PDA

View Full Version : LOL... clueless guests

Pages : [1] 2

Hawkeye Jenny
07-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Speaking of CM stories..I once had a woman come up to me with an unfolded park map and ask "where does it say 'you are here?' "

Then there was the teen who wanted to know if the ducks in the ROA were real. I said 'no, they're wind-ups.' He blinked, said "oh, okay" and walked away. :D

daveinMN
07-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Back in the olden days [1985-1993], when I had an AP, I used to stand near the entrance of CirlcleVision and talk to my best friends that were CM's there. Over and Over and Over again, people would come up and ask ME, the GP person standing right next to the CM, "When is the next show?" I would look over my shoulder at the countdown clock right behind us, the one with the words "Time till Next Show" and shrug my shoulders and say "I don't know". Smart Elecky? Yeesss.

Dave "stuck in MN"

Pirate Girl
07-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Lost guests are fun. I admit, my cousin and I had a little fun with one particularly lost guest. We were on our way to ride space mountain and we were stopped by this particular gentleman (probably because we had GOH badges on) who wanted to know where the matterhorn bobsleds were. We (I am ashamed to say) told him that the fastest way to the matterhorn was to ride the train to the toontown exit and go down the Small World Promenade. And he did it. :fez:

tod
07-19-2003, 12:38 PM
When I was waiting at the Pirates exit for Mrs. t and the little t's I was accosted by several guests asking where the restrooms were. I smiled, pointed with two fingers and sent them there. ("Follow this wall, they're on the left.")

Some jerk (coughcoughNewYorkYankeescapcough) made it as far as the Christmas shop before he asked again.

Go figure.

--T
:fez:
=============
Support our troops! Get them home safely out of harm's way!!

SNL Addict
07-19-2003, 12:55 PM
I was in line for Space Mountain (not fastpass it was like a half hour stand by line) this girl who was very far back in line went underneath the rope and went up to the area where we were. (we were right by the door entering the building) and she asks how long we've been waiting. I dont rewally think she got her answer everyone nearby started yelling "Oh we've been here for three hours" "I've been here since yesterday" the girl gave the dirtiest of looks and ran out of the line.

Pirate Girl
07-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SNL Addict
"Oh we've been here for three hours" "I've been here since yesterday"

Yeah, but if you cut the line.....:fez:

jerjer2005
07-19-2003, 10:22 PM
I think as AP's we should try and be as helpful as we can to out of town guests because that could be us... i always try to be as helpful as possible and if i dont know the answer to the question ill direct them to a CM nearby... comon guys lets share the magic in a more helpful and non devious way

HBTiggerFan
07-19-2003, 10:40 PM
But being devious is so much fun!!!

SNL Addict, that is hillarious! Didn't the girl see the posted wait time?

Have you ever sent some unsuspecting person on the train at the Main St. Station and tell them to get off at the 5th stop for PotC or HM?

tink360
07-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
But being devious is so much fun!!!

SNL Addict, that is hillarious! Didn't the girl see the posted wait time?

Have you ever sent some unsuspecting person on the train at the Main St. Station and tell them to get off at the 5th stop for PotC or HM?

HB tiggerfan, you are really bad.;) :fez:

DonaldDuck14
07-20-2003, 04:04 PM
silly tourists!:p

and for the last time folks, the mountain in California Adventure is not portraying a wolf. ionno how many times i heard that being brought up whenever i ride with tourists.

dad: "wow we get to go through the wolf"
mom: "no hun, i thinks its suppose to be a grizzly bear"
dad: "nope, it looks like a wolf"

...that happened once when i went on the raft ride, and there were more of the same scenarios every so often i go on the ride.

scanmom
07-20-2003, 06:29 PM
it does look more like a wolf than a bear. I think so anyway!:rolleyes:

experiment626
07-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by scanmom
it does look more like a wolf than a bear. I think so anyway!:rolleyes:
The bear looks like a wolf to me too

TruSlack
07-20-2003, 08:39 PM
FwIW, I did hear a tram operator mention (on two sepperate trips) the mountain shape being shaped like a wolf, carved in the grand style of the California Arts and Crafts movement....

