on...did there end up being two of you going through the cones? And then he gave each of you a ticket? I was trying to read it and almost asked for a picture of it, but then decided not to bother either of you.Yep, that was us!!

Ok, but what was the REASON for the ticket? Did you mess up the cone test or something?Nope, he was just having fun. I will have to look at the ticket to remember what it says. He just checked a bunch of boxes.