PDA

View Full Version : Eyewitness News

DisneyBob
07-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Today, I didn't hear anything on the news mentioned about Disneyland's birthday. So, tonight I called Channel 7 and spoke with Dallas Raines (weather) and asked him if he could show a live shot of Disneyland and mention it's birthday in his weather cut-in. Sure enough, at around 6:10 there was a live picture zoomed up on the castle and Dallas wished Disneyland a happy 48th birthday. Did anyone see it?

Lani
07-17-2003, 06:54 PM
That's great, DisneyBob! What a sweet idea. Didn't catch it, since I don't live in town.

DisneyFan25863
07-17-2003, 07:00 PM
I caught it. Very cool ;)

DopeyWife
07-17-2003, 07:01 PM
I didn't see it, but it was cool of him to do that.

crc9998
07-17-2003, 07:20 PM
I did not see it either...but that was really nice of him!

Dlandmom
07-17-2003, 07:32 PM
DisneyBob, how did you get through to Dallas Raines? I've often wondered how to contact the news stations when I think of something that should be in the news. What number do you call? PM me if you don't want to post it...I'm just curious for the future.

disneynut
07-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
DisneyBob, how did you get through to Dallas Raines? I've often wondered how to contact the news stations when I think of something that should be in the news. What number do you call? PM me if you don't want to post it...I'm just curious for the future.

Our ABC channel out of Sacramento has a website that you can contact the different newspeople at. I'd wanted to learn more about a story one of them did and where they got the info. Within a couple of hours of my email, I got a reply from the newscaster I sent my note to. I thought it was pretty cool to get such a quick, personal response like that. Maybe if you checked the website out of the station you're looking for, they'd have a number to contact them at.

PurpleDove33
07-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Well done DisneyBob, I had the news on this morning before I left for the park and was suprised that they didn't mention about DL's BD. I didn't know you could actually talk to the news person. Now I didn't see it because I was still at the park, but at least DL got a quick mention and a happy birthday wish from ABC.

jerjer2005
07-18-2003, 10:34 PM
channel 7 has a tip line its 777-news i think. just watch the news and they will have it on there

DisneyBob
07-19-2003, 08:22 AM
Thats right... The Eyewitness News tipline is 877-777-NEWS. From my understanding though, this is more for breaking news tips.