PDA

View Full Version : Info on cheating the Fastpass system

disNeytEen
07-17-2003, 11:43 AM
In an earlier thread (DL 48=no news) they talked about cheating the fastpass system to get more then one before yours is over. Now we are leaving in less then two days!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaa and we want to cheat the system to help speed up our trip and experince the rides faster since this is our first trip to DL and we want to do it all, know i couldn't really understand the quote about what rides allow that could anyone tell me, but hurry only two days left!!

DisneyFan25863
07-17-2003, 02:51 PM
No.

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-17-2003, 02:55 PM
If someone does know...... Im interested..... email me jsargent1@shaw.ca

Thanks,
John

Bill Catherall
07-17-2003, 03:00 PM
There is no way (that I know of) to "cheat" the system. But there are many tricks involved to help you optimize the system while working with the quirks. With 2 days left it should give you plenty of time to read and reread Darkbeer's comprehensive post on the subject.

The Joy of FastPass - details and secrets (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14736)

dgdisney
07-17-2003, 04:26 PM
disNeytEen --you might want to check out Miceage.com - Kevin Yee recently wrote an article detailing the use and abuse of fastpass. (July 14 - "FastPass Unleashed")

Seems to me that one can end up spending a lot of time collecting fastpasses - I remember trying to collect one at Autopia - of course Autopia was 101 so no fastpass was available - then hightailing it over to Splash Mountain to get the next one - then going to get a Roger Rabitt fast pass (not in the fast pass system)- then back to Autopia to check on the pass situation then back to Splash - you get the drift. Beating the system can be hard on the feet (or great exercise - you chose!).

Anyway good luck and enjoy!

Heatherlee3
07-17-2003, 09:21 PM
If you buy your passes/tickets through a travel agency or AAA you get the bonus of having MULTIPLE FAST PASSES. Which means you can have a pass for as many rides as you want.......1 per ride. :) It made our trip a lot easier :)

Icy Bacon
07-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Now with the possibility of rushing about getting fastpasses and such, I have to say I learned a new way to experience a park that really, really helps me have a more enjoyable time, especially at Disneyland.

Relax... figure you'll get on everything you really want to get on and just spend the day having fun. There is more to Disneyland than fastpass rides, a LOT more so why not just relax and take in a Fantasyland dark ride or something else while you wait for your two hours to come up instead of rushing around collecting fastpasses to a strict schedule? I'm usually the person pushing to get everyone up and at the gates half an hour before opening, but once I finally managed to ease back and casually enjoy the park I found the pain of missing out on a Soarin pass or having to give up on a 100 minute wait on Splash a lot less bothering. You have two days- just relax and experience the park with the ample number of fastpasses that legal use of the system gives you. :)

Morrigoon
07-18-2003, 12:01 AM
The only actual "cheat" I know of (that still works) is one that will get your pass pulled if you are caught at it, so no, I won't tell you.

Just "maximize" your time using the advice in Kevin Yee's column. It's the best you can do. Oh, and on Splash and Indy, don't bother with fastpass, just go single rider - it's way faster. The only caveat being that you have to ride independently.

experiment626
07-18-2003, 08:35 AM
What was mentioned in that post is not necessarily "cheating the system." IMO to cheat you have to lie, to optimize your use of the system does not intail lieing, just knowledge.

The post (if memory serves) pretty much tell you everything you need to know. You can collect mulitple passes by collecting those not networked. You can only have one networked at a time but may have several not networked.

jerjer2005
07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
"cheating" any system in disneyland is reprehensible and deminishes everything Disneyland stands for. look at it this way. utilize the system the way it was made to be utilized. be glad we have the system at all because if it hadnt been imagineered you would be waiting 120 min. for splash mountain. not much time to utilize then is there? just always remember this. if people cheat or get around everything somehow... if disney cant keep people from cheating or getting around somthing and if it creates a problem then they will simply discontiue it.

so heres my advice, show integrity and be honest.

Darkbeer
07-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Please note, my FastPass information is strictly how to use your own admission media (AP, ParkHopper, Passport, etc.) and use the FastPass system to your best advantage. Te system is designed, and is intentional. The slower FastPass attractions are taken off the network, to increase the use of the FastPasses at those attractions.

