PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Walt T-Shirt

Doodle Duck
08-24-2001, 07:16 AM
Just curious...if someone were to go to D-land or DCA wearing a T-shirt that had in large letters front and back:

"Eisner IS The Anti-Walt"

Would they be asked to leave? Or asked to change? Or ignored?
What would be the overall CM reaction? (If any)

What's your 'take'?

Doodle Duck
08-24-2001, 12:23 PM
Duh.
Why did I put this post here? Will some KIND official moderator move it please. Oh, thank you so much.

Doodle Duck
08-24-2001, 02:21 PM
Thank you for moving this thread...now will someone be kind enough to comment...pro or con.

Alex S.
08-24-2001, 03:03 PM
I doubt that much of anything official would happen (though I could be wrong).

I have no idea how cast members would respond.

Bill Catherall
08-24-2001, 03:18 PM
I don't think they can force people to leave based on an opinion you've had printed on a T-shirt. If it had offensive language/images or gang writing then they would probably ask you to either change your shirt or leave.

I'm sure many CMs would find it funny...but they probably wouldn't say anything about it. They'd just laugh back stage.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2001, 03:27 PM
I think wearing that into a Disney park isn't a good idea. It's more of that "bringing reality into the park" that we would like to AVOID. Don't make Disneyland a place to make a statement! It would bring down everyone else's day to see that shirt. The whole mismanagement mess makes me sad.

On another note, I think you'd be asked to change your shirt by a CM supervisor or something. It's like wearing a "Disney sucks" T-shirt. I know you're not attacking the whole company, but Eisner represents Disney at this point. You'd get bugged for sure.

Doodle Duck
08-24-2001, 03:50 PM
Well CadPal, I have no intention of wearing one...nor am I advocating such...The thread is more to take the 'temperature' of the current sensitivity level both on property and off.
I think you're right...you'ld get bugged somehow...but I even wonder how many would even 'get it'...or are paying attention.
I'd be real interested in CM reaction though...it would be mixed on the surface I'm sure...but it probably would be a 'backstage' topic.

More opinions welcome...

Rider
08-24-2001, 05:07 PM
I thought about wearing a shirt to Disneyland:

Mouseplanet.com -
Find out what Disney is REALLY doing!

merlinjones
08-24-2001, 09:41 PM
Two relevant stories:

1) Back when the Treehouse fiasco was fresh, I wore a t-shirt with a large close up photo of John Mills and Dorothy MacGuire (as the Robinsons) all washed up on the beach accompanied by the caption: "HOMELESS. PLEASE HELP!" Most people didn't notice or looked at it quizzically, but those who registered it (including many cast members) were very amused and supportive.

2) I hear tell that a crew member of "Runaway Brain" wore a crew T-shirt to the park featuring the monster/Mickey and security threatened to throw him out for making fun of Mickey in Disneyland - - until it was explained (and confirmed) that this was indeed a then-unreleased company product.

Mr D
08-25-2001, 03:19 AM
I am having a custom silkscreen painted jacket made up about DisneySea that I am taking with me to WDW and it might have on it the words "Oriental Land Company" or just OLC down in the corner. Plus all my luggage will have TDS logos on them from the pics I can download from the website. maybe I could even make a funny cartoon about Godzilla stomping a rollercoaster that has a mousear :D

KarmaKid
08-25-2001, 09:11 AM
Well,

I know that Disney Security will and has in the past made guests change shirts, or even denied them admission into the parks. It's company policy that they can refuse admission to anyone if they want to. I know my brother had on a CM summer shirt that read "I spent my summer in hell at the happiest place on earth." which depicted MIckey as a devil. Security made him change. Oh well...

Karma Kid

Lacrosse Boy
08-25-2001, 09:16 AM
I didn't know you posted over here, Karma Kid!

Doodle Duck
08-25-2001, 09:22 AM
Karma KId: That's the response I would expect from security...I wonder though if someone would have to complain first? Or they just jump on stuff like that?