PDA

View Full Version : Back From Our DLR Stay

Chip37
07-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Well, having never posted a trip report, this is my 1st so bear with me. Let me start off by saying that flying into John Wayne Airport was very nice as compared to Lax which is huge. We got a taxi which ran about 32.00 plus a tip to get to the Grand Californian. The hotel was very nice. It reminded us a lot of the Wilderness Lodge in WDW only nicer if nothing else, LOCATION. Our room overlooked the monorail in what really was a courtyard of the hotel. I think our room # was 4407. We tried to buy an upgrade to Concierge but it wasn't available for our entire stay. I thought the room was very nice and was very quiet. It wasn't as big as our room at the Disneyland Hotel which we stayed at in Feb. of 2000 but it wasn't cramped by any means. Our check-in was smooth but to my surprise we took our own luggage which wasn't a big deal. The weather was nice our entire stay except for the last couple of days, which seemed to get very hot. The pool I thought was very nice except I thought for the resorts size was on the small size, but still nice. We really liked Storytellers. We thought the food there was really great and always served fresh. WhiteWater Snacks also had really good food. We bought the refillable mugs which I thought were a great deal. The parks were to my surprise not as crowded as we thought they would be.Disneyland of course was always more crowded than DCA. We thought DCA was a very nice park. Soarin was to say the least, FANTASTIC. The water ride I think called GRR was also very good. California Screaming was a blast as well as the Mailboomer. I'm leaving out a lot of the rides and food establishments we ate at and rode on, but again we really had a great time. Believe Fireworks are honestly the best!!!! I only wish WDW Magic Kingdom would change their Fantasy In The Sky to Disneyland's Believe. Disneyland's fireworks are by far Superior to WDW in my opinion!!! I honestly think if 1 can afford the GC, you really should stay here!! It really is a nice hotel and the entrance to DCA and the walk to Disneyland are quite close. My 2nd choice would be the DL Hotel. It's really not that far of a walk. Paradise Pier would be my last choice, only because I think the rooms at the GC and the DL Hotels seem to be more Disney, if you know what I mean. I know I'm leaving out a lot, but if anyone has any ?? just ask and I'll try to answer them. Thanks to everyones advice!!! We really had a great time. Chip.