I know ways to cheat the system (but I DO NOT USE THEM!). I also will not mention those ways in my comments about how to use FastPass to your best advantage!

It was interesting to find out when I checked into the Howard Johnson's a couple of days ago, I was handed a flyer that was based on my comments, and describes those attractions that are networked, and which are not....

So take advantage of the knowledge of which rides are stand alone, and have a great trip!

Gymgirl975
07-19-2003, 06:31 AM
Before I went to Disneyland in March, I read on the messageboards that there was a button to hit on each fast pass machine to give you an "extra" or free pass, but that if you used it, you would be dealt with severely. I totally did not believe that there would just be a button on a fast pass maching, like, "Oh, please, push me and get an extra Fast Pass, but if you do, you're in major trouble!" Really thought, "whatever......" Anyway, told me fiance, we got a big kick out of it, and head for the DLR. When we got there, I DID notice buttons on the machines, told my fiance, and we laughed. We were both convinced that they were some kind of power button or something, and of course didn't touch them, but just thought they were funny that they were there. Then, we headed to Pirates. A guest went to a CM and told him that he dropped one of his FPs into a puddle. The CM came over, looked at the FP in the puddle, HIT THE BACK OF THE BUTTON and a FP came out. My fiance and I looked at each other and just died. We were holding each other with tears streaming down our faces forever, laughing SO hard. I don't get why Disney didn't key the system, that doesn't make any sense at all.

That said, of course we never used that way of getting fast passes.

Think of it like stealing. You're taking something that isn't rightly yours away from someone else, and it really does equate to stealing in my book. Don't do it. :)

IndyBones
07-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Gymgirl975
Before I went to Disneyland in March, I read on the messageboards that there was a button to hit on each fast pass machine to give you an "extra" or free pass, but that if you used it, you would be dealt with severely. I totally did not believe that there would just be a button on a fast pass maching, like, "Oh, please, push me and get an extra Fast Pass, but if you do, you're in major trouble!" Really thought, "whatever......" Anyway, told me fiance, we got a big kick out of it, and head for the DLR. When we got there, I DID notice buttons on the machines, told my fiance, and we laughed. We were both convinced that they were some kind of power button or something, and of course didn't touch them, but just thought they were funny that they were there. Then, we headed to Pirates. A guest went to a CM and told him that he dropped one of his FPs into a puddle. The CM came over, looked at the FP in the puddle, HIT THE BACK OF THE BUTTON and a FP came out. My fiance and I looked at each other and just died. We were holding each other with tears streaming down our faces forever, laughing SO hard. I don't get why Disney didn't key the system, that doesn't make any sense at all.

That said, of course we never used that way of getting fast passes.

Think of it like stealing. You're taking something that isn't rightly yours away from someone else, and it really does equate to stealing in my book. Don't do it. :)

People. Dont cheat. Dont push the button. If I catch you, I will do my utmost to see that your annual pass is revoked. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

And by the way, Disney isnt as stupid as you make them out to be. Theres a tad more to it than just pushing the button. And EVERYTHING is tracked.

Gymgirl975
07-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Not sure if you just quoted my response because it was the latest or not, but just in case you misread, I DID NOT CHEAT the system, have no intention of ever doing so, and will never do so.

I do, however, think it's kinda dumb on Disney's part to have it there, but to each their own.

IndyBones
07-19-2003, 07:17 PM
I read your post, and my response was to the broader reading audience. Hence the "People." It was not directed at you.

Its just that now that you mentioned the button (of course its been mentioned before), one more person will look for it, one more person will try it.

And it isnt stupid of Disney to have it there. Theyre a tad smarter than you make them out to be. And for all you cheaters out there (gymgirl this is not directed at you, so relax), your little loophole of tampering with resort property will soon be closed.

And now I will stop posting on this thread, I dont want to help bring this thread to the top of the list.

YellowMan
07-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Gymgirl975
My fiance and I looked at each other and just died. We were holding each other with tears streaming down our faces forever, laughing SO hard. Man, it sure doesn't take much to make you laugh....hard. It's just a button.

