PDA

View Full Version : Walt in Haunted Mansion?

MagicBeliever
07-19-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before, and it surprises me that I haven't heard any mention of it. Our latest visit to Disneyland left a few people saying that one of the singing heads in the Mansion looks very much like Walt. Is this just a coincidence and a matter of people looking too hard, or is there an actual reference?

tangaroa
07-19-2003, 06:07 PM
It's just a coincidence.

The bust on the far left is that of Thurl Ravenscoft, the lead singer of the Mello-men (the group who sang Grim Grinning Ghosts for the mansion, and also provided various other voices for Disney).

Thurl wore a mustache just like Walt, and I guess there's a little resemblance to Walt. But it's not Walt Disney.

Pirate Girl
07-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Whoa, I don't think he looks like Walt at all!

stitch626
07-19-2003, 09:43 PM
You know, though. Kinda off topic, but in the haunted mansion movie trailer. I swear i see Walt in there..

Edit: I stand corrected. Other people say they've seen Walt in the trailer, too. :D

Pirate Girl
07-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Well, I missed that, but I am pretty freakin' excited about the Haunted Mansion movie!

jerjer2005
07-19-2003, 10:00 PM
getting back to the original topic...

I have a friend that told me that it did look like walt disney... i didnt see the conection but i guess you can mistake it for Walt... I guess its just a similarity and not a reality

HBTiggerFan
07-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by tangaroa
It's just a coincidence.

SNIP

Thurl wore a mustache just like Walt, and I guess there's a little resemblance to Walt. But it's not Walt Disney.

I think this post that I quoted covers that jerjer :)

mrfantasmic
07-19-2003, 11:43 PM
I think in the trailer it's thurl as well

Haldwitten
07-20-2003, 03:00 AM
Just to clear up any confusion... it's not the far left bust that's considered to look like Walt. It's the broken one... the second one from the left that's Thurl/mistaken Walt.

In the HM trailer, that bust must be obviously included in the movie, and so will the speculation that it's supposed to be Walt.

:)

Disneyfan&mom
07-20-2003, 10:06 AM
Everytime we go through the Haunted Mansion, my son says "there's Walt Disney Mom!" when we see the singing statues. I used to try to say I didn't think it was him, but he's decided it's him, so now I just smile...he wants to believe it so who am I to argue?

YellowMan
07-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfan&mom
he wants to believe it so who am I to argue? You want to let your kid go through life believing whatever he wants to whether it's true or not? Fine! Ruin the kid's life.

Of course I'm kidding like always. I run into the same situations (though with my friends as I'm not a parent). My friends will say something about the resort that I, being the geek I am, know is wrong and when I try to explain it to them they say, "Nope! I think I'm right." So I figure if they won't believe the truth, then oh well!