-arg

cemeinke
07-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
The bear looks like a wolf to me too

I simply tell out-of-state tourists that it is a wolf - just look

Pirate Girl
07-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
I think as AP's we should try and be as helpful as we can to out of town guests because that could be us... i always try to be as helpful as possible and if i dont know the answer to the question ill direct them to a CM nearby... comon guys lets share the magic in a more helpful and non devious way

That's true jerjer. Even though lost tourists are fun to mass with occationally, for the most part I try and help them out. Because lets face it. On a crowded July day, if you don't know your way around, its very easy to get lost.

Pirate Girl
07-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TruSlack
FwIW, I did hear a tram operator mention (on two sepperate trips) the mountain shape being shaped like a wolf, carved in the grand style of the California Arts and Crafts movement....

-arg
Isn't that a recorded spiel?

Disneyphile
07-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey, it's not just the "tourists" anymore -

When I worked in merchandise at DL in '99, one of our new CMs kept telling people that the plush Cheshire Cat was "Garfield". And somebody once asked her if we carried any Tweety Bird stuff, and she actually ran to the back to check. :rolleyes:

After those instances, I invited her to stay after work with me and I took her on a "tour" and taught her the names of Disney characters.

cstephens
07-21-2003, 11:46 AM
So some of you are saying that you purposely mislead and even lie to people who ask you questions because they're just asking for help? Sure, I've gotten some questions that are kind of weird, and I might even comment on that, but I would never think to get my kicks by playing around with a lost tourist. I think that's grounds for termination in a CM, but I also think that's just outright rude to treat another person that way. Sure, people ask dumb things all the time, but to send them completely out of their way from where they've said they want to go is just outright mean-spirited. I don't think it's an AP's obligation to help anyone and everyone, but I think that simply as a person, it would be nice to be helpful if possible to another person instead of treating them as a toy for your amusement.

Uncle Dick
07-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Isn't that a recorded spiel?
'Tis indeed, but particularly vociferous tram dudes will cancel the recorded spiel and make up one of their own (or, if the recorded spiel is inadvertently terminated, try poorly to approximate the original).

DopeyWife
07-21-2003, 12:19 PM
I don't know if this fits the category. Saturday night, my husband and I were getting our parking ticket at the structure, and in the next lane, some car just zips right through without stopping (it was about 8:30 PM). The CM working at the booth yelled after him, but he didn't stop, and just continued on. So, I guess he ended up getting free parking. I don't know if he was oblivious or did it on purpose.

YellowMan
07-21-2003, 07:22 PM
From the looks of this thread, I think some of you may enjoy this.

http://stupidguesttricks.com/

GeminiAngel
07-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by YellowMan
From the looks of this thread, I think some of you may enjoy this.

http://stupidguesttricks.com/

I don't see too many new posts that often,
I hope this site really catches on!!! It is just too funny.:D

tracilicious
07-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye Jenny
Speaking of CM stories..I once had a woman come up to me with an unfolded park map and ask "where does it say 'you are here?' "

Then there was the teen who wanted to know if the ducks in the ROA were real. I said 'no, they're wind-ups.' He blinked, said "oh, okay" and walked away. :D

funny, i was just reaing mousetales 2 and both those stories are in there. is that just a coincidence or are your stories in the book?

tod
07-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by tracilicious
funny, i was just reaing mousetales 2 and both those stories [offered by Hawkeye Jenny] are in there. is that just a coincidence or are your stories in the book?
I thought her sig line

"We call her Hawkeye because she has the eyes of a hawk! Tis true! She keeps them in a little jar below deck..."
bears a more than passing resemblance to the self-description that horror writer Robert Bloch (1917-1994) gave when people asked him about the terrifying visions his fiction offered:

"I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk."
which he would offer with a self-deprecating grin and a twinkle in his eye.

--T
who has a signed Bloch book that he paid $75 for last year -- and won't part with for ten times that

cujosr
07-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by GeminiAngel
I don't see too many new posts that often,
I hope this site really catches on!!! It is just too funny.:D Yea me too.;)