PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire Cast Preview- Great!!!

Pages : [1] 2

thamnarestan
08-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Today I attended the Cast Preview for the new Millionaire attraction at DCA. I had a blast! I made it to the hot seat and won a cast exclusive cap, t-shirt, polo shirt and pins.

The concept is great-- everyone in the audience participates by answering the same questions on their gamepads that the person in the hot seat is anwering. Then, when the person in the hot seat leaves, the person with the highest score (determined by correctness and speed) in the audience takes the hot seat.

The host, "Regis: the Next Generation", did well, as well as the actor who placed the technician.

It really was a surreal experience being in the hotseat. All the lights and cameras, the host talking directly to you, etc. And it felt great to say "Final Answer" and have it mean something.

After I missed the 125,000 point question I was rushed offstage and had to fill out paperwork to claim my prizes. Like I said, I had a lot of fun, especially because I was in the hot seat. But I was having fun before I won, and the friends I went with said they had a good time, too. I think it'll be a hit.

WizKidRyan
08-24-2001, 02:56 PM
I wish I could be there opening day as I think Regis will showup, but I have school :(

I am seriously looking forward to this though. Will they allow a person to win multiple times? I ask this because I plan on spending my entire day at the resort playing as I would love the trip to new york city.

Speaking of the trip, and all prizes in general, i'm 17 so therefore technically a minor. I've heard my parents would need to be there to approve that I can claim the prize. If they arent at the resort, is it "legal" for them to drive down to let me claim it? And is the parental consent only for the trip or for all prizes?

thamnarestan
08-24-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan
I wish I could be there opening day as I think Regis will showup, but I have school :(

I am seriously looking forward to this though. Will they allow a person to win multiple times? I ask this because I plan on spending my entire day at the resort playing as I would love the trip to new york city.

Speaking of the trip, and all prizes in general, i'm 17 so therefore technically a minor. I've heard my parents would need to be there to approve that I can claim the prize. If they arent at the resort, is it "legal" for them to drive down to let me claim it? And is the parental consent only for the trip or for all prizes?

I'm also guessing that Regis will make an appearance for opening day. If not, though, he's still part of the preshow video.

For the cast preview, each person is limited to one hot seat appearance per show. However, I believe that guests will be limited to once per day.

Good luck on getting to the million. Trust me, even though it's been dumbed down (or has it?), it still gets very difficult once you pass 32K.

As for the parental issues, those are good questions and unfortunately I don't have that information. I'm sure there are others on this board who are cast members or otherwise "in the know".

WizKidRyan
08-24-2001, 06:48 PM
The late questions are the ones I get right IMO :)
I always screwup on the early ones ;)

Napsto
08-25-2001, 02:56 PM
tat would be cool if regis made it

Nigel2
08-25-2001, 11:20 PM
I don't know if Regis will show up, I have been to the one at Disney MGM Studios, its really cool, but I think in reality they will only have multiple contestants if the current player doesn't make it past 32k, thats how it was when I went. I don't think you need to be 18 to claim the prizes short of the trip since they are just pins, hats, shirts, jackets and so on. Yeah it is a cool attraction, I wonder if its larger than the real studio?

tabacco
08-26-2001, 12:02 AM
I've been several times now (4) in a thus-far fruitless quest to make it into the hotseat. I've been #1 in the rankings several times, but the game kept ending before I got a chance to go down to The Seat. It's really nifty, and the capacity of the place is deceptive. The priority seating line was all the way down the length of the tramway to the first turn and they only took up about half the place.

Napsto
08-26-2001, 12:16 AM
willl it be soft open tomorrow?

DisneylandKid
08-26-2001, 07:52 AM
How do you make it to the hot-seat? Are you randomly picked? If I went, I wouldn't want to go to the hot-seat, just watch and enjoy the show!

tabacco
08-26-2001, 09:52 AM
It will not be soft-open tomorrow. It's in cast previews through the 27th.

You play along with the game, trying to answer questions as quickly as possible from your seat. When they need to fill the hotseat, they pick the person with the best score.

Napsto
08-26-2001, 02:43 PM
lucky cast membos

Nigel2
08-26-2001, 02:56 PM
Gee some of you act like it will only be for CMs, hmmm that would be interesting to see. The way it works for the hotseat selection is just like the real game, a fastest finger round and then the fastest of them all gets to go up. Dont be decieved, eventhough there are contestant seats on the floor like the show is, you are still just as eligible to play, you just dont have a monitor in front of you.

WizKidRyan
08-26-2001, 02:58 PM
Which lucky people get to sit in the front row?

pullmyfinger.com
08-26-2001, 09:17 PM
Went today to cast preview. The Set is just like the real thing, which is cool.

Everyone get to do fastest finger; the person with the quickest time (the time is done to 3 decimal points, so u MUST be fast, though being fast may not get it for you...see below). WHoever has fastest time gets into the hot seat. Everyone in the studio plays along with the hotseat person. If you answer quick enough AND correct, and u r the higest score, then you get into the hot seat. They play 3 hot seats, then game is over.

PROBLEMS:

a) The game is repititious. 3 rounds (hot seats) can get to be quite boring)
b) Being fast is key, BUT, here is a problem: if you know the answer the mili-second it appears up on the screen, answering right then does not usually register. You must WAIT will all answers are seen, which is silly, as I feel smarter people do not always win.
c) If you were lucky enought to have the highest score after the 3rd hot seat, SORRY! You dont get up! I feel the highests score after the 3rd Hot seat should get the 1,000 point level gift prize (a hat).
d) The biggest problem: Children will be BORED to tears with questions such as WHAT IS THE CAPITAL of GUTAMALA.

Another improvementqwould be to eliminate the 100-1000 point game. It slow the whole show down (like it does with the real thing). Just start at 1,000.

