PDA

View Full Version : Muppets, and Its Tough to Be a Bug FX

DisneyFreak2000
08-23-2001, 08:55 PM
Are there any startling effects (like the mice in Honey...) in these shows?

JRob2k1
08-23-2001, 09:01 PM
Bugs is a very startling show...but thats what makes it good! Very fun, but might be to intense for the younger tykes!!(Lets not get into that whole discussion here...)

Muppets is a lot more tame then Bugs or Honey. And not nearly as intense as the two.

I dont know if I want to give any of the effects away because it really takes away from the ride. Those special suprises are really all the attraction has...All I can say for Bugs, is that when I first when on it at AK and then DCA, I actually felt pain!!!;) If you've been on bugs, you probably know what Im talking about!

If anyone else does add some of the suprises, you better add SPOLIERS to the title foir this thread!!

-JRob

adriennek
08-23-2001, 09:18 PM
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT GOING TO REPLY TO ANY POSTS ABOUT THE WHOLE APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS THING--- I'M ONLY REPLYING TO HELP ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOVE. THANK YOU.

It's Tough to be a Bug has a few startling effects, yes. One in particular gave me concern because I have a friend with MS who could have had a really bad reaction to it. If you are afraid of spiders, I wouldn't recommend this ride. I have said before that I have a friend who is a Gulf War Veteran who will NOT go on this attraction-- he doesn't do bugs. It's not the scariest thing on Earth, but be aware.

Muppets is a lot more "fun"-- like JRob said, it's not intense.

Adrienne K

JRob2k1
08-23-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT GOING TO REPLY TO ANY POSTS ABOUT THE WHOLE APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS THING--- I'M ONLY REPLYING TO HELP ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOVE. THANK YOU.

If that was in relation to my liitle disclaimer it wasnt directed at you!! If it wasnt, then ignore me!;) I truely like and respect you and your posts Adrienne K...in case you were wondering??:confused:

Plus I am afraid of your wrath.....

Back to the topic:

-JRob

Kuzcotopia
08-23-2001, 09:46 PM
If you are afraid of the ones in Honey, you will get that and worse in Bug.

But Bug is a lot of fun anyway.

Muppet doesn't have anything that startling. Muppet*Vision is just good clean fun.

disneyhead
08-23-2001, 10:49 PM
I have a 5 year old princess. I had read a lot about the FX in bug's and how many smaller kids are terrified to the point of shrieking until the are finally taken out by thier parents. I talked to my daughter and told her all about the scary stuff. Then we worked our way up. Muppets 1st, HISTA 2nd, then I gave her the choice of seeing it or not. She loved it. Then she saw T2:3D by then it was old hat. She thought T2:3D was a little boring.
We did the same thing with the coasters, Gadgets 1st, the Matterhorn was down for rehab, BTMRR 2nd, then Space (she rode space 5 times, it is her favorite ride).

In that scary part of my brain I see her on the back of a Harley at the age of 15.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-24-2001, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by disneyhead
I have a 5 year old princess. I had read a lot about the FX in bug's and how many smaller kids are terrified to the point of shrieking until the are finally taken out by thier parents. I talked to my daughter and told her all about the scary stuff. Then we worked our way up. Muppets 1st, HISTA 2nd, then I gave her the choice of seeing it or not. She loved it. Then she saw T2:3D by then it was old hat. She thought T2:3D was a little boring.
We did the same thing with the coasters, Gadgets 1st, the Matterhorn was down for rehab, BTMRR 2nd, then Space (she rode space 5 times, it is her favorite ride).

Way to go Disneyhead! Now THAT is the way to introduce newbies (be they children, teens, or even scared adults) to rides and attractions that may be scary. I have always prescribed similar strategies for first time visitors to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I've gotten people that have never been on a coaster all the way up to the scariest things in the park....it's just a matter of going about things in order, and with kids, talking to them about the ride beforehand. Your princess will thank you when she gets older.

DisneylandKid
08-24-2001, 02:15 PM
I am repeating people here, but I love It's Tough to be a Bug. The AudioAnimatronics as well as the other effects are great. I would agree, though, that it is very intense. Moreso than Honey over at Disneyland.