PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Inn & Suites or HoJo?

jrsharp21
07-19-2003, 03:26 PM
I am taking a weekend trip down to the park next weekend and trying to decide where to stay. I am getting about the same rate for the Tropicana Inn & Suites and the Howard Johnson. I am undecided as to where I should stay. I have stayed at the HoJo before and was very pleased. I have never stayed at the Tropicana Inn. I know it is closer to the crosswalk than the HoJo is and last time I was down there it was being remodeled. Any insight or opinions to which one I should choose.

mandi2728
07-19-2003, 06:13 PM
We have stayed at the Tropicana during 3 or our last 4 trips, and I would highly recommend them.
I have never stayed at the Hojo though, so I have nothing to compare it to. To us the hotel is just a place to sleep, we are hardly there, so we may have lower standards LOL!

Darkbeer
07-19-2003, 10:38 PM
I just left the HoJo's after a three day stay, and it was wonderful, great room, good sized, nice property.... decent price...

Write the Director of Marketing at...

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

Tell him Darkbeer referred you, and they will do their best ot make sure you get the type of room you need at a fair price....

julia
07-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi,

Definitely go with the Howard Johnson if the price is the same. The Howard Johnson is a moderate Good Neighbor Hotel and the Tropicana Inn is an economy Good Neighbor property. The difference in the categories is NOT the price, but the service and quality of the resort. I always, always suggest going with the moderate property instead of the economy property if price is the same because you get a lot more for your money!

Have a magical day!

mamatojon
07-20-2003, 02:29 PM
The Tropicana is closer and that is great, but I really disliked how dim the rooms were. I hate staying in a hotel room where you feel like you have to open the curtains in order to see anything clearly, because I hate to have people looking in my room as they walk by. Also, the pool is right in the middle of the parking lot at the Tropicana, the one at the HoJo is much nicer.

Have fun! :)

hefferdude
07-20-2003, 02:57 PM
The Tropicana is undergoing renovation on the front portion of the property. Hojo is completing the complete rebuild of the front pool. ( Their back pool is still open. )Was at DLR three weeks ago. Anybody know how these properties are doing towards completion?:)