Also, if a person is at, lets say, 32,000, and he is thinking of answer, say D, and he says this out loud, the audience will sometimes MOAN. The person reconsiders, then answers right. This is not good and makes the game less challenging and boring.

Let me add that, I got all answers coorect and answeres as FAST as humanly possible, and still didnt make the top 20. Either computer is not working or this is ONE incredibly competitive game.

Finally, the phone a friend is kind of amusing, BUT, I am wondering how real it is. If you want to phone a friend, the have something called PHONE A COMPLETE STRANGER. They say that the randomly ring a phone within DCA and a host picks up, then hands the phone to the first person that walks buy. A good concept, THOUGH, my call sounded a bit STAGED like it was coming from the production booth or something. Can anyone confirm how legitimate this is? Are they REALLY calling someone within the park? If yes, where is this phone (perhaps in MILLIONAIRE CUE?).

Overall, not bad, not great, a bit mundane and repetitive. Another slice of mediocirty added to Disney's most mediocre park.

ANd, PLEASE, do not say I am attacking the park. I LOVE MANY DISNEY PARKS, including Disneyland, Epcot and MGM and TDS makes DCA look so pathetic it is sad, especially considering that DCA is built next to the GREATEST theme park in the world!

GO A's!!

JRob2k1
08-26-2001, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by pullmyfinger.com
Can anyone confirm how legitimate this is? Are they REALLY calling someone within the park? If yes, where is this phone (perhaps in MILLIONAIRE CUE?).

Im pretty sure that the "phone a complete stranger" at MGM is done with a phone in the que area and a host picks it up and gives it to the guest waiting for WWTBAM. I would assume it's the same here....

-JRob

thamnarestan
08-26-2001, 10:07 PM

Finally, the phone a friend is kind of amusing, BUT, I am wondering how real it is. If you want to phone a friend, the have something called PHONE A COMPLETE STRANGER. They say that the randomly ring a phone within DCA and a host picks up, then hands the phone to the first person that walks buy. A good concept, THOUGH, my call sounded a bit STAGED like it was coming from the production booth or something. Can anyone confirm how legitimate this is? Are they REALLY calling someone within the park? If yes, where is this phone (perhaps in MILLIONAIRE CUE?).

Well, the call is supposed to go through to the queue area, where an attractions host will always be staged. However, as the attraction isn't yet open to the general public, there is no one in the queue area. When I was in the hot seat they let the phone ring for about 20 seconds then called the DCA guest relations window.

So your "friend" may have been a Guest Relations CM or mabye a Millionaire CM.

In one of the shows I went to a construction worker picked up the phone, which was very entertaining. It took him ten seconds just to give his name, then, when asked what month the Hispanic holiday of the Feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe (or something like that), there was about 10 seconds of silence before he said "Uh... I enjoy a good feast from time to time myself! Heh!" The whole studio (well, except for the contestant) was cracking up, including the host.

Run4Beanies
08-26-2001, 11:54 PM
When does Who Wants to be a Millionaire soft-open? I think the official opening is September 14. Does it soft-open on August 28? I want to go to DCA as soon as possible and I am hoping WWTBAM will be open by then. Does Anyone Know?:confused:

thamnarestan
08-27-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Run4Beanies
When does Who Wants to be a Millionaire soft-open? I think the official opening is September 14. Does it soft-open on August 28? I want to go to DCA as soon as possible and I am hoping WWTBAM will be open by then. Does Anyone Know?

It soft-opens Tuesday the 28th. And I think it might better if you refer to it as Millionaire rather than WWTBAM...

pullmyfinger.com
08-27-2001, 11:39 AM
PGWRNTATWTSDCA

or
PLEASE GOD, WE REALLY NEED THIS ATTRACTION TO WORK TO SAVE DCA!

Lani
08-27-2001, 11:50 AM
BORED to tears with questions such as WHAT IS THE CAPITAL of GUTAMALAthe capital of Guatemala is the city of Guatemala. What do I win?? ;)

Trivia. Oh dear... Alex has already warned me that we will now be spending all of our DCA time in this building.

Napsto
08-27-2001, 12:17 PM
have yo been to the onein florida lani?

Alex S.
08-27-2001, 12:21 PM
Napsto: We haven't been. It wasn't there yet when we were there 18 months ago. We're going again in December. I hope everybody doesn't mind when I blow them off to go play trivia games every day.

TRIVIA TRIVIA TRIVIA TRIVIA

pullmyfinger.com
08-27-2001, 12:34 PM
Becasue DCA lacks children stuff, why not make 3-5 shows a day children only shows....that could be cool for the kids, because, as the show stands now, it will BORE kids to tears.

Gandalf
08-27-2001, 12:38 PM
Will they "air" the DCA Millionaire show anywhere else in the Parks? I wonder if that would generate more interest in going in to DCA. Maybe they could strategically place a few monitors around Downtown Disney and show a few minutes at a time of the actual DCA Millionaire contestants competing. Maybe ESPN will let them use them monitors to show a few Millionaire teaser minutes. The DD crowd last night was pretty big even for a Sunday night at 11 p.m.

Nigel2
08-27-2001, 02:31 PM
The reason I said it was only one contestant up to the 32k level was due to the fact that during a recent visit to WDW I did that attraction and the kid got up there and didn't know so he was out and the buzzer went off so the show was over. Also it is definately competive, I think the auditorium holds like 400 people, so think of how many people are there. The front row seats are basically first come first served. I doubt that it will be seen anywhere in the park, possibly they do tape what is seen on the monitors if the person wins the million point level, hmm I wonder what airline you take out to NYC? The basic point of the low level questions at MGM was idiot disney trivia/advertisiment. Like one was for La Nouba.