PDA

View Full Version : OK now I have a question

Lost Boy
07-17-2003, 07:54 PM
I have never tried this so that is why I am asking this.

On Sunday I plan to hang around Downtown Disney for awhile in the morning before heading out to the con. I just found out that Disneyland, in Star Traders, now has the electronic Star Speeder toy. I really don't want to spend some $50 to get into the Park just to go and spend another $25 + for this toy. Does the outside Newstand just by the exit gate still have a deal where you can ask them to get something and then come back later and it will be there? Or do they still have a Shoppers Only thing where you go in to a specific location just to purchase that special something and then leave? I must have this toy and was hoping I could get it Sunday then remembered I don't have an AP anymore and don't want one right now. Nothing really worth going in for right now except this stupid toy. Does anybody know how I can do this?

HELP!!

HBTiggerFan
07-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15951&highlight=shopping+pass) is a thread about the shoppers pass :) They do have it, and it is for an hour.

DopeyWife
07-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Wow, that was pretty interesting. Didn't know that you could do that.

crc9998
07-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Wow, that was pretty interesting. Didn't know that you could do that.

I did not know that either...that is cool!

Lost Boy
07-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Thank you very much. I will try that this Sunday and see what transpires.:D

jerjer2005
07-18-2003, 10:32 PM
yes the newstand will set you on your way to star wars bliss

Lost Boy
07-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Just to let all who helped with infor, the Shopper Pass worked just fine. I got my Starspeeder 3000 along with a die cast Parade Vehicle from Florida and two of the new Star Tours Action Figures. I was in and out and a leisurly pace with a stop in Disneyand on Main Street in about 40 minuets. Not my favorite way and the shorest time I have ever been in Disneyland, but at least I was in it! Thank again for the help.
:D

mel g
07-21-2003, 10:06 AM
I have to ask, not for me but for my star wars lovin hubby, what are the 2 new action figures?

Thanks!
Mel :)

Lost Boy
07-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Two of them are variations of the R2 droids and the third is some wierd looking bird-like droid with helecopter-like blades above mounted on his back. I have never seen this droid in the queue line or droid area, but who knows, it may be on the very bottom of the droid pit or shown somewhere in the ride for a split second. I am sorry I didn't write the names down but I think if you look on Mouse Shoppe they have them with pictures.

The Star Speeder 3000 is a plastic model with wheels on the bottom that can't be seen is it's sitting on the grounds. There is R2-D2 in the top corner just like the one in the Queue line. If you push down on him he beeps. Under the vehicle is a door for 3 AA batteries (which it comes with) and a pull tab for full use. There are 3 doors on each side and the center section of the roof is removable. There is a small Capt Rex on a peg at the front of the passenger cabin that can be removed, but his is in the wrong location (I guess to facilitate removal). On the back are two largish square buttons.

The top buttons open the doors (by spring loaded moving lock bars) and the lights (and they are about 6 and they are very bright and a yellowish color) come on inside and Rex welcomes you on board. The right button opens the exit doors and the left button opens the load doors, but Rex welcomes you on board no matter which button is pushed. The lower left button has Rex yelling "Light Speed" and the sound of light speed rockets with the front two pylons flashing red lights at the tips of each. The lower right button produces a low level enging hum for normal space travel. It's $20 and is about 6 or 7 inches long and 2 inches high and between 3 and 4 inches wide. It's kind of neat, but it is a plastic toy, not a die cast model.

Lost Boy
07-23-2003, 07:55 AM
I just found out that the wierd bird-like droid figure is from Star Tours in WDW and came from the Tokyo DL version of Star Tours. I keep forgetting there are two other versions of the attraction. Three if Paris has one, but I am not sure about that.

mel g
07-23-2003, 10:27 AM
thanks for the reply, lost boy. excellent descriptions!!!
mel :)