PDA

View Full Version : Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop opening?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SigalTchelet
05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Just curious if this is going to open the day of Carsland opening or possibly sooner? My bff is going next week and I was hoping she'd bring me back a souvenir. Can't wait to go myself one of these days! AVP, do you know the opening date? I did not see anything in the DLR update. Thanks!

AVP
05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Just curious if this is going to open the day of Carsland opening or possibly sooner? My bff is going next week and I was hoping she'd bring me back a souvenir. Can't wait to go myself one of these days! AVP, do you know the opening date? I did not see anything in the DLR update. Thanks!Our original information was that the restaurant would soft-open tomorrow, and then officially open with an ice cream social on June 5th. I know they're doing cast member previews today, but that the ice cream social has been moved to June 7th. As soon as I have anything official, I'll add it to the information already in the Update.

Edited to add: and now it's official (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/first-look-ghirardelli-soda-fountain-chocolate-shop-at-disney-california-adventure-park/): June 7th.

Adrienne

SigalTchelet
05-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Thank you! I will let her know! :D:D:D

fairestoneofall
05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I'll be there.

SigalTchelet
05-31-2012, 04:02 PM
I'll be there.

Lucky you!

KarenW2
06-01-2012, 02:27 AM
Would that be a SOFT SERVE opening by any chance??

Looking forward to the new place!

Ferb
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Would that be a SOFT SERVE opening by any chance??
!

It was opened today.

fishgal
06-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Was open today as well. Lots of people inside but no wait to order, just a wait to pick up your ice cream. Less than five minutes to receive your order.

tea4two
06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know if there is any Disney/DCA specific merchandise for sale at this Ghirardelli? We went on Sunday night when it was pretty crowded, so there wasn't a chance to really look at the souvenirs. It looked like the only things for sale, other than ice cream, were bags and boxes of chocolates. But I didn't see whether it said Disney anywhere on them.

SigalTchelet
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks for checking it out, Mary. Shelley is going to look for me. If she doesn't see a pin or key chain, I will see if she can get something with Carsland on it.

Ferb
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
It looked like the only things for sale, other than ice cream, were bags and boxes of chocolates. But I didn't see whether it said Disney anywhere on them.

That's all I saw too. Chocolate on every shelf and display counter as well as in my to go cup.

tea4two
06-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I hope they do develop some Disney specific merchandise for Ghirardelli and also for Starbucks. Wouldn't mugs or bearista bears with mouse ears be fun?!

fairestoneofall
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I hope they do develop some Disney specific merchandise for Ghirardelli and also for Starbucks. Wouldn't mugs or bearista bears with mouse ears be fun?!
As a sucker for Disney related mugs...uh, YES!

3Princesses1Prince
06-05-2012, 06:42 PM
My Halloween Barista bear ran off. I don't think I could pass up a Disney Barista Bear. And like Fairest, Im a sucker for Disney mugs. Especially ones that are not super generic.

fishgal
06-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Been in and out a couple times, and there doesn't appear to be anything Disney inside the shop at all. However there is some crazy good ice cream :) Also its set up in such a way that it would be hard to make a purchase of anything not on the menu as the registers are at the front door and the candy is placed throughout inside the store past the registers. Maybe that's why they didn't really load it up with a lot of purchasables?

AVP
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Also its set up in such a way that it would be hard to make a purchase of anything not on the menu as the registers are at the front door and the candy is placed throughout inside the store past the registers. There's actually a register at the end of the shop intended for retail purchases. That's where the chocolate-covered strawberries are hiding. ;o)

AVP

currence
06-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I took my kids last night and due to timing issues they got their free sample, then ice cream cones/cups with sprinkles BEFORE we had a chance to grab dinner. My son declared me to be the "best mommy ever."

I really liked the new setup (though I do still grieve the loss of the flour tortilla). I just wish that they had menus posted more prominently. Is there a menu outside the store? There was a slight line to get in so I focused on getting my clan in line and not looking at a menu, but then I felt in the way once we got inside since I didn't know what I wanted.

corona
06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
This PDF (http://www.ghirardelli.com/sites/default/files/locationsevents/Ghirmenu_March2012.pdf) was lnked at the Disney Parks blog - I have no idea if these are the prices at DCAP

pixar
06-07-2012, 07:40 PM
This PDF (http://www.ghirardelli.com/sites/default/files/locationsevents/Ghirmenu_March2012.pdf) was lnked at the Disney Parks blog - I have no idea if these are the prices at DCAP

I had the Hot Fudge Sundae there last weekend and the price looks about right.

DisneyFunFamily4
06-07-2012, 07:56 PM
There's actually a register at the end of the shop intended for retail purchases. That's where the chocolate-covered strawberries are hiding. ;o)

AVPDarn, we didn't see those... must go back!

I just wish that they had menus posted more prominently. Is there a menu outside the store? There was a slight line to get in so I focused on getting my clan in line and not looking at a menu, but then I felt in the way once we got inside since I didn't know what I wanted.We felt the same way.

tea4two
06-07-2012, 11:36 PM

This PDF is a copy of the menu from DCA. I checked it with the menu we took home, and the prices are the same. Also, we got an AP discount (10%?) on our sundae.

tea4two
06-07-2012, 11:39 PM
...Is there a menu outside the store? There was a slight line to get in so I focused on getting my clan in line and not looking at a menu, but then I felt in the way once we got inside since I didn't know what I wanted.

Last Sunday night there were two CMs with baskets of menus, handing them out. They were next to the CM with the samples. Maybe they are only there at certain times? But it would be helpful if the menu were posted somewhere easily visible.

fairestoneofall
06-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Wednesday there were also CMs outside handing out menus.

Also, I can't remember if it's been previously mentioned in this thread or not, but you cannot use a Disney gift card here.

katierella
06-08-2012, 05:43 AM
I went on Tuesday and they were out of menus. Each register only had one. I just ordered two hot fudge cups. They do need a menu board inside and out. The service was very quick.
Wednesday there were also CMs outside handing out menus

Also, I can't remember if it's been previously mentioned in this thread or not, but you cannot use a Disney gift card here.

Drince88
06-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Wow, that is disappointing. That's how we deal with virtually all our expenses when I visit Disney with a sister (or more).