Pirate Girl
07-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by IndyBones
People. Dont cheat. Dont push the button. If I catch you, I will do my utmost to see that your annual pass is revoked. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

Yowzer, remind me not to make you mad IndyBones!

jerjer2005
07-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Im behind Indybones all the way... as i mentioned before cheating any thing at the resort if horrible. I personally like having fastpass around and i take it as a personal offense for someone to misuse it due to the fact that when things are mis-used it can be taken away. and as a paying AP holder at the resort it would effect me greatly to have such a wonderful system discontinued due to foolish people not wanting to wait a lil longer.

donatello3000
07-20-2003, 08:54 AM
A few months ago, a friend of mine pushed the button. Nothing happened. There ya go.

HBTiggerFan
07-20-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
Im behind Indybones all the way... as i mentioned before cheating any thing at the resort if horrible. I personally like having fastpass around and i take it as a personal offense for someone to misuse it due to the fact that when things are mis-used it can be taken away. and as a paying AP holder at the resort it would effect me greatly to have such a wonderful system discontinued due to foolish people not wanting to wait a lil longer.

Well I don't think you have to worry about them stopping the FastPass system because a few people abuse it. If they stopped every system that was being abused they would have stopped the SAP system years ago. Also, why are you taking it personal when people abuse the FP system? It's nothing against you, they don't even know you. And as "a paying AP holder", I would think it would effect you less, since you can go to the parks more than the out of town Hopper holder.

Gymgirl975
07-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Yeah, it was just something that struck us as funny.

I guess it doesn't take much to make us laugh, just that we thought it was urban legend that actually turned out to be true.

I don't think Disney as a whole is stupid, just didn't think that it was the wisest idea to put a button on a machine. Still doesn't make it right that people cheat, but still I stand firm that it would have been a better idea to have the CMS equipped with a key, or code of some sort.

I'm also done with this thread, and going back to some of my other Disney boards. I've posted a few times here, and each time I do I get a less than friendly vibe. I certainly meant no harm with my post, just wanted to share what (I thought) was a funny experience.

innerSpaceman
07-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Excuse me, but how is it cheating to push the button that (sometimes) issues FastPasses?

Is there a panel over the button that has to be opened? Is the button labeled in any way whatsoever? No, the button is completely obvious on the back of the machines. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that it is not to be pressed by guests.

For something to be out-of-bounds for guests, it has to be either physically out-of-bounds or labeled as such. Completely out in the open with no label whatsoever is not a reasonable way to indicate that guests should not touch.

On top of that, the mere fact that the buttons rarely work to issue fast passes indicates that the proper setting of the machines is to disable the buttons - precisely because if they are not so disabled, guests are likely to push them and get fast passes. Simply because some CMs are not diligent in disabling the buttons is not just cause for blaming guests for pushing these unhidden, unlabeled buttons.

DisneyFan25863
07-21-2003, 03:32 PM
I still think that the buttons should have fingerprint sensors in them, so if you press it and you are not a CM, the system will automatically launch you into ROA......but thats just me :~D

Morrigoon
07-22-2003, 02:27 AM
And good CMs who get bumped into fastpass areas will often immediately check every machine to make sure they're disabled.

We're not blind, we know the difference between a bored kid pushing an unlabeled (and frankly, not THAT obvious) button, and a frequent user who's doing his/her all to hide the fact that they're trying to cheat the system. Remember, CMs are APs too (or used to be ;)), we know the tricks.

.....Just remember what's been said above about LOSING YOUR AP IF YOU GET CAUGHT DOING THIS.

You want some FP tips? Here they are, all nice and legal, nothing that will get you in trouble.

Some machines are not networked. Pirates isn't, and possibly HM isn't either. Indy has a single rider line which will get you on faster, as does Splash, so use them.
Gather your fastpasses early in the day - while you can't use them early, you CAN use them late. Keep that fact in mind in the evening when you wonder how the fp line got so long.
APs arrive in the evenings, so the park will continue to crowd up. Plan to see shows or relax in the evening.