PDA

View Full Version : Anabella vs. Coast Anaheim?

Melody0112
07-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Any comments on either? I am trying to make a final decision about where to stay in November.

Dlandmom
07-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Sorry, I haven't been to either, but I do know that the Anabella was completely redone/remodeled about 2-3 years ago, if that helps.

PurpleDove33
07-18-2003, 06:02 PM
I have stayed at both. While the Coast Anaheim was called when I stayed there Inn at the park, it was nice and the room I had was kind of small, but since I wasn't in the room that much it was ok. I was at the Annabelle a few weeks ago for the first time and found that it was much better then it was when they were the magic carpet and magic lamp motels. The room we had had a king size bed and in sort of a little alcove, there was a double bed. There was a frige and you were not tripping over the table and chairs. The bathroom was a pretty nice size too. My friend who I was staying with, said they have 3 different layout of rooms. I think one has a day bed along with the other bed. And if you get a downstairs, its kind of cool you have like a private little patio with a table and chairs outside your room. And if you have AAA, they give rates for them.

parveen50
07-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Hi There,

We stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim last year - and found it to be pretty decent.

The service was o.k. - a little slow at times and perfect at others. The pool area is absolutely awesome - and you can get poolside service - lunch, drinks, etc.

I found the rooms to be small though - and the bathroom had only 1 sink. However, they let us check in early (i.e. 12:00 pm) and we requested a higher floor - and then were able to watch the fireworks every night!!

I haven't stayed at the Anabella - but from what I gather - either people love it or they hate it. It has received some really bad news on tripadvisor.com - but again, I haven't stayed there myself.

The only thing I do know (because we strolled past it on our pay to the Paradise Pier Hotel) - is that it is only 3 or 4 storeys high - and it was a former motel, so all the rooms have an "outside" entrance. Also, I believe that they only have 1 restaurant - Coast Anaheim has 3 places to eat - a coffe shop style restaurant, an expensive restaurant - and a little coffee shop where they have fresh Krispy Kreme donouts each morning - and also have very good coffee to go!

daannzzz
07-21-2003, 07:48 AM
I haven't stayed at the Coast Hotel but it is (as stated) a hotel with many stories and interior corridors. I don't recall reading any bad reviews.
I have stayed at the Anabella (many times when it was the Magic Lamp motel) and after the extensive remodel. It is three motels that have been opened into one. It is almost all exterior corridors and there are many different varieties of rooms here. The decore was quite nice though you can see remnants of the old motels here and there. I liked it and it is not a bad walk to the parks.

raider
07-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Melody0112
Any comments on either? I am trying to make a final decision about where to stay in November. I have only stayed at the West Coast Anaheim and i love it. THe pool is great and if you request an upper level parkside room you can watch the fireworks!

canfan
07-21-2003, 11:14 AM
We have stayed at both and really prefer the Coast Anaheim.
We were there in May and had a wonderful stay. The room was alot bigger than the one at the Annabella, and we had a fantastic view of the fireworks. A number of rooms also have balconies.
The pool was fantastic, it was a hit with our six year old.
It is a true hotel so you are able to get room service, or you can pick up food yourself at the cafe. The food was good and after a long day at the park it was nice to relax in the room.
The restaurant at the Annabella wasn't great but the ones next door were good.
I also found this hotel is closer to Disneyland! You and walk out back and over to the parking lot and catch the Tram that runs very frequently, it takes about 5 min. to walk. The ART is good and you are the first stop. The Annabella is the last stop on the route and it is a longer walk by about 5 min.

CarlieB
07-21-2003, 12:48 PM
We've stayed at the Anabella once, and are returning there in November. The reason we're returning is that it was pretty good when we stayed there last time, although I will say I'm a little nervous given some of the negative feedback it has received over time.
However, the rooms are nice, it has a good pool and hot tub area (and another smaller pool for adults), the Tangerine Grill restaurant does good breakfasts and it is a short and pleasant walk to the Parks (you walk about 2 minutes down the road, cross opposite the Convention Centre, catch the tram from the parking lot and you're there). It also helps that we've got a deal for about NZ$60 (US$36) per person per night, including breakfast:D

Melody0112
07-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the information! I have decided for the Coast since it doesn't have any negative reviews - and I did read some pretty negative things around about the Anabella.

Since I am traveling with myself and my daughters (4 &6) I think the cool pool is going to be a hit!

Thanks for all the feedback!

GoldenEars
07-22-2003, 09:29 PM
I would choose the Anabella Hotel, but that's only because I used to work there in reservations! I opened up the property when the renovations were complete back in February 2001, and I stayed there until May 2002.

The hotel has a lot of charm and it's a very relaxed atmosphere, especially for families with kids. With 2 pools, a workout room, laundry facilities, gift shop, hair/nail salon, jacuzzi, room service, and a great place to eat at the Tangerine...you've got it all.

Plus it's right across the street from DCA, so you can walk to the Parks and even Downtown Disney. But they offer shuttle service, if you prefer that instead.

The price range for the rooms are very good, and you have several different room types to choose from. Overall, I think you'd be very happy with the Anabella!:D

Patrick

sleepyjeff
08-15-2003, 10:26 PM
I just have to get this off my chest.

The West Coast Anaheim was the last non-DLR Hotel my family and I stayed at for our yearly trip to Anaheim. We found the hotel to be fine except in one respect and this I will now relate:

Our first night was rather noisy in that a wedding reception lasted well past 4am!!!!-------of course Hotel guests are not allowed to use the pool past 10pm becasue it could disturb other guests:confused:

Our second night was a little better----Some multi-level marketing pep rally took place late that evening and noise only lasted untill about 2am:)

Our third night was a repeat of night one. Loud drunken wedding party(ers) were shouting at each other off and on thru out the night right on to morning.

Every night we called the front desk to complain.....and every night they said they were sorry and would try to keep the noise down( in other words they "handled us")

The real insult came when we checked out. After paying our bill, and tipping the bell person, we waited with our luggage in the lobby for the Airport Bus. It was about 5pm in the afternoon and the bus was not due for another twenty minutes. Our family were the only guests in the lobby. Our kids decided to play a game of simon says with grandma as simon. She thought it would be a good way to keep them occupied so they would not run all over the place. It was working fine. The kids were standing in one spot for several minutes laughing and giggling as kids playing simon says are apt to do.

Two drunk guys from the bar off the lobby complained that they could not hear the game because of all the racket the kids were making......so the manager asked us if we could wait for the bus outside:mad:

So it is my understanding that this hotel has a policy that goes something like this:

DRUNKS DISTURBING FAMILIES AT 4AM.......OK

FAMILIES DISTURBING DRUNKS AT 5PM.......NOT OK!

otherwise this hotel was fine.